Are You Afraid Of Chip Leader?

Yoda82

Yoda82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On average, I'm not terribly scared of chip leaders. I see them as my next big meal if I can get a good hand into their stack. You can't let CLs just bully you around. Sometimes you have to narrow your range, but then just keep playing your game. I love getting double ups from them. It's the short stacks that scare the hell out of me, because they have such a large shove range, and putting them on a hand is much more difficult.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Subject reminds me of Red Riding Hood phrase. Who is afraid of the Big Bad Wolf. He'll call and call until he blows your stack down! If you don't want someone calling an under pair then grow a pair. Poker might not be the game for you. Always is gingerbread, porridge or some other nursery rhyme to amuse you.

M

martycaridi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On average, I'm not terribly scared of chip leaders. I see them as my next big meal if I can get a good hand into their stack. You can't let CLs just bully you around. Sometimes you have to narrow your range, but then just keep playing your game. I love getting double ups from them. It's the short stacks that scare the hell out of me, because they have such a large shove range, and putting them on a hand is much more difficult.
This. Also, you can’t just isolate it to that one hand that you have. Has the CL at the table been a bully? Has he been showing his hands? What are his tendencies? Have you been paying attention to his betting patterns? These are all questions that you need to keep track of because at some point, you’re probably going to be put to the test.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no. I just think about to playing my best poker and put pressure on lower stacks. Generally chip leader means nothing at all. You can be a cl in one moment and few hands later be out of tourney because of bad play or variance.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not really, usually chip leaders are the types of players who keep taking other players out while im patient and moving up the pay ladder.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would not be scared about him, but very selective about my hands, I guess.
Especially, when I see someone is playing a lot of hands an eleminating many others.
I usually tighten up and let others jump out on him. Then I try not to mess with the luckbox. I can wait to have him at FT for example.
About your mentioned hand, it is very vulnerable in my opinion. And really big stack will call you with any hand, so you should be careful, definitely.

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of times.. yeah, even when i'm super low, and the leader keep pushing me, chips, and when I get good cards, I make low profit... but when I know the player is a bad one, its just like an ATM chip machine im my table XD

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You won't be able to put up full resistance because the chip leader has a math advantage due to the large stack. However, you can change your playstyle to get chips from big stacks.
Of course, the chip leader puts constant pressure on the table, but of course he doesn't want to lose money and advantage.
We say no to fear!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nope, if you have a strong enough hand, you could double up

Xambo

Xambo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preferably only with a strong hand. bluff is difficult to implement against chip leaders

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have learnt to be afraid of the chip leader. Becuase I keep finding I'm doing OK and running 2nd or 3rd on a 9 player table then I get involved in a big hand and get knocked out by the only bigger stack than me. So now I look out for big stack.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem playing against someone with a huge chip lead is they have the chips to make loose calls. It is just a small percentage of their stack and they really aren't that big of a dog with anything close to a hand.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play against the opponent with the most chips

Playing against the opponent with the largest number of chips is a risk but it all depends on the hands, as long as the one with the most chips will try to intimidate you, but everything depends on the hand you have and a percentage of the luck of each one ... seen cases where the one with the largest number of chips does not qualify among the classification prizes

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fear is a very subjective word when you have already mapped the player you are facing, if he likes to bet his hands a lot, if he likes to go in all hands, I also look when the player is lighter to take your decisions like sharkscoop if you’re a player who just hit a high prize, what level the tournament is at, now if you’re a more cautious player who doesn’t like to see so many hands and when he goes in the hand he goes to win those kinds of players always like to notice some signs of them for my decision making.
:icon_sant:eek:

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live no, online... depends on the room.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Win that hand and the next one and you're the chipleader, no need to be afraid of that!

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Never afraid chip leader, specially when I am the one, lol.

meagain00

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The chip leader is the only one at the table who can double you up and plays loose most of the time. So the chip leader is mainly my jam target for those two reasons.

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not afraid of the top

Never be afraid of being a chip leader. If your at the top. play well as you probably have been since you chip leader. Good luck on the table and as always have fun

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nope I look for opportunities to double up!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to fight when you almost hit the prizes. In other cases, you need to fight.

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Incredibly the ChipLedader wins 60-70% of the ALLIN, it would seem that the system favors it to be the annihilator and finish the tournament soon, hahahaha is my crazy idea ok, it is not official
Only AK and AA against the chip leader?:jd4:

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not afraid of the chip leader, but I am happy when playing with him because he pays with prosperity and can double the balance with him, but I wait for strong cards against him to ensure victory against him, so to speak.