Why Are Some Players So Eager to Go All-In?

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are the people who are just beginning to understand poker...

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could also think that it is out of frustration from another game. I recognize that myself, I want to play very aggressive out of frustration. But of course that is often without success.

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
In my experience 'all in' happen in frist few hands.The reason for this is the participation of 2000 to 3000 competitors.Watch the real match for yourself when it drops to 200.be pation

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Apparently you are talking about freerolls/micro limits where players don't respect the game at all.

If there is not a specific situation where the all in , no matter the BBs is the correct move:
-bubble phases
-ICM

then open jamming when they are deep stacked is an out of line move.

J

Jutt315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

I think its because a lot of people don't have the patients to wait until they get a good starting hand. I know you cant wait forever and cant bluff everyman but you need to have a little patients

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jeah.. No experience, to much money or they just do not care in a freeroll.

Some player may think they need to double up early against other rndm all in to win a tournament.

It is annoying but will be a part of the game forever. ��

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jeah.. No experience, to much money or they just do not care in a freeroll.

Some player may think they need to double up early against other rndm all in to win a tournament.

It is annoying but will be a part of the game forever. 🙂

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

It is a set of situations. The most obvious is the amount of experience playing poker, adding to the topic, there is a general anxiety on the rise in the culture of the globalized world.

Health and patience :ah4::ac4:

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's frustrating to play against those players, but you just need to fold and be patient... see the flop if it's not already in the pre flop, and if you're not on top, fold... if the game isn't fun they will either loose to someone else or leave the game. That's my experience.

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe they just idiots? )))
Just suppose)))
Hi. Today is one of those days when the variance made me lose more than once against these characters, the typical case of AA or KK losing against 7-2o or similar. So, regardless of the fact that everyone can play as they wish, I wonder what is the motivation for these types of movements? I can't understand it, it's as if instead of playing poker they play in a slot machine. Maybe someone can enlighten me about this phenomenon.

Watcheman

Watcheman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seriously - what game was it?
where did you play?
of course, if it was just a freeroll I have no words...
Hi. Today is one of those days when the variance made me lose more than once against these characters, the typical case of AA or KK losing against 7-2o or similar. So, regardless of the fact that everyone can play as they wish, I wonder what is the motivation for these types of movements? I can't understand it, it's as if instead of playing poker they play in a slot machine. Maybe someone can enlighten me about this phenomenon.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, some of them are maybe angry and just shove every time
Or they have a lot of cash

G

goozfrahbah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a combination of lack of skill, alcohol, and maybe just gambler mindset hoping to get lucky.. I call them Bingo players lol

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It happens a lot in free-rolls because you lose nothing and even in low stakes the loss is minimal. So you will get the idiots playing bingo on any 2 cards,
I like to play the game and if I have a good hand I will call any shove early on because they are usually idiots doing this.
Good players will only shove if they are holding the nuts or they are short stacked and need a double up. I have experienced some idiots shoving all-in with 7/2 off and hitting trip sevens so it is always a coin toss pre-flop.
Just get it in with the best hand and if you are beaten then it is down to the Poker Gods and that is the nature of the game.

dartwind

dartwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly it's a good strategy for players with limited skill to shove with upper range cards against skilled poker players. Skilled players want to minimize the luck factor while unskilled players try to increase luck so they have a chance.

But I know you are talking about players who shove with anything. Forgive them they don't know any better way to win/play. When you get four, or more, players (maybe even two players) who shove all in you need to fold your hand, any hand...even AA. In this case the key strategy is to isolate and then take out these players with better hands. Try to only play against smaller stacked shoves and be patient.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I knew a guy who played this way. Go big or go home was his motto. Once I double up i am on my way to win the tournament. When I asked him how this went he actually complained he cashed less than 10% of the time. Gee, I wonder why.

While doubling up early is nice, I does not mean a cash. Winning a big hand early does not change much but losing the hand means your out.

Afsearcy

Afsearcy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting ignorance

I think a lot of players are pushing their stacks all in during tournaments because they don’t know much about calculated betting. Obviously, there are the chaotic players who are just gonna push all in hoping to catch something but I believe a lot of players don’t know how to make an educated bet. It’s all in or nothing for many players rather than make calculated bets based on poker strategy. They probably don’t see the value of different bet sizes and player positions. It’s much easier to push and hope it works out in your favor. Also, a lot of players don’t want to keep grinding a tournament unless they have a big stack and are consistently catching cards. I love the fussy player push after losing a big hand. I don’t notice much betting variety from those types of players. Fold, call, min raise, or all in are the only moves they’ll pull

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are some players so eager to go all-in each hand?

Hello. Good question. I have sat at tables and watched these all-in folks. Like others have said, it is the lack of skill and knowledge of the game.
Good luck!
Dan'O

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those players who do not think at all and do not understand in poker always go to allin with any hand, hoping to catch something. But what is most offensive to them is the winning hand with garbage. But after a few hands they are eliminated from the tournament themselves.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an excellent thread. I always thought these people were just trolling but some of the other explanations here have given me something to think about.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SMall buyins, I guess some people dont care how many times they buy in a MTT. but its only during the rebuy time. I had all these crazy notes on players and then the rebuy tiem eneded and they were playing poker right LOL!! Im one of these fools playing poker with no gamble in me. I hate rebuying into any MTT but I think thats one of the reasons.

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that many ds is due to the amount of chips he has, also from bluffing, and not knowing how to play

B

baykoshkar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes it is a frequent occurrence on pokerstars. but you have to play it right and come what may

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that this is done by players in games with a small buy-in, as well as in freerolls to increase their stack as soon as possible, which is a mistake

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SMall buyins, I guess some people dont care how many times they buy in a MTT. but its only during the rebuy time. I had all these crazy notes on players and then the rebuy tiem eneded and they were playing poker right LOL!! Im one of these fools playing poker with no gamble in me. I hate rebuying into any MTT but I think thats one of the reasons.

That's a particularly good point. And gives me yet another reason to utterly disdain late registration, as if I needed another one lol.