AA - first hand the Sunday Millions

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a far more interesting question and situation than I think many of you are giving consideration to.

Of course there is a split field of call and fold answers. It is very easy sitting at your PC without having $215 hanging on your play and saying it is an easy call. Do you really want to put your tournament life at the hands of a coin flip in the very first hand? I guess if you can afford to lose $215 then it is easy. If not, then you may be wanting to give more thought to your decision. It may be an easy call, but to fold is harder and maybe wiser decision in the given scenario. You know nothing about the player in the SB and you have mere odds in your favour pre flop. Anything can happen during the flop and afterwards that seriously undermines the starting value of your two cards.

It's a difficult decision and would love to see us all in that position for real and see what we do.

Good luck

BB

Stefanell75

Stefanell75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To win Sunday Million tournament have to be able to proficiency and not to allow other distractions to challenge you to all in and aircraft. Will be fine.

T

TheArnie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a far more interesting question and situation than I think many of you are giving consideration to.

Of course there is a split field of call and fold answers. It is very easy sitting at your PC without having $215 hanging on your play and saying it is an easy call. Do you really want to put your tournament life at the hands of a coin flip in the very first hand? I guess if you can afford to lose $215 then it is easy. If not, then you may be wanting to give more thought to your decision. It may be an easy call, but to fold is harder and maybe wiser decision in the given scenario. You know nothing about the player in the SB and you have mere odds in your favour pre flop. Anything can happen during the flop and afterwards that seriously undermines the starting value of your two cards.

It's a difficult decision and would love to see us all in that position for real and see what we do.

Good luck

BB

If you can't afford to lose 215$ then lower stakes. Seriously, AA vs anything is some of the best odds in poker. Following this logic, you have to also fold sets if there is FD on flop, because you are a mere 70% favourite. Also all TPTK's in most cases because they aren't better than 80% against opponent ranges. Folding hands like these set you up for failure later when you become shortstacked and have to push/fold with way worse odds and pray for a coinflip in best case. It's poker, you rarely have 100% lock on pot before river. Also, if you play like this you'll be easily exploited, because whenever you call/raise opponents who are aware will simply assume you have the best of it and fold, or if they have the nuts you'll get coolered and that's it

ResAtDorsia

ResAtDorsia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% a call. No doubt about it. Are you really going to fold the best hand in poker preflop? If so you shouldn´t play poker.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
aa bad luck for me

Good morning , I saw this question on a website that I can not remember the name most wanted to know the answer for you.

A tournament , to be more specific , the Sunday Millions Pokerstars . First hand of the tournament you are in the BB , ah wheel table folded , the button is a small size and the SB pushes all in! Luckily you hold AA ! What would you do? would risk the tournament with a buy in and big awards range on the first hand or they would call ?
that I am in the game i would thinking about my bad luck with AA hah , but thought I'd have the best hand most likely to win the hand Snap Call ... :)))

P

pachopaez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

it's definitely call in any event , any position and at any stage of the tournament if someone goes all in and you've got AA always call , that's my opinion

jscales

jscales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push or fold?

In this situation you have to call. There is nothing beating you... They could get lucky... but they would have to get really lucky, but more than likely it is a double up early in the tournament... and that is NEVER a bad thing!

MrBadAss

MrBadAss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you re joking buuuuut, you have to make a question to yourself... why did you registered? to not bust or to win? i think after you answer that you have an answer for the first question

Ljuk358

Ljuk358

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

Definitely CALL and who says fold, he doesn't know what he is saying :) I am thinking about player who push all in what he can have for a hand and it is here only two hands: AA or KK ...

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no call-it's real lottery, but if you have a real big bankroll and losing will not affect on your financial position - with confidence PUSH CALL! Why I think that you must fold(if you get this ticket not easy, in satellite or somthing else), because in the first hand- you don't know anybody on the table and allin against you can do some reachy boy who playing in Sunday Million for a fan-he can go allin with any garbage-72 for example-it wasso once with me((((

T

TheArnie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why knowing anybody should matter if you are calling all in pre with best hand possible pre?

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If that is your all bankroll then fold, but if you have more money on PS then call offcourse, big chance for win , and if you loose , still have time for another tournament. Dont play Sunday million if you cant afford that

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely CALL and who says fold, he doesn't know what he is saying :) I am thinking about player who push all in what he can have for a hand and it is here only two hands: AA or KK ...
AND YOU WRONG , you dont know what you saying, LEARN a poker

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"why did you registered?" is great! hahahahaha :D

Poker is that! You must assume risks before of everything. Fold with a AA (AMERICAN AIRLINES)?

Oh, come on!

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
abit like saying you are on a desert island dying of thirst and there are 100 bottles of water 80 will save your life and 20 are poisonous, what do you do?

Maybe dont drink to increase the time you are alive:eek:

E

EG7497

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call, 100% correct play regardless of the stage of the tournament.

O

OgKb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold bc you know that mofo gonna catch a runner runner

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats the difference, if u get the same hand on the same spot at the beginning in the mid stage or late stage of the tournament, in all 3 cases u put your tournament life on a line with the best possible starting hand there is, so thats my answer AA on the BB allin shove every time, i shove AA from any position BB its just more good of a spot :D

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting question, so yeah we are all playing poker for that situation to snap call every time. Anyway, the 1st hand of tournament, for which you maybe collecting buy-in amount whole year, and you will never going to play it again, maybe next next year, of course you are going to tell your self, omfg I'll leave before it started. Of course there is possibility that K's or Q's call you, and yeah, he can hit set and bust you. Anyhow, its a gambling, even if you are stronger with AA, 5 cards still coming.
So yeah, my opinion IS to CALL, BUT folding is not retarded move :D

Dany_Style

Dany_Style

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh i never play before in sunday milion,but i think I call,if you lose,lose .. but this is the best start poker hand.naturally there is a risk of losing this poker hand, but this will give a good chance for growth stack , as first hand the blinds are small, and it would be good to double , then you will have an advantage.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The whole poker is built on probability theory. If one were to fold with AA , and then maybe not play at all? To look at would be the one who will fold here. Just call.

S

Stone Cold Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a call in my book, no matter what. Easiest double up in your life probably. lol And becoming a chip leader right away on such a prestigious tournament. Even if you lose in that hand the most important thing is you made the right CALL.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands