What is your feeling when you are losing 50/50

F

Foldy the Frog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's much worse to loose when you are ahead 82/8 and your opponet hits trips on the river... ;)

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sucks the life right out of me and find it hard to get it of my mind for the next couple hands

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Whenever you lose 50/50, very upset and tilt, especially if you took me out of the tournament. What do you feel when it happens to you?
Hahha good question nobody likes to lose and everyone accepts it differently. In the beginning I did not take it well but with time already do not care. It's part of the game and that it will lose or entire evening will beat you with weak cards. It is part of the game and you have to accept it as normal:):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi!I largely agree with the above answers,and I repeat that the game does its job.it either makes you a winner,or break into pieces you break into pieces,will Tiltware)the Council less the same experiences,go ahead,lose definitely should win!good luck!!!

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not a problem to lose 50/50. The problem is when you play 6max KOs for example, blinds are growing rapidly so there is a lot of preflop all ins. It had happened to me a few times, I would lose probably about 6-7 flips in a row. That, my friends, is the feeling of utter frustration.

Flatran

Flatran

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time i lose to a flip thats why it doesnt really affect me anymore, i know its just luck. What does really annoy me its when im wining and we end chopping the pot. Thats something really frustrating.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're not alone in this. Everyone gets upset after that. I don't play for days.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Believe me, if you loose 50/50 this is ok. Right now i feel very dissapointment in online poker, because lots of the times i just loose with best hands. Lots of the time i was loosing something like 70/30 and 80/20. Belive me, this is really can hurt you a lot, especially if this happenes again and again.
After that it,s really hard to find your game again and you really need to make a break or something like that.

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look, that's the gateway lie. If you have a pair, it's not 50/50
AK is a favorite vs QJ. TT is a favorite vs QJ, but where I play (WPT) pairs usually get ripped off.
For a game so dependent on stats, I've always been confused why people throw away the advantage that pairs have. Now I understand it's because the entrepreneurs drive traffic to the site, where they track what we play and rob us accordingly, imo.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
50/50 with feeling...

If it is truly 50/50, and you win, you won the coin-toss, simple as that. If you "feel" it's 50/50, or even 45/55, you can be upset with yourself, if you want to be. We all try to play without emotion, to play efficiently, peak.
Try not to over-analyze; you will end up criticizing yourself, when a lot of it is simple luck, position, etc. Hang in there, there are more losers than winners in every tourney.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just open another table and dance forward and we'll stick the next one.

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just open another table and dance forward and we'll stick the next one.
You must not play at W P cheat. I've never won with a pair, but I'm doomed when my AK faces off against 33! Where are u playin where u think it's a fair deal?

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually curse when I lose a 50/50 horse race. Lol. It seems to happen far too often. But in the end it turns out to be 50% of the time over the long haul. It's a tough way to play poker. That is why it's suggested to avoid the coin flips

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from this no one is safe. a poor player who does not make mistakes. getting hurt, but we will survive it.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is impossible to always win. we must learn to lose.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having a strong hand is very good pre-flop, after that you have to know how to let go of it when you see the FLOP, and avoid waiting for your hand to still hit the table, better to lose some chips than anything else.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of chance with skill and luck as a major component. That being said things will not always go according to a specific calculation no matter what. The result is ever changing and we must be able to handle those results that we do not like. Otherwise it will ultimately adversely affect our future gameplay. Making the correct decision doesn’t guarantee anything. All we can do is make a good decision and if so I’m ok with how I played it whether it be 50/50 or anything. Obviously we are expecting to lose 50 of those 50 and they can come in any order.