RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I can easily do it, because I consider poker a hobby for me.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me its getting harder and harder to stop for awhile do you have any tips so that I could focus on learning rather than playing continuously hoping something will change 🥲
And also how long you stayed without playing poker?
When I try to get out of poker a little bit, I can't, because poker doesn't come out of me!;):ah4::kh4:

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
For me, poker is a hobby, sometimes I can sit all day in it, and sometimes I don’t play for a week, so yes, I can, and it doesn’t depend on money

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been stuck in the same rut many a time playing too much and not studying. But your game is not going to advance much from precise alone, you need to take to off the table to look at your game.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If I didn't have a job then I wouldn't be able to live without poker :)

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
totally whitout is hard..lol but its possible of course, a day per week without poker it would be ideal to get..o_O:alien:👻

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Really not ,, I have to admit it's a little addiction :)

vegasivanov

vegasivanov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A decade ago, my hourly ROI from Live Poker was higher that our current business engagements. Today, I part-time poker for fun, freerolling with Cardschat on Sat :giggle:.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lately I am, but out of obligation because I play most of the time on my cell phone, and it is currently being repaired. So I can only play on weekends at home

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't see the need to go a day without playing poker, but if I had to go without playing, I would still play.... I don't have a life, I only have poker

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have a morning ritual: Get up early, take meds, make coffee, play poker for at least 2 hours. Then I do all the other stuff my day requires (I am retired). When I complete all the chores, family obligations, taking the dog out to the park, and all the other stuff like appointments- Then I go back to playing some more online poker. If I am away I don't jones for it!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I try to take breaks in the game. This is useful )

Tomash7788

Tomash7788

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I came back to poker after 5 years or absence. Even if you want to make a living with it I think you need some time off sometimes to fill batteries.

I

ilikeapplepie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can live just fine, and way longer than a day. I only play for fun and mostly on weekends.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I can live without poker, at the moment I spend my holidays in Italy with no access to onlinepoker and to be honest I don't miss it ...:cool:

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At least this is a sign that you motivation to play. How many hours do play everyday in average?
In my opinion every player needs a break sometime, even if it's only one day off poker to do something else you also like.
My longest period without poker was a couple of yeears when I was in college, because I noticed that poker was disturbing my study.

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
yes, for example, I play only on weekends, sometimes on weekdays

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me its getting harder and harder to stop for awhile do you have any tips so that I could focus on learning rather than playing continuously hoping something will change 🥲
And also how long you stayed without playing poker?
At least do you have a propper bankroll management? Or do you play freerolls?
I think that is usual to have that desire to play at first, after that you have to try to have some control. I mean, you can play every day, but being able to stop any day if you need to.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
But what if I want to make a living from poker what should I do then?
That's a tough road to follow. I can offer basic advice, but I play mainly for recreation, even though I am a winning player who eeks out a tiny amount of winnings to supplement my income from my employment. Do you have winning results now? What stakes are you playing? Live or online? Where at? Do you specialize in MTT, cash games, SNGs?

I'm not the best person to ask about studying poker because I do very little of it. There are tons of free resources out there, some of those right here on CC. In depth studying seems to have become very expensive these days. If you are learning by playing, and not currently winning, I would suggest the smallest stakes possible, but it's also harder to learn there as the competition will be less skilled.

Organize a Home Poker Game