You would accept poker as a school subject?

Angel v rai

Angel v rai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game theory classes are readily available online and at major universities such as MIT. YouTube is a good starting place to get a feel for these classes.
This is one of the best universities. But unfortunately. It is unrealistic to get there (. Especially for us. From Kazakhstan)

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
subjetct

hi.I think that poker can give us very useful tools for day to day. from mathematical aspects to mental aspects. Although I love poker, I think there are things that can be explained without it being a school subject. Cheers: location:

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
subject

hello, I think that poker can give us very useful tools for day to day. from mathematical aspects to mental aspects. Although I love poker, I think there are things that can be explained without it being a school subject. Cheers :D:rolleyes:

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahahahahahahahaha that would be great. :D

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's far fetched teaching kids about poker, gambling but I wouldn't be against it lol I just think it's kinda silly

I would even accept so that the child learns early about the challenges of life and how to know how to control a situation in which you can lose money and get lost in life.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
game theory, Nash equilibrium and other mathematical calculations that are part of the poker universe I learned in school

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
WHAT? Poker is a school subject... complete nonsense. It is necessary to reform the education system, because. the current generation is degrading at the speed of light, but not in this way. Maybe in addition to poker, you need to include the study of tik-tok in the program?

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At school, children are already heavily overwhelmed, and diverting their attention from studying basic subjects is a bad idea.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
mm not too sure at a very young age, not sure it's something that needs to be taught in schools though

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I dont think so. No teaching kids to gamble.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not sure its good idea to learn gambling too young child......maybe after 15 but its bit necessairy i thinhk

Moroccanbluff26

Moroccanbluff26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No it’s a game not a school subject. But it will be nice to have a branch during the university xD:joyman:

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is a lot of irrelevant "knowledge" that are shown in schools, so why not poker..

V

VenomX1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NO

School is for learning about life. Poker is mostly a hobbiey and a sport.
Schools don't need a pool team the same way they don't need a poker class.
Poker is solitary in it's form.
School is about becoming a functional person.
Poker players are caged animals trapped in the game :deal: 😄

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So what exactly would kids learn from being taught poker? Maths? Well, that is a subject in its own right. Phycology? Again, this is taught in other subjects. In fact, this is probably one of the dumbest suggestions I've come across for a while.

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a school subject? Not a chance. However, i taught my godsons poker when they were 6 and 7yrs old. Same with my kids when they were that young. They got to learn basic math along with it, percentages had to be half or a quarter at first, but learning different chip values meant they had to be able to add and actually multiply after they got better. All of them did better in math after we started.

So as a school subject, still no, but as a math aid to youngsters? 4 out of 4 kids got a definite advantage in schooling because they learned poker.

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dunno, if you play as part of class you’re playing witha whole table of people who studied it seriously and have incentive to play well even if they don’t feel like it. Without real money it’s not poker, with real money it could be an expensive class.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I fail to see the benefits of this ...

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
better probabilities and statistics, outcomes analysis, and will be useful for many subject matters. :deal:

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker suppose to be for mature people, with stable psycho and mental health.
Kids will not understand most of the dark side of the game, only after they will take responsibility of themselves, they can try to play this game.