Can you live a day without poker?

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, there are times when it is better for your wellbeing to take a few days off to recharge your batteries and come back with more strength.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me its getting harder and harder to stop for awhile do you have any tips so that I could focus on learning rather than playing continuously hoping something will change 🥲
And also how long you stayed without playing poker?
I take breaks regularly, but they are usually very short, 1-2 days. I play on average 4-5 days a week and I rest two days. But in fact, this is a forced rest and it is related to my work. For me, poker is not a habit, not an addiction, it's just a great pastime.
If you feel that you need to study the game, then just force yourself to study at least 20 minutes a day. 20 minutes a day will be more than enough to start with.

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me its getting harder and harder to stop for awhile do you have any tips so that I could focus on learning rather than playing continuously hoping something will change 🥲
If you can't go a day without poker, it's addictive. Try to give up for a while

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I can live one day without poker, but I can't live a day without water and food.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother

Well, from what you say, I guess you're going through a rough patch and you want to progress in the game.

my advice would be

1) If your goal is to be a regular player, keep studying and start regularly imposing your study in practice

2) Focus on a game that is or the one you like, or the one that regularly with the study that you carry out is profitable for you.
If you play Hold'em, or if you play Omaha, etc., do it in a single game, focus on it and make the most of the situation.

3) According to the game that you have decided to play, establish in which modality to do it. Cash, MTT, SnG. This is very important, because the variation of the dividends that you acquire by playing will be faster in one stage than in another. For example, most regular players prefer cash, because the daily income can be a constant flow, which is not the case with MTTs and SnGs, let's say they are halfway between one and the other.

4) Once you have considered these 3 situations, comes the stage of starting to build a bankroll. This is essential in the career of any regular poker player. In the construction of the bankroll you must be very responsible. For example, if you level up because you are fit and a bad streak affects you on the other level, don't worry brother, you have to be humble enough to go down to the previous level.

5) Establish a game schedule and a study schedule. I at least spend an hour a day studying, in some cases if I find something very interesting I give it more time. And I give my time to the game 3 hours a day, more or less.
In this you must also be very responsible. Except that you play MTT, which takes more time and you must dedicate it logically, if you play cash like I do, 3 sessions of 3 hours is fine, because you also have to understand that your brain must rest, and if your brain is tired, the decisions that are generally taken are wrong.

Lastly, don't be scared of a bad streak, be scared if in the bad streak you find that you make too many mistakes for it to happen. A badbeat AA or KK all in is not the death of anyone. If you did things right, you will win many more times than you will lose, I guarantee that.

Learning and reflecting on the mistakes made helps us grow in the game, which is ultimately what will bring dividends to our account in the long run.

Greetings brother, and I hope my reflection has served you for your moment, which is neither more nor less than a moment that every poker player has lived.

A hug........Carlos:):):)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And also how long you stayed without playing poker? p

0567716591c3c1a80cc227756556bd68.png

Whats it mean to you

& Yeah thats blood on my tshirt
Sometimes we forget where we once stood

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Warriors learn nothing in the collosuem
They go there to put all their practice to the final test

You feel like you arent going to the colosseum anymore
That their is no failure to report or anyone to let down

Or it may be no one is setting the bar high enough for you
with real values and consequences

Imagine being the guy shooting 15 3 points in a game for a make wish foundation.\

Now...
Imagine doing it for the surgery to save the kids life

Lets slap the foundation on your back

and get you with the kids for a few months

Big games coming up
The kids are rooting for you
They think your'e superman off the table and to some of them you are.

Now that person has an unsurmountable drive and will.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to have a session of poker every day, but then I got a full time job and now it’s very hard to play each day. I really miss it. Im not the least bit worried about it being an obsession or an addiction. It is very important to me because it’s my favourite hobby and has been for at least 10 years, but I can easily prioritize other things in life when I want or need to and put poker aside.

I guess what helps me stay on track is playing certain games at certain times each day, then I make sure I also plan other things to do with a to do list. I kind of treat poker like a reward I get to do after I get other life things complete.

Last edited:
DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Warriors learn nothing in the collosuem
They go there to put all their practice to the final test

You feel like you arent going to the colosseum anymore
That their is no failure to report or anyone to let down

Or it may be no one is setting the bar high enough for you
with real values and consequences

Imagine being the guy shooting 15 3 points in a game for a make wish foundation.\

Now...
Imagine doing it for the surgery to save the kids life

Lets slap the foundation on your back

and get you with the kids for a few months

Big games coming up
The kids are rooting for you
They think your'e superman off the table and to some of them you are.

Now that person has an unsurmountable drive and will.
Man I don’t understand what you are willing to say sorry for that 😅
Make a wish foundation??😐
Coaching for what my friend to improve my game if you can help me I am pleased to seek for help 🤗
Please be clear and concise mate😓

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
0567716591c3c1a80cc227756556bd68.png

Whats it mean to you

& Yeah thats blood on my tshirt

Sometimes we forget where we once stood
Blood on your shirt what do you want to convey here my friend I am little confused😓😥
And did I forgot anything??😭

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Easy, on the contrary, it will even be useful to take such breaks, a break from poker will not hurt

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If poker were my main job, I would definitely need to dedicate a lot of time to it (almost every day), and then there would be results. Personally, during the summer period, I play very rarely as I spend more time with family and friends outdoors, go to the mountains - in short, I enjoy the summer. But in winter, I will play CardsChat freerolls more often, so you can forget about the 1st place :) just kidding.

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I just did a week away on holiday. It was a good break to clear out the cobwebs but I definitely missed it!

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me is no problem. One or two weeks i can not play!

Sir Shove a Lot

Sir Shove a Lot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I've barely played poker for a week because my internet connection is currently so flaky. Can't play live because there is nothing close to where I live. Every now and then it's up for a bit but not long enough to settle down and play. Missing it but I have no choice.

Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Para mim, está ficando cada vez mais difícil parar por um tempo, você tem alguma dica para que eu possa me concentrar em aprender, em vez de jogar continuamente, esperando que algo mude 🥲
E também quanto tempo você ficou sem jogar poker?
everything in excess is harmful. Poker for those of us who are not professionals has to be a hobby, fun, turning poker into a daily addiction can bring problems instead of satisfaction. Be careful, play sparingly.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I hadn't played poker for a month or so. It was a break with the aim of learning how to play better, I read books and watched poker training videos and it helped a lot because after that break I started winning consistently. And now I take a break once a week, or sometimes more if I go somewhere to relax with friends. I think it's very important to take at least one day off from poker during the week, because when you play all the time, you're constantly stressed, even if you win, and you need a break from it all.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely, I have not played poker since last Thursday, just cant be bothered, more important things in life to be doing.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have been playing poker for years, so the answer is yes i can stay away from poker when needed. life happens!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing in Poker everyday, because my Life, as and Poker is unpredictable too! Living Poker!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you play poker every day, he will get bored, you need to take breaks.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, of course I can live without poker and sometimes I don't play poker for a week and sometimes you need a break from poker because you can be mentally tired and a pleasant vacation will give you strength and you will be better at playing poker after a break, sometimes even 1 day off gives you new motivation to play poker

Organize a Home Poker Game