Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I can't live a day without poker,unless I don't betting for football.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It wasn't easy to stop playing for the first couple of years. I can stop anytime I feel like it now. Longest period was for a year. But at that year I was enjoying watching pros play, also studying the game for far more hours than I was ever playing daily. Start making it a habit to study for 30-60 minutes everyday and see how it goes.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't play every day these days. I just don't have the time and energy to focus entirely on the game.alas.

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can, and it's easy
But sometimes it pulls

Mimo..Mach

Mimo..Mach

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If I have had to spend more than a day without playing poker but they are sad days :cry:. And not to mention when I know that I will miss a very important tournament :eek::eek:

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes I can. And I do it every week. I play mostly on Friday and/ or Saturday.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play only as a recreational activity... However, daily and with a strict money management. For example 10$ a day... The moment I lose that money during a day it's stop time. I can live without it but I don't want to. Even in busy days I find time for a sitngo.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i can but i have adhd and poker is the only thing that can make me concentrate

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, sometimes i dont play for days weeks months and other times play few days a week i manage my time

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Yep.... I think the longest I didn't play was a year or so but there was a million other things going on 👎

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me its getting harder and harder to stop for awhile do you have any tips so that I could focus on learning rather than playing continuously hoping something will change 🥲
And also how long you stayed without playing poker?
For me, poker is entertainment. I have no addiction. I may not play if I don't have the mood, time or I have a lot of work.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me its getting harder and harder to stop for awhile do you have any tips so that I could focus on learning rather than playing continuously hoping something will change 🥲
And also how long you stayed without playing poker?
I have not seriously played Poker in a long time, in fact it was before the Pandemic and lock-downs started that I last played in a Live event, Which is mow over 3 years ago, On-line I took up a personal challenge to double my bankroll, and actually Trebled it in 6 months, but since then I rarely login to pokerstars for months at a time.
Poker can be addictive, but personally I have lost the desire to play as much as I used to, and it is very hard to find that desire again, I spend more time on this Forum than I do playing Poker but only so that if I do start playing again I can always rely on the Cardschat freerolls to get me started again.
Who knows, maybe one day!

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
As in every job, so here, you must do your days off, otherwise you will overwork. I play no more than 5 days a week.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can easily do without playing poker. Sometimes I don't play for weeks because I don't have free time. Of course, such periods make me sad, but in general, poker is not the most important thing in my life :)

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
since you play every day I think in my point of view you should program yourself with studies, time is valuable. Invest in knowledge in your time than just pushing buttons and bulking up tournaments. It is certainly very important to take days off from poker to rest your mind, as poker has variance our mind gets very tired with important final straights that we fall etc....
Another important point is to live too and not just get hooked on playing and studying, plan goals and routines that your game will change a lot and your lifestyle too.
I spend off game 2 times a week when I'm really willing to hit goals and get results in the medium and long term. gl

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could easily stop playing poker and every time I do that and then I comeback to the game I see my skills are getting better, I think that the brain as the muscles needs to be trained and also need to rest...

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think so, but it turns out that I play for 2-3 hours every day. Poker is a hobby for me.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
When there is money in Parker's account. I can't help myself. I play every day. And when there is no money, I can restrain myself for weeks without poker

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the way is for you don’t let the game dictate to you, but is you who choose when and how long you will play. From the moment this is reversed, it is dangerous because it can become a bad addiction many times.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes yes but its rarely happen.......if i going outside for vacancy i dont play and spend time with family but if not rarely its happen

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I mostly play every day. But my family comes first. And of course my health.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course I can. I have now taken a short break, I have not played for the fourth day. I have other activities in life that bring me joy and pleasure. I love poker very much, but sometimes I need to take a break from it too. If I do something in my life very often, then I start to get tired of this activity. In this case, I take a break, rest for a while. If you want to make a living playing poker, you need to set a goal for yourself and start moving towards it. Read the necessary literature, maybe even work with trainer, install software if you don't have it yet.

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Absolutely. There's more to life than just poker.

Organize a Home Poker Game