What is your feeling when you are losing 50/50

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually got used to it, part of the game. The problem is if it happens in series, and it lasts all day. In this case, i'm seriously thinking about not doing this any more.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
variance is such a bitch. on top of that add my bad bluffs or donk calls and it can be BRUTAL. when in a downswing, like i am right now, i really try and focus on the basics and not get too caught up.

T

Taijae88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a long memory

Whenever I lose a 50/50 especially against a hand that should have been folded, I store that memory in my brain for a later date. Revenge is best served cold haha. :D

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if yuo lose

It is not clear why you are upset. After all, you voluntarily take part in the 50/50 situation. Much worse, with 70% chance of winning, flawlessly playing a hand to force an opponent to declare an all-in and burn him on the river.

D

Dontnonothin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I am mad at myself that I put my stake in on a 50/50.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to avoid those as much as possible but it s okay to loose those but only if you loose half of them and you win half which is not possible on Stars when you loose 3 on a row in a tournament that's what makes me hate poker

Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the feeling when you win?

I’ve seriously had days when I felt I couldn’t lose. Guilt almost overwhelms me. I’ve pounded poor victims mercilessly with crap cards. Because the switch is “On” for me in that particular tourney. 50/50? Who needs that?

Days I’m on the other side? I try to sidestep the land mines as much as possible. Avoid the flips when I can. And take my lumps until luck changes.

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm speaking about online. where I play, you HAVE to know they are rigging the action based on what their data tells them you play.

Glad to see i'm not the only "paranoid" one. But yes, i also think the game is "rigged" or whatever you wanna call it. Not sure it's about the data analysis, but it surely has to do with your opponent at the time of the play. Usually picking fights with bigger stacks than yours, results in "early retirement", because... well... you need to invest in another game and keep the rake money coming in. Nonetheless, it's frustrating as hell. Drove me insane one day, when i was outed 50/50 in all the tournaments i played. Kinda beats the odds... but what can you do.

E

Enthusiast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play a lot then such cases will be frequent, I've already got used to such situations and I'm not upset when you lose, because it's poker, you will not always win.

LavaStorm

LavaStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time when i lose 50/50 i am getting very upset and tilted, especially if it knocked me out of the tournament. What do you feel when its happen with you?
I feel that there is no luck in poker . There is only skill and the best player wins. so when i lose any pot , small or big, im searching for what i did wrong and i lost.

K

kems

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lose felling

I cant explain butt i need 2-3 hours to back in normal,,,
Cheers,,:joyman::joyman::joyman:

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are no victories without defeats. It's hard, but you have to learn from mistakes.

S

suener

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
coin flip is coin flip, i try to avoid such calls, but winning flips is necessary to win a tournament for sure...

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another flip lost.But sometimes I want hit computer.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to get upset over trifles, this is a poker game of skill.
Gather and play on

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody likes to lose, I usually when it happens, take time, relax, who knows can solve your problem too. good luck at the tables

M

mrverceddy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im feeling 50% worse than i feel when im winning :(

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When the sequence of defeats is great, that shakes me a bit. In these cases I play some freerolls to compensate. It takes a lot of emotional control not to discourage poker.

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should never get upset about it. This is part of the game. I do not take into account when I lose a coin flip, I try to pay attention to the situation when I am lucky and enjoy it.

edwinslagwater1

edwinslagwater1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when im lose50/50 then im upset to .i think its normal that you upset when you lose an hand and beat out of the tournament.buth im not tilted when im lose 50/50.

H

Haftus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be objective

In most situations I know that it will be a coin flip, e.g. when I push 10bb or sth like this pre flop. If I loose, i know that over a long period of time it will be even and i will win too. It motivates me, when I loose a flip that is irrelevant, because i know, that i will win in an important situation. So try to see the positive, but I can understand you.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I lose 50/50 all-in, then I first of all think about whether I played correctly or not and not about the fact that I was “unlucky”

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think I depends, it you are trying to trap and the guy gets there all you can do is say hey its variance
however if you are already behind you may want to look at your decision making at those points and whether it needs to be adjusted

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By That Time I'm already searching for the next Freeroll Password lol

To be honest around between 6pm and 8pm WET every day usually I have Freerolls over lapping and while I'm taking a Bad Beat on One Table I'm on an upswing on another...

Then when all else fails i hit up 888Poker for the 5+ 10+ 20+ Tournaments and Bigfish freerolls.

It seems GGPoker has no Freerolls from what I've seen and Global Poker has One per day I think... But partypoker has only one for UK every Thursday but for $1000 it makes sense to keep updated on it... which Over Laps our CardsChat $100 25+ Quality Posts hmmmm lets hope we dont get thousands of non members again...