AA - first hand the Sunday Millions

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes , if we think so the probability is almost 70-30 % chance we win , we have to put a thought in our tournament life , we ask ourselves : are we playing to win the tournament , be profitable or whatever WHAT account it is the experience ?
Yes. You are playing to win the tournament, or get in to one of the pay-out spots in satellite MTTs. I'm pretty sure to win is the goal of every single person enters an MTT. You talk about winning/being profitable, but you're never going to be a profitable player in the long run if you fold in situations like these when you're a huge favorite.
nor is it a matter of fairness , we all know that the pair of aces pre flop has enough equity , puis concerned about how he came up to you , first hand a great tournament with the giant field , many would not give this call .
You are way off here. I can guarantee a huge percent of players out there would snapcall this in a heartbeat. Those that do fold are very likely losing players in the long run.
completely understand your point of view , however many would fold for fear the Bad Beat , I know there's no way predicts it more in poker can expect everything!:)
Then these players are result-oriented losing players who wont show a profit in the long run if they don't change their views/thinking. True, you may not know when these "bad beats" may happen, but you do know AA is at least 75% favorite against any other hand. In the long run, getting your money in as a favorite is what gets you profits. The chance you might lose to a 25% underdog is nothing if you're thinking long term.

If a friend offered to flip a coin and says "If it lands on heads, I pay you $1000 but if it lands on tails, you have to pay me $215." Do you take this offer? If so, why this and not the AA vs XX? Your chances of winning are only 50% vs 75%. If you say no, why? You're getting offered over 4.5x your money at a 50/50 flip.
I raised this issue so , since I too bad with AA on hand even more so do not hate her , since I AA bad vs 98th / AA vs 56s and so on , I think it is an issue that will generate controversy and never anyone come a plausible conclusion.
So, you give 2 examples of losing with AA and you think there is a controversy with AA. If you're this result oriented, then I understand why you'd want to fold AA on the first hand of the sunday million. With that sad, you're thinking is way off. Your sample size is probably minuscule to even warrant some type of AA "controversy" and you're going to be a losing player in the long run if your poker decisions are based on some "bad luck". I've lost plenty of times with AA, as have many other players, but that doesn't change their 75% chance to win vs any other hand.
this variance is **** , most did not raise question of fear or something , not a tight and even aggressive ! the issue is the risk you take with AA ! AA vs 22 pre flop is 60 % -40 % and I think when we talk about poker , anything can happen ! :)
Wow. You're way off. AA vs 22 is an 80% favorite. And yes, anything can happen in poker, but at the same time, those who get their money in +EV spots are going to win in the long run.

Lets say I give you AA (face up) and I take 22 (face up) and I say we both put in $100. We'll see a flop, turn, and river, and the winner takes the pot. I say we should play this out 100x. Do you take me up on my offer? Why?
however that's the point , to be the first hand of a great tournament ! certainly in pre flop nobody wide an AA with the tournament in progress, most in the first leg everything is possible , including BAD !
Again, majority of all poker players snap call in this situation. The fact that anything can happen isn't a good enough reason to fold AA here. In fact, with that logic, you should just fold every hand you're dealt because of your "anything can happen" logic.I mean, if you're folding a hand that's a 75% favorite to win preflop, then it makes no logical sense for you to call with any other hand preflop ever because they're all less than a 75% to win. And if you're not calling with AA on the first hand because you fear the 25% chance it might lose, then it doesn't make sense to call during any other stage in the tournament because that 75%-25% doesn't change as the game progresses. In fact, you should just stop playing poker in general because, by your logic, you should never be playing a hand and you should be folding everything.

Well, don't stop playing, because as player, I'd like knowing that you're the type of player who is, by your logic, going to fold every single hand. We should play heads up cash games some time. I can just keep raising preflop, you click auto-fold for every hand, and i'll chips chip you down. I'm happy I'm making money. You're happy making such solid folds because "anything can happen" and you don't want to take slight risks.

S

smackdat2451

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
easy call, for me atleast.

Top pair pre-flop, can't say no to that. Although, AA does't bring in the cheese every time, ive witnessed some crazy beats vs pocket AA.

Gl tho!

R

regis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could go either way depending on the situation.

1. If I'm ok with loosing the first hand for a chance to double up I'd call.
2. If I feel early double up isn't necessary and I could definitely double up later I'd fold.
Its hard to say because I'd play on my gut feeling. But hey, I'm just a big fish, right?

Yes correct! everything depends on the right time , I guess I would not call this ..

D

darreneliascoach

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
need to consider odds and here you are not playing only with cards .

80% of time u win 20% of time you loose .

A

AckLakCak3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes , I put this question in check because many would call , and many also would fold, call for being the best hand pre flop Texas 's holdem and fold for not wanting to risky for being the first hand or have other call as you said .

Table folded to the button, who raised all in. SB folds, and you are in the BB (completing the round of betting). You are isolated against a single opponent holding the nuts. I don't care how you choose to justify it, you don't need a read on villain here. YOU ARE HOLDING THE NUTS AGAINST A SINGLE OPPONENT. Folding here is similar to waving the white flag before the war has even started.

pkrale

pkrale

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Double up or lose, you should always call because the chances of winning that hand are in your favour. In tournaments with that many players you are due to go all in on numerous occasions and passing an opportunity to double up with such sweet odds in your favour is insane.
If you take the pot down you have twice the chips than the rest of the players and that is the position you want to be in throughout the tournament.

K

KWILD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that you must go all in. I find that in tournaments, especially poker stars you need to have more chips to win coin flips. Therefore the more chips you have early the better chance you have of accumulating chips. Would be interesting to hear from other members if they have had the same experience. If you get a bad beat, so be it, and move on to the next one. Jan Fisher told me at a boot camp that she would rather lose out than just make the money, as that shows she wasn't playing for the win. For her playing to win the tourney was the only goal. Folding aces right of the bat is not going for the win.

R

regis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. You are playing to win the tournament, or get in to one of the pay-out spots in satellite MTTs. I'm pretty sure to win is the goal of every single person enters an MTT. You talk about winning/being profitable, but you're never going to be a profitable player in the long run if you fold in situations like these when you're a huge favorite.You are way off here. I can guarantee a huge percent of players out there would snapcall this in a heartbeat. Those that do fold are very likely losing players in the long run.Then these players are result-oriented losing players who wont show a profit in the long run if they don't change their views/thinking. True, you may not know when these "bad beats" may happen, but you do know AA is at least 75% favorite against any other hand. In the long run, getting your money in as a favorite is what gets you profits. The chance you might lose to a 25% underdog is nothing if you're thinking long term.

If a friend offered to flip a coin and says "If it lands on heads, I pay you $1000 but if it lands on tails, you have to pay me $215." Do you take this offer? If so, why this and not the AA vs XX? Your chances of winning are only 50% vs 75%. If you say no, why? You're getting offered over 4.5x your money at a 50/50 flip.So, you give 2 examples of losing with AA and you think there is a controversy with AA. If you're this result oriented, then I understand why you'd want to fold AA on the first hand of the sunday million. With that sad, you're thinking is way off. Your sample size is probably minuscule to even warrant some type of AA "controversy" and you're going to be a losing player in the long run if your poker decisions are based on some "bad luck". I've lost plenty of times with AA, as have many other players, but that doesn't change their 75% chance to win vs any other hand. Wow. You're way off. AA vs 22 is an 80% favorite. And yes, anything can happen in poker, but at the same time, those who get their money in +EV spots are going to win in the long run.

Lets say I give you AA (face up) and I take 22 (face up) and I say we both put in $100. We'll see a flop, turn, and river, and the winner takes the pot. I say we should play this out 100x. Do you take me up on my offer? Why?Again, majority of all poker players snap call in this situation. The fact that anything can happen isn't a good enough reason to fold AA here. In fact, with that logic, you should just fold every hand you're dealt because of your "anything can happen" logic.I mean, if you're folding a hand that's a 75% favorite to win preflop, then it makes no logical sense for you to call with any other hand preflop ever because they're all less than a 75% to win. And if you're not calling with AA on the first hand because you fear the 25% chance it might lose, then it doesn't make sense to call during any other stage in the tournament because that 75%-25% doesn't change as the game progresses. In fact, you should just stop playing poker in general because, by your logic, you should never be playing a hand and you should be folding everything.

Well, don't stop playing, because as player, I'd like knowing that you're the type of player who is, by your logic, going to fold every single hand. We should play heads up cash games some time. I can just keep raising preflop, you click auto-fold for every hand, and i'll chips chip you down. I'm happy I'm making money. You're happy making such solid folds because "anything can happen" and you don't want to take slight risks.

honestly , I enjoyed all your answers! not disparaging others who responded , their responses were more plausible and totally in the know , congratzzzz

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course call. If fold AA in the start of tournament you must waiting AAA preflop???lol

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im fairly certain i would never fold aces pre-flop with only one other person in hand-if i went bust ide be ok with that-now if it was a 4 way pot and i was dealt aces that might be different

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If fold AA in the start of tourney how do you want to win him

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you believe in God, start to thank Him while you slowly drift all your chips to the middle of the table!!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heads up first hand with AA? I am calling.

D

delox7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, there is no reason to fold AA in this situation, even if it is the first hand of the Sunday Million. Just call and pray haha

R

RodrigoAKPD

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all win already start leading, the tournament, hehe

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you call....you have 70% cance to win....if i have AA in my first hand i call 100% in any cases in any tournament....i think this is the best decision i can take

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course call !!! because your 100% leader !!! on buble i thought and maybe fold in this situation

T

TheArnie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still can't believe that there is serious discussion about folding AA pre. You're lucky to have all-ins before you, so you don't have to involve in tricky play postflop. Thanks to people who consider folding AA pre there is still money to be made in poker.

anonimalit

anonimalit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
insta call pré flop , not slow play =)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands