DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
For me its getting harder and harder to stop for awhile do you have any tips so that I could focus on learning rather than playing continuously hoping something will change 🥲
And also how long you stayed without playing poker?

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've went months and even over year without playing before. Sometimes you just need a break. Sometimes I've just lost interest or been too busy with life to even play. It's unhealthy if you find yourself playing poker when you should be doing other things or thinking about it when doing other things and losing focus. This is a tell-tale sign of gambling addiction. Even if you're winning this is an unhealthy perspective. If you have a lot of idle time, find something else of interest to partake in. Poker is a fine hobby so long as it doesn't begin to consume you. I wish you well friend!

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
I've went months and even over year without playing before. Sometimes you just need a break. Sometimes I've just lost interest or been too busy with life to even play. It's unhealthy if you find yourself playing poker when you should be doing other things or thinking about it when doing other things and losing focus. This is a tell-tale sign of gambling addiction. Even if you're winning this is an unhealthy perspective. If you have a lot of idle time, find something else of interest to partake in. Poker is a fine hobby so long as it doesn't begin to consume you. I wish you well friend!
But what if I want to make a living from poker what should I do then?

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
do you have any tips so that I could focus on learning rather than playing continuously
You could make a schedule (according to your needs); before playing study for about half an hour; you can also add a few minutes of learning after playing; you will need a large volume of practice to absorb what you learn...
For several years (is my biggest record without poker)...

Lately i play too rare (1-3 hours per day)... I need to change that, I think.

A

Ace of Spad3s

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
But what if I want to make a living from poker what should I do then?
From starting to play poker and becoming a pro lie years and years of time. And most people who try, won't make it.

Stop focusing on stuff like that, and just play in the moment;)

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, of course.. Sometimes a week and sometimes a month, depending on the business

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Quite easily. Its not my job or my obsession. Just a hobby.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I have times when it feels it's impossible to stop, even if I forcefully tell myself to do it and then I have times where I barely touch it or even completely leave it on the side to come back to it later. I'd say the main thing would be to take it more as a hobby then a job. I understand many would love to live from it, but it's far from glamorous as one might feel after seeing the stars ducking it out on live tv. Play it on the side, maybe you manage to make it some day. :)

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
I have times when it feels it's impossible to stop, even if I forcefully tell myself to do it and then I have times where I barely touch it or even completely leave it on the side to come back to it later. I'd say the main thing would be to take it more as a hobby then a job. I understand many would love to live from it, but it's far from glamorous as one might feel after seeing the stars ducking it out on live tv. Play it on the side, maybe you manage to make it some day. :)
I am not able to leave it since I don’t have nothing to do and I just want to learn more and more and make something out of it.
Because of that I am playing 9+ hours a day.
Learning little little everyday.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me its getting harder and harder to stop for awhile do you have any tips so that I could focus on learning rather than playing continuously hoping something will change 🥲
You can live a day without ANYTHING, besides perhaps oxygen. :giggle:

Surely when playing too much and studying not enough then not achieving your desired outcomes should be motivation enough to play less and anlayise and study more, no? :unsure:

I've had time away where I'm gone for a week or so, not a single hand of poker played during that time and amazingly- I somehow didn't spontaneously combust! :)

It sounds like you need to work on areas of your self-discipline and control, if you are playing less-than-ideal games, more than you want to or are not improving/achieving break even+.

Last edited:
recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've stopped a few times due to obligations. You have to stipulate study time in your day and put it into practice.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, of course! Poker is not the main thing in life and I don't have an addiction to poker, but I do have an addiction to money. If someone gave me, for example, $300 and said: "You don't play poker for 10 days", I would gladly agree. Poker is just a game, and everyone has only one life, and only money can make our life much better. :cool::D

Wolf78

Wolf78

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Poker is something else... not just strategy, but also the adrenaline of going all or nothing, hunting an opponent... there are many emotions... all together that sometimes you can't sustain them on a daily basis!!!

Y

ychayamichi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
back to table's today... let's see

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I definitely can, easily and simply, especially on those days when I endure a streak of bad luck

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well... to think that I can't live without playing poker is very extreme... but I certainly would miss going without playing poker since it's my passion...!

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I am not able to leave it since I don’t have nothing to do and I just want to learn more and more and make something out of it.
Because of that I am playing 9+ hours a day.
Learning little little everyday.
Hehe I know what you mean. When you're hard into it, everything else might feel as not important or a waste of time and you rather just play. But believe me, there is always something a person can do, we just don't see it.
I usually leave it for a bit when real life catches back to me. For example I changed my job back in May, I barely played since then. Just been way to preoccupied with it. Once I stabilize again, I can see myself playing a lot more.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sure, I could go a day without poker. It's easy, you just need to get distracted by other more important things. If I don't have a bankroll, I only play freerolls on weekends.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If possible though it depends on the person. I haven't played for days and I don't feel anxious about playing again

Organize a Home Poker Game