You would accept poker as a school subject?

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Maybe in the last year of school, it would be an interesting subject 😅

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No. ....we love it here for sure but i dont think too put that on school its great idea.....its hobby and game .......i put chess in school???

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure, if the teachings would focus on the soft skills like patience, strategic thinking, resilience, long-term-goal-setting and so on...

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was written here above, but I will remind you that card gambling and everything related to it has a limit of up to 18 years, there are countries under 21, and there are countries where it is completely prohibited, the only thing the state should do for children is not to teach children bluff and the wisdom of economics, and to provide them a carefree childhood, provide free education and medicine, and not load them with some problems

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely no! Poker is gambling game we need to be honest.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The psyche of children is too sensitive to gambling. And it can lead to addiction. At school a child should learn mathematics, history, geography and other subjects, and not delve into excitement for money.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it's not only irresponsible but quite nuts...

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It seems to me that the school curriculum is already saturated with various subjects and there is no need to add another one. Poker can be like a hobby club, but not in school, maybe in university

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
In ordinary schools, of course, poker will never be taught. For this, there is a poker school from the poker academy. It is difficult to imagine a professional without the academic knowledge of a poker school. It is worth spending time not only on the issues of playing certain types of hands and other aspects of the strategy of the game, but also on the mathematics of poker, as well as the psychology of the game.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think programming a basic poker game could be a good project for computer science students, or advanced high school students. You would need to develop an interactive interface, track hands, manage random deck shuffle, button, blinds, action, etc. You could also learn how to develop code to more readily add future enhancements, and it would be fun to develop test plans and test the application.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not here in Brazil, not for the next 300 years at least, education here is totally backward, the level of basic education in this country is ridiculous, so I believe that countless other changes should be applied before poker enters the teaching grid.