What is your feeling when you are losing 50/50

L

leon4iggg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time when i lose 50/50 i am getting very upset and tilted, especially if it knocked me out of the tournament. What do you feel when its happen with you?

N

Newstyle_1704

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are 2 sides to this problem.
On the one hand, you will be upset and offended by the defeat.
But on the other hand, thea has a higher chance of winning in the next duel.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just think : Nice one donkey, let's see what happen next

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

It depends on which 50/50 and how the 50/50 came about. First of all this 50/50 shouldn't of came up and second of all I am do to win that 50/50. If both add up I get angry and say there is a cheat in the house. If 50/50 goes 50/50 after that it doesn't matter if there is a cheat because thats what computers should do. Make it 50/50 for all. A good place for that bet is intertops poker. They get all the people in and don't care how good you are. ACR is for the real poker player and some bets look 50/50 but really are not 50/50 figuring in probability.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It depends on how I played. If I played it right, shake my head and move on. Can't get mad at the other guy.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
50/50 is not bad. everything is much worse when 0/100 is not in my favor =)

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I lose 1-5 flips in a row, I accept it calmly. After 10 years of playing, I understand perfectly the variances. But when I lose 10 flips in a row, I change the pokerroom :confused: for a while.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are you getting upset in 50/50 spots? Are you actually putting yourself in coin-flip situations or are you looking at 50/50 as any 1v1 situation? There is a big difference. AK vs QQ is a 50/50 situation. AK vs J9s is not a 50/50 situation.

Other than being the favorite, 50/50 is one of the better spots to get your money in, depending for effective stack sizes. If you're flipping for 10-30, even 40 BBs, that's fine. If you're flipping for 300 BBs, that's a little different.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I am trying to avoid a ratio of 50/50. I prefer to try to play in more perspective situations. For a successful game, the ratio of 50/50 is not enough.
Good luck.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to 50/50 situations, ask yourself this. Is a coinflip worth this much money? Literally, take a coin and ask yourself, would I bet someone this much money that I could guess right? I used to be all in on coinflips, but then I thought about it that way and have since found myself folding a lot more when the amount I would risk is not worth betting on a literal coinflip.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on which tournament I play and what amount of money I risk at such a moment. If the prize places are not far away, I will not risk it. It is better to wait for prize places.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every time when i lose 50/50 i am getting very upset and tilted, especially if it knocked me out of the tournament. What do you feel when its happen with you?

I mean.... you shouldn't... coin flips are a part of poker. You shouldn't get mad if you lose to any percentage that you were 50/50 or any other percentage in your favor, even a 1 outer on the bubble... you got your money in good, in that aspect you already won. If you don't quit poker you will come out ahead in those spots. There is NO reason to be upset or tilted..

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I lose 50/50, I get very upset too, but the main thing is not to lose a bankroll.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I lose in a cheap tournament or freeroll, I’m not very nervous in such situations, and if I lose in a good expensive tournament, I’m very nervous and angry at the poker room!

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50 50

when i loose 50 50 its ok with me.....
what makes me fell sad is when i loose when i am 90 against 10 per cent :mad::mad::mad:

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, 50/50 is just that, a coin flip. It's frustrating when it happens in a very important moment of a tournament but the trick is to always look for situations where you are at more than 50%, which means positive EV. That way you are guaranteed to win in the long run and the short run doesn't matter. That's the definition of a great poker player: identifying and entering positive EV situations.

ROman77

ROman77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Previously, when I lost part of the stack could freely fall into the tilt, usually to no good it did not lead ..I try to always keep my best game for the best result

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ya I know the feeling sucks the life right from ya

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
To be honest 35-40% is also good for me in those coinflips situations! Winnning / Losing is part of the game :)

M

Max Grondman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can be very upset when I make stupid move and I am kicked out of the tournament beacuse of that. But when the other player has a better hand I coudn't play differently. I'm ok wit it.

fadisn

fadisn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know if you have tried that online, but rarely I almost always win 50/50 online :) Just the opposite of my usual all-ins which usually looses !!
So, I feel happy on 50/50 as I am almost the winner :)

R

RaydonPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like when I played more reckless, a 50/50 was always a insta-call for me. But I pick my spots now and so the losses hurt more. Sometimes just gotta shrug it off and know I played correctly.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are suppose to avoid extreme volatility minimal reward no edge gambles. Also known as "coin flips". Avoid all in pre flops unless you are a fish and that is the only way you can win. Go post flop always. Post flop you can get 14 to 1's, 7 to 1's, 49 to 1's...also known as great gambles especially with sets.

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in your question you wrote the answer, it is 50 to 50....I understand if it was 72 against AK, but it is 50 to 50...sorry but for me its stupid qwestion...just my opinion

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The upset is to lose on the river to 5% :D more as poker it will happen sometimes good luck.