Chips
only at the final table if i'm seriously short stacked

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am the worst chip leader poker has ever Seen and it ain't even close.

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't call it "afraid" but you do need to be aware that he/she is possibly going to be opening with a wider range to put pressure on you. After confirming that, your all-in with JJ was fine. He/she just got lucky.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No I am not afraid of another player who has a good course, till that moment. I try for the best!

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fear lose chips not fear chips leader. :)

When i ITM, there is nothing to fear.

E

elpolloloco95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am afraid of being the chipleader myself haha ... I am really Bad when I have most Chips....

G

gwooof

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No love the cheap lead can really take control of the game specially when your down to the money you can be a real bully and push every one away then we you get a hand they call you thinking your bluffing

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"To be afraid of wolves - do not go to the forest."
I am rather wary of the chip leaders, but not afraid.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never! Unless very close to the money. But never the time to bluff!

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed. I've been in both the receiving and the dishing out end of the chip leader's luck. Sometimes its just insane, it seems they can go all in every hand and win, regardless of what hand they're holding.

I do play a lot more cautiously when I see a chip leader demolishing players, and usually wait for premium pocket pairs to make a move, otherwise I don't even bother.

H

hidayat1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no way, being the chip leader is the best, it gives you confidence and the cards come with it, you dare to play with every card and even the winning series comes alongside it.

R

RUNRRUNRTO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m not afraid of the chip leader, I’m afraid of myself. ;)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Am I ever afraid of the chip leader, No I do see them and are aware of them and will be smart with my play but afraid? I can say that is not what happens to me.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am never afraid of the leader chip, because the game calculated, very careful and profit from any opportunity to get as many chips as possible .

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try to stay away from the chip leader. Does this mean I'm afraid of the chip leader? I don't know that I'm afraid but I am definitely more aware of them and play much tighter and more cautiously against them.

Henriquekbnz

Henriquekbnz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You dont need feel afraid , you made the correct way, the leader that was a runner and , he had Lucky , but If you repeat It several times you Will Win, so this is poker , to make the right decision and in the long time you Will be sucessfull

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not afraid of the chip leader because with a few hands you can beat it and you can become a leader chip

S

SawViper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, just a general rule I have I try not to get involved or play expensive big pots with chip leaders unless I have a sick hand and based on how hes played so far I'm pretty sure I have him beat.

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

I definitely don't like it because I use my chip advantage with aggressive calls on my own and this is usually the case

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Afraid ? Never.
You need to adjust your game to the situation. It is a chance to double your chips or more sometimes. But if you do the wrong move the Tournament is over for you.
Some chip leaders gets very agressive, sometimes less agressive and some plays like normal. Depends.
Also is key how many big blinds do you have, the position you are related to the chip leader.
Cheers,
M.D.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is advisable not to play against a player in the middle of the race that touches all his hands. I'm not too scared of stingy leaders, but when he assures me and I decide to pay. It is knowing that in the best cases. I'm going to have to play a flip. Many other factors come into play, including the number of players that must be eliminated to get to the places to pay or the level of play and reputation your opponent enjoys.