lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, of course, sometimes you need to take a break from playing poker.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are times when I force myself to play or study poker, and sometimes it took effort to force myself to stop playing because I was immersed in the process and did not see what was happening around. In fact, a person can live for several days without water, several weeks without food and only a few minutes without oxygen. Well, nothing is said about poker there) Therefore, you just need to be able to set priorities in life correctly and you will have enough time for everything you really need and are interested in

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Im playing a lot lately and im a bit addicted

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, but life is not complete without it.
Peace!

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Yes, you can schedule and respect, you don’t permit the poker affect your balance in your family.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you can live without playing poker for a day. Professionals don't play every day. They have a routine that they follow in which they have time to distract themselves and time to study.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi !
I can live even a year without poker.
For me, poker is just entertainment. I don't have an addiction and I only play for my own pleasure.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Preventing an obsession with playing poker requires mindful awareness and setting boundaries to maintain a healthy balance between poker and other aspects of your life. Establish specific time limits for your poker sessions. Decide in advance how much time you'll spend playing each day or week, and stick to those limits. This prevents poker from taking up too much of your time. Proper bankroll management helps you avoid overspending on poker. Set clear limits on how much money you're willing to invest in the game, and stick to these limits to prevent financial strain. If you are incapable to do it by your will power, most poker software has an option of daily buy-in limits, which can not be changed instantly. That would help ;)

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me its getting harder and harder to stop for awhile do you have any tips so that I could focus on learning rather than playing continuously hoping something will change 🥲
And also how long you stayed without playing poker?
Yes, I lived without poker for almost two month from March 9th, oh ya I had stroke, paralyzed my left side. Almost two months to get things moving again. See to stop playing for a while, but I do not recommend it. hahahahaha.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, if you are tired you can relax not only one day but more, it will depend on how you are managing your time and poker.

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me its getting harder and harder to stop for awhile do you have any tips so that I could focus on learning rather than playing continuously hoping something will change 🥲
Hello, there is no such thing as sitting and playing poker from morning to night, your back will say goodbye!

In addition to poker, you should have other things to do, go out with your friends, your girlfriend or walk your dog.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
defo, poker will always be there, living your life is more important

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Can I?
That's the question that I ask myself from time to time.
I was able to stop playing for several months, but unable to not watch poker games on YouTube or Twitch.
Now I am playing much less than I was before, because I need my job XD.
Gl at the table, and no need to give up poker, just give up losing.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well I can't live a day with poker lol 24 hours of poker , that would drive me crazy , all the stupid R bots and crazy players. Even 10 hours session is killing me . Many times after 2 hours I will abandon the session , when I feel I am being fu**""

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
O play almost every day, but I'm not dependent.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, for me, usually works like this: recently earned money on tournaments, the next day I'll want to play more. Had a big loss recently: I'll play the next day without any pleasure (and usually not on my best), I just play these days cause I need to. But this could be a good criteria; when you're at a downswing, it's time to make less buy ins and dedicate more time to improve your game in other ways. Sometimes, just to stay a while occupying your mind with other stuff can be beneficial to your game the next day.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
having a healthy life, practicing exercises, going for a walk, applying breathing techniques, and always with a good coffee and water, and sometimes a peanut ....

and usually I don't play poker for a few weeks when the tilt comes... =D

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i can live the rest of my life without poker, but i enjoy playing sometimes.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Given the situation around, I have very little time for poker, I sat at the poker table every day, I don't know, maybe I was addicted. However, now it is very difficult to find time to play poker in a relaxed environment

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes I need to spend several days, don't think you need to stop and study, I think we all know where we go wrong and mainly understand that the emotional influences too much on our game.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I already spent almost 1 year without playing, at the time of the NFT games I had absolutely no time to play poker, I think it's just finding something to keep you very busy!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There will be a time you just get tired ether physically or mentally so you will need to take a break every so often. I have taken about a month off from poker a few times over the years, but most are about 7 to 10 day breaks. This is usually when I am just not feeling it of just plain tired and need more sleep. What I do during these times more often than not is study. Usually when I come back, I play much better than I was. In the last year+ life has gotten in the way of playing and I haven't played as much but I have worked on my game totally the whole time and my results have been great.

Organize a Home Poker Game