Would you like to become a pro poker player?

Pocketks21

Pocketks21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a long road, but if I do accomplish tho keep my head straight, I'd love to become a pro. Poker has always been one of my favorite pastimes and would love to feel the thrills and chills while playing for top prizes all over. It's a world wide game, it's amazing the culture that come with it. May all your cards be live, and may all of your ppys be monsters!

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like be poker pro hard way to easy money ;) nice job

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think every player would like to become professional, but this requires a lot of effort, time and endurance.

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, of course I'd like to earn for a living via poker. But that's hardly possible for me because it's sooooo risky.

Let's start with legislation - online poker has been legalized recently in my country (Belarus) but effectively only poker rooms operating locally are allowed; access to global poker rooms haven't been restricted but the future is unclear.

Another major point - becoming profitable player. And that requires so much learning and playing that with full-time job there is too little time for that. Considering that my job is well payed I wouldn't want to neglect in favor of poker.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That'll be the day lol...but i have a long way to go before then.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes...I would love to play poker for a living...I think a lot of poker players feel that way...I have much respect for people who can make a living playing poker...I'm sure there is a lot of stress doing so...but I'm sure the love of the game outweighs the stress levels...

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not want to become a professional poker player. Here you need to clearly understand what you want to achieve: to play well, earn a lot, travel a lot, etc. Poker is primarily hard work, which requires a lot of time and effort.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assum with 'pro' you mean a poker player that makes (more than) enough money to live on AND be poker player, a (full time) job.

Part 1 (get a lot of money) I don't mind:D
Part 2 is not attractive, I would not like to play poker as job.

Last edited:
NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not want to become a professional poker player. Here you need to clearly understand what you want to achieve: to play well, earn a lot, travel a lot, etc. Poker is primarily hard work, which requires a lot of time and effort.

Yeah, nah. I would like to earn shat-tons of money playing Poker, but I wouldn't want to become a pro. It is too much work for too little reward.

UNLESS I was psychic and could guarantee that I'd end up winning big on demand. I would have to be sneaky about it and lose some huge coolers quite regularly so people would think I'm losing regularly like everybody else. But then clutch huge once in a while and massacre the least popular people at the table, earning hero status. Every time I would lose, it would be to the most popular players, making out like I'm the underdog, gaining hero underdog status. In time I would develop the ultimate underdog, non-mainstream, empathetic, badass Poker God cult following, on par with gods like Kevin Bacon, Marlon Brando, Patrick Swayze and Big Daddy. I would create secret businesses under wraps, and slowly but rapidly take over the world. No government could resist me. I would appear as innocent as Chris Pratt, but in fact be as dangerous as John Wick. Mentally untouchable, publicly adored, privately the new god of this world.

End scene.

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dream of being a pro poker but i find it hard to making money at it i my problem i belive is i dont have alot of money at this time so its hard to make any real money. I belive i could be successful but i belive only at live poker internet poker seems to always work against me.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pro poker player.

Most good players think they could make it as a pro but when your income relies solely on the profitability of sessions and your livelihood is consistently on the line every time you sit down at a table...emotional and mental strength easily become more volatile. I can win as a rec player...but as a pro I'd be a losing one.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would not be as fun as you, may think.... Living on the road, having to play, to earn a living? I can see why we need to keep our day jobs.
For me, playing well, learning to play better, an having fun is the best to expect.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Yes of course. I would like to be a professional player.
Although I play poker for only 5 months, I try to improve my skills every day. I hope that over time I will be able to play well enough to start increasing my deposit.

B

B707398

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing poker for 15 years now some ofsome of these sites doesn't matter how good of a poker player you are sometimes it's shity luck out there

B

B707398

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just the traveling alone would be amazing

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, i don't want to become a professional poker player. I prefer to be big winner once and to make my dreams come true and the to play just for fun.

F

fatshady21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course i would like to become a pro poker player but i know that is only a dream and i play only for fun

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No , just a profitable hobby sounds good and balanced for me :)

That's where I have been for a while. It is more fun that way. They say you should always have another hobby outside of gambling anyway.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe dreaming everyone dreams.

It creates an illusion with poker and so we have to have the head in place to make the best decisions, regardless of the limit you play.

Enjoying the trip for a total, will be enjoyable.
In this journey, we will meet new people, new cultures and opportunities.
I dream and believe it to be possible but for this to have dedication and persistence every day

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, that's sounds good. On the one hand, it's very romantic- to spend a lot of time, travelling, playing Poker and hanging out with professional players improving your skills. But on the other hand, I am not sure that I am able to have such way of living. It's too exhausting to my mind. So as for me, I'd like to spend couple of weeks as a real pro, but I prefer to spend most of time with my family and enjoy playing poker online

R

Rufun2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES I WOULD LOVE TO BECOME PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME?

Misely31

Misely31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I usually play poker for fun, I really like the game. If I would like to continue learning, reading poker books, watching videos to learn the techniques and so many tricks to win with the bluffs, watch the videos of professional players. Without a doubt, Being a poker professional, you can live from the game.

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course, every newbie would like to become a poker pro. But this requires a lot of work, as well as a very good bankroll. which allows you to play on large limits. And also it is necessary to have any passive income, the so-called financial cushion, just in case