AA - first hand the Sunday Millions

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In theory could be AA preflop fold. For Example. You play in EPT. It is Bubble. You Have 1-2 bb and seat on button. If you goes All-In, SB and BB coll and check very often and you have 60-65% to win. But if you lost you do not get money. Even you win you have 4-7bb and it is not normal stack. In this situation you must fold. But in SM in this situation of course it is easy coll.

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are considering folding AA preflop you shouldn't be playing tournaments with that high buy-ins.

R

rickroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While winning that hand won't be a game changing play and losing obviously would. If it's a play you'd make midway through the tourney then you gotta be able to do it on the first hand as well.

In any tournament, simply making it to the itm portion will require numerous coin flips so while I'd probably fold AK here, with AA it's a snap call.

T

ThanJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In theory could be AA preflop fold. For Example. You play in EPT. It is Bubble. You Have 1-2 bb and seat on button. If you goes All-In, SB and BB coll and check very often and you have 60-65% to win. But if you lost you do not get money. Even you win you have 4-7bb and it is not normal stack. In this situation you must fold. But in SM in this situation of course it is easy coll.

I understand where you are coming from here, but even in this situation it should be an easy call. Unless you are playing with your last penny and you really need to get into the money. Otherwise you are throwing away an opportunity to triple and get far deeper into the tournament. Any serious player would rather bust on the bubble with a chance to go deep in the tournament than get blinded out if the others split the pot.

J

jigglypuff99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if you are that worried about losing with AA then you are playing much too high steaks.

R

regis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing by the book you should call: Looking to the Odd`s you should call:

But let me see: I Already catch AA 3 times in the 1st hand, I loose them all, cause someone makes that magic All In that you are waiting for: So if the ODD`s say 80% above anyother hand I should be a winner in my next 12 times that happen: But I`m will not..

So by my Odd`s I fould. AA I loose much more than I win. Each day I hate more and more that AA hand: I even pray to not catch any on a MTT is always that hand that crush my Tournament, or AK or AJ:

I raised this issue so , since I too bad with AA on hand even more so do not hate her , since I AA bad vs 98th / AA vs 56s and so on , I think it is an issue that will generate controversy and never anyone come a plausible conclusion.

Is this thread supposed to be serious? Are we actually talking about "Vodoo/Predictions" and "Magic"?

If you folding AA In the "Sunday Mill" this goes to show, you're playing with fear and need to step down and play levels you can afford to play without fear

this variance is **** , most did not raise question of fear or something , not a tight and even aggressive ! the issue is the risk you take with AA ! AA vs 22 pre flop is 60 % -40 % and I think when we talk about poker , anything can happen ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
R

regis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a serious question?!
The best way to stick around and enjoy the tournament longer is to chip up! Not to mention the fact that you have the absolute best hand going into the pot! Now if this were post-flop and a scary board in front of you that would be another story, but like someone else said before me you are 85% ahead of any other shove hand. This is an insta call in almost every situation, not just the first hand of the tournament

however that's the point , to be the first hand of a great tournament ! certainly in pre flop nobody wide an AA with the tournament in progress, most in the first leg everything is possible , including BAD !

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think i'll call , because is the best starting hand , and is hard to fold such of hand on such of situation.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this variance is **** , most did not raise question of fear or something , not a tight and even aggressive ! the issue is the risk you take with AA ! AA vs 22 pre flop is 60 % -40 % and I think when we talk about poker , anything can happen ! :)
You are misinformed.

In AA vs 22, AA is 82.2% favourite to win. That's more than 4 times out of 5!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
regis, how has this strategy (type of thinking) been working for you?

I see your biggest cash so far (in over 1,000 tournaments) is $7. Do you think this has anything to do with folding AA preflop at start of tournaments?

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definetly call. You have to make good decisions all through the tourney. The correct decision in this case is to call. Sure you might get knocked out, but you still made the correct decision.

B

bizbakol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in or fold. I think if you afraid and just call or raise you can suck big. Hope the luck be with you!

A

AckLakCak3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this position, you need to make the call or you shouldn't be playing in the tournament at all. This is a great scenario for AA.

Had the situation been UTG raises all in with 4 callers before you, i'd fold just because the odds against someone hitting a stronger hand are against you in that instance. But this is not that situation, and a snap call is your only option.

R

rickroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this position, you need to make the call or you shouldn't be playing in the tournament at all. This is a great scenario for AA.

Had the situation been UTG raises all in with 4 callers before you, i'd fold just because the odds against someone hitting a stronger hand are against you in that instance. But this is not that situation, and a snap call is your only option.

+1

R

regis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing by the book you should call: Looking to the Odd`s you should call:

But let me see: I Already catch AA 3 times in the 1st hand, I loose them all, cause someone makes that magic All In that you are waiting for: So if the ODD`s say 80% above anyother hand I should be a winner in my next 12 times that happen: But I`m will not..

So by my Odd`s I fould. AA I loose much more than I win. Each day I hate more and more that AA hand: I even pray to not catch any on a MTT is always that hand that crush my Tournament, or AK or AJ:

Now yes, finally a worthy answer to that question ! his response was sensational, congratulations !

Yes , I put this question in check because many would call , and many also would fold, call for being the best hand pre flop Texas 's holdem and fold for not wanting to risky for being the first hand or have other call as you said .

Please wanted a plausible explanation to the subject , you also help to achieve the posts of the required club.

regis, how has this strategy (type of thinking) been working for you?

I see your biggest cash so far (in over 1,000 tournaments) is $7. Do you think this has anything to do with folding AA preflop at start of tournaments?

not placed in question about my bank or gains , I think you rushed this post yours :)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could go either way depending on the situation.

1. If I'm ok with loosing the first hand for a chance to double up I'd call.
2. If I feel early double up isn't necessary and I could definitely double up later I'd fold.
Its hard to say because I'd play on my gut feeling. But hey, I'm just a big fish, right?

V

velhasil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold of course!! how can you call with a hand like AA pre flop allin???

Jhonnathan Willians

Jhonnathan Willians

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u fold? Pair of Aces is call without regret

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Come on people! with aces always call! always!, never mind that everybody push, we always want action from a lot of opponent.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call cuz youre very much favourite to win and to double up

S

ShoTyme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread proves the difference between poker winners and losers. Wow.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands