Would you like to become a pro poker player?

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course i want, i think allmost all who try to play poker want to be a pro

Minsk Pavel

Minsk Pavel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just want to be a successful player. I want my earnings to exceed my expences. (preferably many times over)))))

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes and yes i would be good at just have to cash in tournys make a profitt and learn to walk away when u are up i dont have the pockets to do high stakes tourny but i am going to work at it

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, every newbie would like to become a poker pro. But this requires a lot of work, as well as a very good bankroll. which allows you to play on large limits. And also it is necessary to have any passive income, the so-called financial cushion, just in case
right. because there are people who, for the sake of poker, quit their jobs and crashed.
nonsense.[emoji12]

J

Joe702

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Semi pro would be the best situation for myself...

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting question. If i manage to get enough money from poker for the time i normally devote to work (for example 9 to 18 monday to friday) then why not but i am not sure if that is achievable. Pro players take most of their money from big tournaments and in poker you need to constantly improve to still be able to earn good money so i think that for pro players poker takes much more of their life than a normal job. Moreover there is variance so it is also a stressful job. At the end i think that to be pro you should have mindset of winner and pursue the goal by all possible means. That is why not many players become real pros. For me at least for now i think that poker will remain hobby.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
However, you can make money by playing
of course, the truth of the income will not be permanent

AcooltartA

AcooltartA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely!!! I would most likely be a part-time pro vs full-time because I have a family and they are my #1 priority. I would play full-time, however, if I had a couple big enough scores that I would be able to have the family travel with me.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is my dream, someday poker will give me satisfactory profit

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is my dream, someday poker will give me satisfactory profit
and I hope to do it every day and play. I save bankroll. someday I will play well one of the prestigious tournaments.
this is still my dream

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you kidding? That's all I ever wanted to be when I grew up. It's a good thing for me I'm only 48 and haven't grown up yet.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you kidding? That's all I ever wanted to be when I grew up. It's a good thing for me I'm only 48 and haven't grown up yet.
the main thing is patience and desire and everything will turn out. you're still young) you will still have a lot of success

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as we play freerolls and buyn's micro, we will be far from becoming professional poker players. Of course I want to become a great poker player and make a living with what I love most, I love poker. I know that to become a great poker player and make a living at it is risky, because we have to pay for bigger buyn, to logically win bigger prizes. Starting from scratch, and winning freerolls to raise a bench and pay higher buyn is not easy. Plus I have a dream and desire to accomplish it by earning freeroll's and being able to afford more expensive games. This is my great desire, my dream.

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well yes of course I want to be a poker pro, so far I am doing good at the online poker and won't stop striving till I become a pro! Good Luck to everyone at the tables!

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Naturally, I would love to become a pro. The chance to set my own hours work from home the majority of the time and plan holidays around my travel trips sounds very appealing. The idea of being able to support my family and pay my bills without the need to work in the conventional sense of the word would be a dream come true. Unfortunately I would say I'm barely above average player and just eek out a small profit. Maybe one day I'll strike it lucky for a big payday or do a "Moneymaker" and never look back...maybe...one day...

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A new thought arises and I will share. I have my own business, it's something small, it supports me and gives me to buy my things and pay my bills, and I drink and eat well every day. Now I imagine and ask you to imagine me winning, my noble, if I won the first place of this CardsChat $5000 Celebration freeroll, I would buy a present for my daughter, I would take the family to dinner, I would take my wife to the movies, I'll do my best to win this tournament, I will not be afraid to go allin in final position with QQ, KK, AA, and if I fall, lose, I'll thank you God for the opportunity to have played, thank CardsChat. More friends I wish to win, I want to win, I wish to win a lot. To improve my life by playing poker and showing my friends and relatives that I am not just a dreamer but a dreammaker. I have faith that I'm going to have a big tournament, I'm going to face big players, and when it comes time to steal a blind with mediocre cards I will not be afraid, because that's part of poker. Some people may think I'm talking nonsense, but that's my thinking at the moment, I want to evolve.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am aiming to turn pro next year and i am currently in the process of getting backers/stakers and also advertising myself as a player who generates good results - people think that if you cant grind at a micro level then you will struggle at advanced level, i disagree - if you have good math, know your pot odds, effective stack betting, table position skills and know your positive shoving ranges, you always have a chance - some of the best players today do not religiously play by the textbook, your table image is everything.
I am going to be playing a wider range of games up until Xmas 2018 and look to turn pro sometime around March 2019.
I am confident i will get there..

AR AR AR AR

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course the dream is there, im not sure how it would affect my family and work. but would be amaing i think

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's better to have a major.To have a profession.In order to live in prosperity.And poker let it remain a hobby.Game is unpredictable

Last edited:
Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people for many years go to poker for great victories.
not all at once is given.
the main tenacity and desire.
someone has poker as part of life, who simply has a hobby

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as we play freerolls and buyn's micro, we will be far from becoming professional poker players. Of course I want to become a great poker player and make a living with what I love most, I love poker. I know that to become a great poker player and make a living at it is risky, because we have to pay for bigger buyn, to logically win bigger prizes. Starting from scratch, and winning freerolls to raise a bench and pay higher buyn is not easy. Plus I have a dream and desire to accomplish it by earning freeroll's and being able to afford more expensive games. This is my great desire, my dream.

This, my dear, keep this fight.
I took time to study, to put my head in place and even to pursue the famous dream, to become a professional player.
I think of a target for 2020 to be a professional player.

I wish everyone would not give up on this walk, even if the obstacles make it harder every day. Nothing will beat you as much as ****ing life, so raise your head and continue forward. One day this pain will bring you unimaginable fruit.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This, my dear, keep this fight.
I took time to study, to put my head in place and even to pursue the famous dream, to become a professional player.
I think of a target for 2020 to be a professional player.

I wish everyone would not give up on this walk, even if the obstacles make it harder every day. Nothing will beat you as much as ****ing life, so raise your head and continue forward. One day this pain will bring you unimaginable fruit.
I also think that everything does not come at once.
it takes quite some time to become a pretty good player.
therefore I do not hurry. study and play and so on every day. [emoji110] [emoji110] [emoji110]

G

gerrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like it, but it takes a lot of character and a lot of behavior to play professionally, you have to take it as a real job.

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would you like guys to become a pro poker player? Of course by doing that means to play poker for a living:p:D. If your answer is yes do you think you would be a successful one or not?;):)

I hochyu become a successful professional poker player, of course I will do my best to learn and strive for it.