You would accept poker as a school subject?

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would even accept so that the child learns early about the challenges of life and how to know how to control a situation in which you can lose money and get lost in life.

I see poker as a game of the mind, but the vast majority of families see poker as a game of chance, so they wouldn't accept this discipline in schools too easily. But it would be nice to attend a class with Professor Daniel Negreanu.:D

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is over doing it. kids need to learn to be responsible for there living. gambling is not a responsible life,

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
this would be my favorite subject:)

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no way its a bad thing to learn how to outwit your neighbor.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would even accept so that the child learns early about the challenges of life and how to know how to control a situation in which you can lose money and get lost in life.

It's already a discipline of life, everything you face seriously is always a path. It is not necessary to be included in a school subject, just be where you are.

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course not. There is a lot to learn at school for children. For them, poker is just a thing at their age. That's when they reach adulthood, then at will.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Well, according to terms and conditions, games are for adults, but let me tell you something, there is already a school subject called probability and statistics, most engineering schools include it, they don't talk exclusively about poker, but Who talk about Events that can occur, such as flipping a coin, have a 50% chance of a head and a 50% chance of a cross, as well as the chances of getting a pair of a certain number in a deck of cards. The rest can easily learn the value of each number. From a pair of two pairs, a third of a straight, a color, a full house or a poker player, the probability that one of these will come out is lower compared to each other, so there is a winning hand because you are the least likely to get it in relation to the other:D

well I think I went a long way and gave a mini class greetings: D

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way. Many better stuff to learn at young age.

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There’s far more important school subjects, and they do eventually learn about probability. What needs to be taught is how to manage finances and/or accounting. Way too many people don’t know how to handle money, especially when they’re around the age they can legally take on debt.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kids definitely should be taught good gambling principles in school, things like how to calculate odds, discipline and patience, bankroll management etc. Instead they just get it drilled into their heads how bad gambling is. I think part of the problem as to why there are so many problem gamblers in society is that they are never given the tools at a young age so they can be good at it. Of course these skills can also be applied in other things in life like business decisions and investing in the stock and commodities markets.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
First comes to my mind is math lesson about variance but here in finland there is already good university-level research made by smart people, e.g about brain of poker player, what happend there and how that effect us, when we tilt, or not to try to tilt, when we win or lose, etc.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No never........poker is not for the kids....and i know we love playing but its not so important later carreer

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
What a stupid idea!
I agree! Poker is our favorite game, but you don't need to impose it on everyone around, and even more so include it in the school curriculum. Imagine if everyone did this? There will be chess, football, volleyball and much more 😂

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is a game of chance. Of course it shouldn't be like a game at school. But there are elements of poker such as mathematics, logic, and forecasting the consequences at school. So when we're out of school, we're ready for this great game.

H

helen27_7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
and no, this is not where they should be taught

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
No, in my understanding, you need to be at a conscious age, and poker is not for everyone in adulthood. However, children need to be prepared for adulthood.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Poker as a subject? Rather not.
But math could be taught by involving poker.
I think the students would also be more interested in calculating probability, calculating percentages, etc.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely.

I've seen a few universities having it on Math/statistics majors and classes.

I do need to improve a lot on my math and learning it through poker would be great.

Actually there should be a whole school of poker, a physical one.

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I love poker. But placing it as a subject of study in a school seems to me not appropriate. Perhaps at the university level it could be, but for minors I do not think it is convenient,

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. Poker shouldn't be forced on kids...

H

HeiligerKevin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker shouldn't be a subject in school, since there aren't really many things to learn for life that can't be taught by other subjects, like probability in maths.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Absolutely,not as a single subject though but It would fit right in with some aspects of math.
When I can introduce a kid to chess why not poker? Both are mind games . Poker just has the stigma of being considered as gambling.
But both are not important enough to be a school subject. I'd like to see games like chess and poker to be included approprietly within the curiculum

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ofcourse not poker is a gamble game after all,and I dont think teaching children how to gamble at a young age is smart.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think this subject should be taught around the university because school will break the child's psyche