Why Are Some Players So Eager to Go All-In?

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's because they want to be sucked out. Just do it!

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some players are just bullies and some players hope to win with luck.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that such players cannot control their own emotions, so they play with any hands. This is an unpleasant and common occurrence, so only your patience and discipline will allow you to become a successful player in the future.

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was reading your answers and thinking about it. I have concluded that, although there are particular exceptions and motivations, in most cases the reason for this "strategy" is the same: that it is easier. It is easier to put all the chips in the center and let the opponents make the decisions than having to see a flop and act on it. It is easier to leave it "at random" than to personal ability. Who has not felt exhausted after a long tournament and has preferred to win a small pot preflop than having to face a multitude of difficult decisions? Obviously it is not a "strategy" that in the long run is profitable. But I think those people who play that way are not expecting profitability in the long run, if not immediately. Sooner or later, if you want to keep playing, you have to learn that poker requires patience, effort and perseverance.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like me , I’m siting down at my computer desk and suddenly something important comes up and I have to leave so I start going all in, all in knowing I won’t be back to sit in

F

Frankie Potts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is because they think that this is the best way to build their own stack

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All In Maniacs

We've all had them at the table, the all in maniacs. I wouldn't call them poker players,
because they don't know the first thing about the game. My take on their play is that they don't give a rat's ass whether they win or lose. Their thinking is that there will be another game that they can join shortly

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maniacs paying with anything at the beginning of the tournament,
and came maniacs on the bubble, pay with anything!
:damnmate:

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they are so called "gamblers". They dont care, they have large bankroll (i think) and count for luck. That kind of behavior destroys poker, seriously i hate them.
Sooner or later they all loose. Dont care :)

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It says the argentin, in the course of you being sarcastic. All your players-including the Brazilians play as a fish and win on luck, apparently PS is beneficial to those large countries like Argentina and Brazil smeared it all concrete, and often made deposits.:puke:No mercy it's my imo

True story ! :( Every time im playing against brazzilian im loosing. I dont know its a bad luck or something else, but most of them are gamblers and lucky winners. No offence Brazzilians, i like You :D

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Generally if there are more than 4 players from the same county at the same table, it's a good idea to tighten up and observe for a while to see what they are up to. Just a hint.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to have that kind of players at the table, they give away the chips easily, sometimes perderas with AA and KK, but long term, you will win more times.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am always baffled by this all in every hand strategy as well. Eventually they bust themselves out, even if they get lucky a few times they do not have the discipline to switch gears and tighten up. Other times I will see a player open shove in level 1, everyone folds and they show AA. Ok now you won 1.5 BB are you happy with that. Personally, I believe this is chasing away potential winnings. Maybe they do not play well post flop. Clearly, this method of play is not going to lead to success.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
strategically it could be an all in situation that calls for an all in. otherwise especially in micro stakes mtts/sngs, some players want to get the early coin-toss double up because there isn't much at stake. it's part of the game. the lower the stakes, the more coin toss all in shoves you run into.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
эти люди не против потерять деньги, игра им не интересна

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
these people do not mind losing money, the game is not interesting for them

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It really is complicated to play against such players, usually players who play like this are new and do not give much importance to the game or it is someone who is tilted and wants to leave the game right away.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
This happens most often in freeroll games where they have nothing to lose and rely on luck to double their bankroll. I do not consider these people poker players!

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are called DONKS lol...

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO very few people know what they're doing when they get in that mood.
Poker is about timing.
I do it myself but only when the timing is right.
Timing is about understanding the variables before making a move.
Players, hole cards, shadow of the sun, etc.
I've learned that any sustained action plan is a plan for failure.
Like Bruce Lee said in that legendary interview, "Be water".

Practically speaking, learn to recognize aggressive players and if you're not feeling aggressive at that moment, fold those Aces. I've done it many times and breathed relief at the showdown (if I get to see it).

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always liked these players. Thanks to these players, I often increase my bankroll. Therefore, for me, these are the desirable opponents at the table.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally, fish or players are in full tilt. in both cases it's a good reason to play against these players. they may be lucky but not long term.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because they are looking to win the lottery. Every hand.

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could be fold equity/aggression, could also be you're playing against donkeys/fish.