Are You Afraid Of Chip Leader?

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You never have to be afraid of the chip leader, I just understand the call was fine, but if I have noticed and I hold the theory that an all in pokerstars favors the chip leader in a large percentage, it is a very particular opinion.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should never be afraid of any player. You should know the game well enough to know what cards you should play and what cards to fold. At that point you must decide how much you are willing to risk on the cards you do play. The chip leader as you know can risk more so he has a better chance of catching so anything you bet is at risk but that is the nature of the game. If you feel you have a solid hand play it.:D:D

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my experience I am always put on the table with the chip leader and I always bust out no matter how far ahead I am when I tango with the chip leader
it is impossible to take chips off of him
the latest one was aq suited versus qj off
hes ahead 3-1

I check the queen on the flop to induce he bets I go all in, the turn is the j to knock me out....

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing hot 600 gtd 55c buy in and late registration was almost finishing when suddenly I was removed from one table to another in which was the chip leader.The chip leader was eliminating lots of players and even a pocket aces had no power against his cards.When suddenly came for me pocket jacks:I raised 4x bb and he re raised to 12x bb putting an interrogation point in my head.I didn't know what to do ,I was thinking hard to try to know what he could have,maybe AA or KK QQ but I was sure he hadn't a pair yet so I decided to go all in and the chip leader responded with instant call with a surprising 77.But for my sadness one 7 hit the flop and I was eliminated.So I decided not to fight against chip leaders anymore.

on the contrary, I like to find myself against a leader chip opponent, because having a strong hand pre flop there is a good chance that he will follow me and I double my chips by cons what is bad against a leader chips is when he is aggressive and he raises often and do not let me see the flop otherwise my advice is that you have to be brave in poker otherwise you will not win
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Good luck
[/FONT]

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing against the chip leader is awesome if he is to your right. I get in as many hands as possible against the chip leader in that situation. To the left is a different story.

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing hot 600 gtd 55c buy in and late registration was almost finishing when suddenly I was removed from one table to another in which was the chip leader.The chip leader was eliminating lots of players and even a pocket aces had no power against his cards.When suddenly came for me pocket jacks:I raised 4x bb and he re raised to 12x bb putting an interrogation point in my head.I didn't know what to do ,I was thinking hard to try to know what he could have,maybe AA or KK QQ but I was sure he hadn't a pair yet so I decided to go all in and the chip leader responded with instant call with a surprising 77.But for my sadness one 7 hit the flop and I was eliminated.So I decided not to fight against chip leaders anymore.

no fear of the chip leader..theyre due for some cooler hands. just pick your spots and take it when u can avoid all ins preflop unless its very end game

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah that's what I mean in my post above... You can easily beat chip leader with good poket pair for Example & double your stack... but be carefull coz maybe It's - "His Big Day" !=)
That's why i almost always affraid of playing with cheapleader. However i always looking forward for chance to double up.

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, it is inconvenient to play against the chip leader, especially if you have an average stack, and many other players have a short stack. I do not attach much importance until a tourney get to ITM.. I can play more cautiously only in a situation where pay-jump plays a role.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on his/her aggressiveness.

Justin Nichols

Justin Nichols

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip Jeader Early rarely Finishes There

I've been chip leader several times in 6-9 sit and goes, to 1600 multi-table tournaments. What usually happens is I get a super lucky streak and jump way up top. However later in the tourney, I start doubling up people left and right. Doesn't matter what cards I have lucks gone. ANd that being said I don't think you should be scared of the chip leader ever because he's sitting in your chair. I do think you should be cautious of him especially when he's to your left, playing position becomes a big factor and so does starting hands. I would also say chip leaders with huge leads early are probably playing hands and calling things that are not recommended, or just getting lucky. Or they could just be that good, trust your gut know your numbers and be patient, play smart poker. You should be seeing I.T.M more and more. Scared money doesn't make money. Last six Tourneys I've played I have won 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 3 I don't wanna talk about it's, I was chip leader in the one I got 2nd whole time. The others I was around tenth the majority of the time. Point is chip Leader didn't end there.

M

martycaridi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not afraid of an aggressive chip leader. Especially if I’m short stacked. In fact, I think I play better when I am short stack at the table.

W

WarBabyBunz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes, a chip leader is more likely to bluff you. If you are careful, you wont commit to a mediocre hand.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
This is a good example of donk players
77 shouldnt be allin call but.... happens
But you played right going allin....definitely
On poker bad beats happens and thats what happened
Maybe next time
Rgds

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, a chip leader is more likely to bluff you. If you are careful, you wont commit to a mediocre hand.

hi There
Do you consider JJ a mediocre hand?
I wonder what would be good hans to you Only AA?
Rgda

W

WarBabyBunz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi There
Do you consider JJ a mediocre hand?
I wonder what would be good hans to you Only AA?
Rgda

For myself, I wont always commit to AA. Someone with a pair of 2's can pull trips on you. Unless I know I have something better on the flop or whatever, No I wouldnt commit with pocket a's or j's. Sometimes maybe, but a chip leader can try and put you all in before the flop, with crap cards and hit a winning hand right?

But if they have enough money, they could bet you all in. Then you lose to his 3,8 spades, he's flopped a flush on you. So just because I have AA doesn't mean that I will always commit, am I making sense here?
:stupido3:

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

it is true that the chip leader is dangerous but at the same time it is an opportunity to double your chips and the fact that you lost with him should not put you the idea of ​​not following a leader chips because you can miss your chances of advancing in several shots just you have to wait and also you must trap him by making him think that you are afraid of him and when you receive a hand like AA KK at this moment you catch him and the leader chips will be afraid of you and think that you represent an opponent who makes him lose the advantage of the chips he holds

W

WarBabyBunz

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I guess, it is what chance you are willing to take.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in all in situation not only chip leader but bigger stack has advantage because software favors the bigger stack

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t play afraid of the chip leader but I don’t really try to play against them unless I have a good hand simply cause a lot of chip leaders will just bet high to get you to fold so try not to get myself into that situation by playing smart

M

maxboy44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate it when he sits directly behind me. I pass on hands I would normally bet.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need not be afraid of anyone, but be afraid not to make a stupid mistake, because your stupid mistake will cost you departure from the tournament

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yeah cause he can easily reraise and shove ,I have to got monsters or hit something to play against him.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The swings in poker are real,so he was in a swing up,but there os no reason to say u will never figth the chip leader