AA - first hand the Sunday Millions

Murmur228

Murmur228

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to take the maximum income from your monster and ragrawal them to the river,hoping that will be street or full-saws

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What kind of a stupid question Is this? AA 1st hand Sunday Million? It's an easy call

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sucked with AA so many times, this is the most annoying when you lose caused by a stupid dealer.

Hey! As a pro dealer I resent this comment.

However, as a player I agree wholeheartedly. Stupid me!

R

regis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Snap call.

I personally would not call , no info villain and risking the tournament so it is silly

Yes , I would fold this AA ! as the first hand of the tournament , no villain of information , it can ta pushing any range there , we could up with this winning percentage of 70 % - 30% , however find quite risky.

I know the hesitation may pop into one's mind for some, but odds say you should call. Though, wouldn't if feel amazing to fold that hand & save that all in spot for a chance at a late tournament big pot all in game changing opportunity, and wouldn't you be pissed if your rockets were cracked and you wished you could have at least enjoyed the tournament longer? ah, poker

yes, the percentages show that we would be ahead, way ahead ! For him to push all in, we can consider AA- KK- QQ- JJ- AK , but as you said, " Oh poker " , will he preaches in one piece and both .. hahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally would not call , no info villain and risking the tournament so it is silly

You don't need any info on the villain as you are 100% certain that you are ahead as you have the nuts. There is a slight chance you are chopping.

R

regis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to work with probability ... you not simply risking this, you are playing a favorite hand.

Yes , if we think so the probability is almost 70-30 % chance we win , we have to put a thought in our tournament life , we ask ourselves : are we playing to win the tournament , be profitable or whatever WHAT account it is the experience ?

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning , I saw this question on a website that I can not remember the name most wanted to know the answer for you.

A tournament , to be more specific , the Sunday Millions Pokerstars . First hand of the tournament you are in the BB , ah wheel table folded , the button is a small size and the SB pushes all in! Luckily you hold AA ! What would you do? would risk the tournament with a buy in and big awards range on the first hand or they would call ?

If you can play Sunday Million, you must have a normal bankroll for it. So there shouldnt be any doubt cos the size of buy-in.... => call ;)

R

regis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easiest call in the history of easy calls. You're an 80+% winner against even the strongest part of his range.

It's the first hand, he might just be gambling it up with any two as a sort of overzealous blind steal. You have aces! Shove!

Seriously, if you fold this, you're crazy. So what if you're going to exit the tournament about 15-20% of the time? 80+% of the time, you'll be starting the second hand with twice the stack the rest of the table has.

My guess is that whoever posed this question first doesn't understand equity, and just had a bad beat. That happens. It'll happen FAR more often that you'll double up. Shove!

nor is it a matter of fairness , we all know that the pair of aces pre flop has enough equity , puis concerned about how he came up to you , first hand a great tournament with the giant field , many would not give this call .

If you can play Sunday Million, you must have a normal bankroll for it. So there shouldnt be any doubt cos the size of buy-in.... => call ;)

Surely , this point of view the call is valid , if you take the Bad follows the game and opened another.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Ymatov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only call and Luck will be with you! Stronger AA hand could't be if not call with that hand what hand you call then?

R

regis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is absolutely NO reason to fold here. NONE. ZERO. NADA. NILL. NINE.

I do not know how else to say it. If you fold here you may as well quit playing poker forever.

completely understand your point of view , however many would fold for fear the Bad Beat , I know there's no way predicts it more in poker can expect everything!:)

Pilecas

Pilecas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing by the book you should call: Looking to the Odd`s you should call:

But let me see: I Already catch AA 3 times in the 1st hand, I loose them all, cause someone makes that magic All In that you are waiting for: So if the ODD`s say 80% above anyother hand I should be a winner in my next 12 times that happen: But I`m will not..

So by my Odd`s I fould. AA I loose much more than I win. Each day I hate more and more that AA hand: I even pray to not catch any on a MTT is always that hand that crush my Tournament, or AK or AJ:

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this thread supposed to be serious? Are we actually talking about "Vodoo/Predictions" and "Magic"?

If you folding AA In the "Sunday Mill" this goes to show, you're playing with fear and need to step down and play levels you can afford to play without fear

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously Go all in,is ridiculous fold AA pre-flop, and you have the opportunity to win And increase your stack!

A

Alexandre Koga

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always call because if you fold AA preflop will play with that ? but runs the risk of making bad bet and fall of the tournament but chances are minimal and your chance of finding a dominated hand is huge ... and nothing better than good start the tournament.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Put it this way: Do you see Phil Ivey or Daniel Negreanu folding here?

Another thing: that 81% equity you have is assuming a large sample size (I'm not well versed in statistics, but I would think that we're talking about thousands of hands), saying that you're going to fold AA pre-flop in a tourney because you've had them cracked three or four times is ridiculous.

S

ShoTyme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who says fold is beyond helping.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No amount of info on a player is going to change my mind about snap calling with AA. It honestly doesn't matter who it is in the SB, I'm calling.

Yes, it is a risk, but if you aren't willing to risk your tournament life with AA here, then why even play? No risk, no reward and this is the best hand to risk it all on.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
completely understand your point of view , however many would fold for fear the Bad Beat , I know there's no way predicts it more in poker can expect everything!:)
Those who would fold because they fear a bad beat are the ones who never do exceptionally well in tournaments because they give up perfect spots like this to get their money in as a huge favorite.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy double up on torney start. Whay fold? I will call in that situation.

T

ThanJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a serious question?!
The best way to stick around and enjoy the tournament longer is to chip up! Not to mention the fact that you have the absolute best hand going into the pot! Now if this were post-flop and a scary board in front of you that would be another story, but like someone else said before me you are 85% ahead of any other shove hand. This is an insta call in almost every situation, not just the first hand of the tournament

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands