Why Are Some Players So Eager to Go All-In?

A

Anton1609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think only beginners or freeroll players do this. I play aggressively myself, I always try to bluff at the right moments, but sometimes these players make you angry, you have a good hand, you 3-bet, and you are some kind of noob all-in:mad:

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe they don't like poker, or don't know how to play or just lose with AA to someone who had 72 and now try some kind of "revenge"

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing all in every hand is for suckers, yes at first no one calls you , but then we realize who you are and pick you apart little by little.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find that "all --in" seems to be a popular thing to do in freerolls.

I think that it's a matter of intimidation on their part, but it happens mostly in the first few hands.

Seems to me that it's crazy to risk your whole stack, just for the chance to win 30, or so chips.

I've learned over the years, that "buy-in" tournaments attract a whole different breed of players. The all-ins at the beginning of a tournament, especially in high money tournaments is much less frequent.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they want to prove that they are the toughest guys around

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sorry I haven't read through this thread except the OP.

Some people are what we call adrenaline junkies. They don't really care about winning as much as the excitement they get from going all in. I just switch tables because I don't get my jollies from that.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are employing a strategy. However, just like any other strategy, it can be broken. Good part of breaking this one is that the payoff is huge!

D

Donkmaster_Flex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because that’s the strategy of the gods. Duh lol
I’d say It’s effective 50% of the time, every time :p

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see a lot of this play in freerolls especially in the early rounds. These players are just trying to increase their chipstack in the shortest amount of time so it can give them chip advantage in the tournament as the rounds increase.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

I roll my eyes every time I see it (early), and cheer when they bust.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think in the freerolls, players do this to double up quickly or move on. In the lower limits, you'll find some higher limit players doing this to blow off some steam. If you don't know how to play poker, it's probably the best strategy to just go all in every hand.
Not sure I agree. If you don't know how to play Poker it's best to fold and watch what's going on with the hands, until you get to grips with what you're doing!!
Chaotic, manic play just pees everyone off...

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. Today is one of those days when the variance made me lose more than once against these characters, the typical case of AA or KK losing against 7-2o or similar. So, regardless of the fact that everyone can play as they wish, I wonder what is the motivation for these types of movements? I can't understand it, it's as if instead of playing poker they play in a slot machine. Maybe someone can enlighten me about this phenomenon.
These types of movements are usually seen quite frequently in freeroll or sit & go tournaments at the beginning, I think players go all-in because if they win and get an advantage in chips it is worth continuing to play, otherwise it is wasting time with less chance and few chips and many players to defeat at a disadvantage and a lot of variance.:boring:

EverySunday

EverySunday

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe thay allin only on freerolls

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something else I've noticed (this could even be its own thread, really) is that shoving preflop in the early or even mid stages of a tournament has apparently become so commonplace that people who would call a shove in a particular spot are more likely to fold to a preflop raise that is merely large. Weirds me out, I tell ya.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems like when u get closer to the bubble and many are waiting for the Monster Hand to arrive shoving all in will scoop up some antes and Blinds

:fight:

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Seems like when u get closer to the bubble and many are waiting for the Monster Hand to arrive shoving all in will scoop up some antes and Blinds

:fight:
You are right, seems like shoves at the bubble are more frequent lately. Beginning of the game shoves are a pain too! :playingba

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are some players so eager to go all-in in each hand?

They are just eager to cheat.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In all this time what I could notice is that you go with everything because you want to win and climb a position and it is more to accumulate to take the big jackpots

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yeap the bingo players who play luck box are very annoying)But usually it happens in freerolls and micro limits.With higher buy-ins people are playing a different game.Just lost with AA vs 66 in 10 cent sit and go for 360 entries.

C

CaymanRSS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As mentioned previously, mostly in freerolls. Seems to me they want to build a stack early. Usually marginal hand and some other idiot calls with same. I tend to sit back and wait a few rounds 'til these idiots calm down

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips

In many cases it also depends on the speed of the game, being turbo or hyper turbo players tend to go all in

Last edited:
oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips

Because they don't know how to play poker, they don't follow any game strategy!

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although the luck factor helps them, the fact of playing that way they only do it in tournaments in which the loss per entry is not much, I assure you that in a tournament whose entry is $ 55 or more they would never dare to throw themselves there. the way they do in freerolls or not so expensive tournaments. Greetings.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
many players choose to do this at the beginning of the tournament with the following in mind:
I have a reasonable hand. If I win quickly increase my stack and play comfortable afterwards.
If I lose I will not spend my time in that tournament.
This is common in freerolls with huge fields like 888Poker.
Playing tight in this type of tournament can be disappointing. Spend a lot of time and end up with $ .10. So go all in and do whatever God wants. lol

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really know if they don't know how to play, but sometimes those who do this are very bad players or have to leave the game for another reason.