Always call all in with AA preflop?

L

Lieutenant_OH7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An all-in AA with more than 2 other people is a bad idea, but the circumstances might not let you still fold it (after already a big 3bet for example).
The law of Murphy will come in, what can go wrong, will go wrong! ;)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
AA preflop is the best hand with the best chances so I would pay!

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA

As many others have said it depends what type of game it is and where you stand as far as winning a ticket to a big tourney or getting into the money.
Yes sure is hard to fold AA but then again with 3 players already going all in your odds go down to winning as I have had AA and lost many times to pocket 3's or someone hitting a flush.
Again all depends and what you are willing to lose. Hard to know you might be selling the ranch in a game where you are in the top 10 where calling might knock you out of the money.
GL ALL! :D

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The situation is very difficult, one against one, I play it without hesitation, but playing all in pre-flop many times loses, :eek:

F

fierysausage

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends if tourney or cash game.

Microstakes cash or tourney yes.

The closer you are to the bubble and the position you'd be in if you lost and how that affects your chances of being in the money impacts as well, so if it's a 3 way all in with 1 to the money and you don't cover everyone then you should probably fold.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When 3 or more players go all in. I wanted to know what you do in this situation. Thank you.

Good afternoon friend! It varies a lot from basic information to having players' notes at the table and the buy value ... and so on.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
it's a difficult decision because you'll mostly lose against 3 or more also depending on which face the tournament goes against 3 promissory notes all in against more very difficult

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, look, in such cases on MTT tournaments (in which I mostly play), when the bubble fight is not close, and I cannot easily hold out until it is not playing at all, then of course I will bet if there are 3-4 people, but there is the whole table is 6+, then I'll fold, I think, yes

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When 3 or more players go all in. I wanted to know what you do in this situation. Thank you.

In my case, I only play MTT, not always all in AA preflop is a good strategy.

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no for me its' all depends on the number of player in the hand

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, always calling and always failing, today was the first day that I won all in preflop with AA.

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes

yes, always calling and always failing, today was the first day I won all in preflop with AA.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well only if you are on a sattelite with a place guaranteed or maybe in a bubble with the mind cash being a life changing money (and you have enough blinds to survive the bubble).

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Most of the times I would go all in, but not all the times! It depends from the informations I have from the game.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a cash game or most tournaments, I would shove, but in a satellite, or on the bubble in a large tournament I could consider a fold sometimes.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Night

AA KK These are good cards for everything pre-flop but if you want to guarantee a good payout then it varies from 3x or even 5x or limp too. In my case, style variations to confuse you. :)

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't have to fold it, you always have to play it even if you're unlucky, this is a strong hand that often plays

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it would depend of what stage and my amount of chips, but even with 3 players in, I would call more than 90% of the times.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
90% of the time I go all-in. 10% includes many options, from the number of players in the game to the size of my stack.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Apart from the very valid satty bubble argument,...
it is also acceptable to fold AA pre if you are near the bubble of a tourney that you won entry to in a satty.
say you won a $500 ticket in a satty...your entire bankroll is say $100...min cash is $1000...you are on the bubble...you can fold with a clear conscience if the call would bust you if you lost.
But it is not in the spirit of the game. Go Big or go Home.

The only reason i would ever fold aces preflop is at the final table with really specific requirements.

- At the final table when I'm substantially behind in blinds (less than 2 big blinds) and everyone else at the table has very similar, and relatively large stacks. Enough people at the table have to go all in to warrant a fold. For example: final seven, at least four other people would have to be all in or be forced to call all in for me to fold. therefore, I'd be expect to get third place. This is better than having a favorable chance to quintuple (5x) my stack because of the fact that when I lose (I'm assuming about 40 or 50% of the time given the fact it would be a 5 way pot) I place 7th in the tourney. And, when I don't, I'd be placed 3rd or 4th of four players remaining which isn't much better than a near guaranteed forth place.

In any other situation, I cannot fathom the idea of folding aces preflop. They are simply too good to fold. Run pocket aces through a preflop odds calculator, they are never going to be -EV to go all in with preflop.

Here's CardChat's odd calculator if you want to test it yourself. (It doesn't calculate equity; you'd have to do that yourself on another website)
https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php

Two very good responses here. Says everything I wanted to say, except better worded. Nice posts! :)

foldeamela

foldeamela

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for the moment yes, always allin but I understand that I should learn that the right thing to do is not always allin and much less with several committed players, but it really costs me a lot to throw aa