You would accept poker as a school subject?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would even accept so that the child learns early about the challenges of life and how to know how to control a situation in which you can lose money and get lost in life.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I would even accept so that the child learns early about the challenges of life and how to know how to control a situation in which you can lose money and get lost in life.

I remember that back in the school days we even had economy lessons for 1 year - there we visited once our national bank museum or something where was some game etc where someone our class managed to bankrupt our economy (imagine if this would happen in real life) ...

As for school subject then it probably would rely on teacher like how intresting (s)he would do this particular subject cause if you've some subjects where teacher is basically female version of Hitler and/or senile old man then these lessons are probably never going to be intresting sadly :bebored:

So in short i probably would say no to your question :rolleyes:

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember that back in the school days we even had economy lessons for 1 year - there we visited once our national bank museum or something where was some game etc where someone our class managed to bankrupt our economy (imagine if this would happen in real life) ...

As for school subject then it probably would rely on teacher like how intresting (s)he would do this particular subject cause if you've some subjects where teacher is basically female version of Hitler and/or senile old man then these lessons are probably never going to be intresting sadly :bebored:

So in short i probably would say no to your question :rolleyes:
friend, for this aggressiveness, I asked only one question, I didn't disapprove of anyone.

M

Meirinha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely sure.
When I play CardsChat, I feel like I'm being taught in every tournament!

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
asignatura escolar

hello no way

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

If I would accept it ... it would be good for the boys and their mental ability. Even as a recreation !!!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A long time ago in a similar thread I commented I think poker would be a great learning tool for kids.

The problem being parents and the schools themselves likely would not agree due to the association with gambling.

As far as I am aware a few universities offer poker courses due to the fact a professor is well aware of the benefits (statistics, maths, etc.) and if the school has approved they have proven to be popular.

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem you would have is the same one that plagues a lot of adults, people thinking its gambling and people looking to get rich quick.

When a mind is undeveloped its very dangerous to introduce things like gambling and those dopamine highs, Its what happened to me and I spent the ages of 12-22 playing poker thinking I was going to get rich in the next big tournament took years to come down and realise its not the case.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Unfortunately I don't believe it is a good idea.

There are some aspects that are good teaching points that has real world application like the math, brm discipline, dealing with ups and downs and reading people.

The bad aspects is the gambling and addiction and bluffing which is essentially lying/tricking people. I don't think this is good to teach younger persons who are very impressionable and don't make the best life decisions sometimes. I think it is why playing cards or other games for money is limited to 18+.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is a good idea! Poker teaches a lot, the most important thing is control.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker as a school subject? No. But the kids should be teached how stock exchanges work and how to invest in shares. This is more profitable in a long term than poker. Poker is a play, this mustn't be learned in school.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately I don't believe it is a good idea.

There are some aspects that are good teaching points that has real world application like the math, brm discipline, dealing with ups and downs and reading people.

The bad aspects is the gambling and addiction and bluffing which is essentially lying/tricking people. I don't think this is good to teach younger persons who are very impressionable and don't make the best life decisions sometimes. I think it is why playing cards or other games for money is limited to 18+.

I concur. The benefits are far outweighed by the negative association with gambling.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
As an application of mathematics it would be an attractive example. More it would also be an application and exerscise of phsycology!

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really. But as an addition to mathematics/statistics. But not as an extra subject, because its a game that is only legal for 18yo +

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that schools must have a subject that will allow children to be financially literate. But I don't think all students should be taught to play poker. :)

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody!
Any subject in school is compulsory, whether you like it or not. I don’t think all children need poker, they’ll grow up to decide.

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think poker should be a compulsory subject in school. Most of the things we learn from poker like probability, risk management can be taught without introducing poker as a subject.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I disagree with poker lessons on poker, here separate lessons for those who wish would be an interesting option.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Why should everyone teach something that will never be useful in life ??? I think that a very small percentage of school children in the future will start earning money from poker)))

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think not. If they were taught to play, the game would become even more difficult. And I like to play knowing that I play better than most.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I don't think that's a good idea. Poker is not a game for children. But of course, children need to be taught to be patient, responsible and disciplined.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are not so many people who relate normally to poker in the world, I think there will be too many protesters to introduce this as a subject in school.:)