What is your favorite poker variant?

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Razz, I grew up playing it but we called it lowball, no worries about anything but the lowest hand, any 5 cards can win.
flushes and straights don't count and ace is low, unlike 2 7 lowball.
I love them all really but in league play, you have too many people who have no idea and just play like it's hold 'em.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I did play poker before the poker boom and while it was OK and fun, my game of choice and love of the games is no limit Texas holdem. The 1st time I same it on TV just made me understand the game and the logics behind it. I just love this dang variation of poker.

2nd place would be Omaha Hi Lo. I like the strategy of this game as well as you need to be way more concerned about what you beat and what can actually beat you. The only problem and why I don't play it is........... It feels more like a gambling game to me. I did OK in what games I have played over the years, but it just seems more of a gamble vs the strategy of NLH and I am not a gambler by nature. I am sure if it were move available, I would see the beaty in the game but just haven't seen it or probably have had the chance to see all this game can be.

Ok for my 3rd it would probably be a game I never played before and its @Tammy fault I would like to try it someday. Badugi is a game I never played or even knew the rule too but after her quick explanation should like I would like it. Someday I will.

What I hate the most is Limit holdem. Boring is the word I would use. LOL

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I primarily play Texas Hold'em, but I'm interested in other variants only when more people are interested in playing. I'm open to trying any variant for fun or when others want to play a specific game. However, honestly, I just want to play Texas Hold'em. Delving deeply into studying other variants can be challenging, and I don't see enough time to study more. So, those will be in the category of playing just for fun and with no money involved.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Texas Hold'em no limit. I think it is my favorite just because it is the most popular.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play Texas Hold'em and Omaha, I've never been interested in another variant and I prefer Texas Hold'em.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play only No Limit Hold'en, except when there are another variants in events. I like then too, some are very fun, but I prefer to stay in just one variant, because there are so many things that I have to learn and improve in NLHE that I don't really try the others.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like Texas Hold'em because it is an interesting game whose derivatives help us in everyday life.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like Hold'em, there are a lot of players who are weaker than me, it's easier to calculate the pot limit because a lot of people prefer it more.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite is Omaha, because it has more mystery until the last card, i.e. the river.

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I paly holdem Texas, I tried Omaha sometimes but for me holdem its better

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Texas holdem é o melhor na minha opinião, embora eu também goste de Omaha. O hodem exige mais da mente que os demais e isso o deixa indecifrável!

In English

Texas holdem is the best in my opinion, although I also like Omaha. Man demands more from the mind than others and this leaves him indecipherable!

Last edited by a moderator:
Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Which is your favorite poker variant, and why? If your favorite is not Texas Hold'em, why do you think your chosen variant is better?

View attachment 347679
My favorite poker variant is NLhold'em, but lately, I've played PL Omaha a lot, and I really liked it, poker is a very dynamic game that brings many possibilities of fun to its fans.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite type of poker is Texas Hold'em, because it has the most diverse tournaments, the rules are the most accessible and the most interesting of all types.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my favorite is texas holdem but i'm learning omaha hi-lo

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Although I have explored other variants, such as the exciting Omaha Hi-Lo, I always find my way back to Hold'em. Familiarity with the community cards and tactical play with my two private cards gives me a feeling of confidence and security in every hand.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if I most of the time play Holdem, my favorite poker variant is 5-Card Draw.
That is the first poker game I learned.
It was when I was a 12 years old little girl, we used to play family poker.
My parents, ma sister and myself had great 5-Card Draw games, using matches instead of chips or money.
Maybe it's because of some childhood nostalgia, but this variant is today still my favorite.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My go to game is Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo.

I prefer playing tournaments over cash games and tend to get ITM more often playing Omaha H/L.

In Omaha H/L, I focus on the low and try to scoop and this style of play tends to suit my playing style.

The object of Poker is to make money, and I tend to make more money with Omaha H/L so that makes it my favorite game.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always loved playing Razz but not many sites offer that variant anymore unfortunately.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While I don't play it much nowadays, if there was to be only one variant available it should be seven card stud. In my opinion it is the most challenging because of it's complexity due to: more cards in play, five betting rounds, all of your cards are different than the ones your opponent(s) holds, each player has three unknown cards, to play well you have to also remember the cards that have been folded, and it increases the possibilities for effective bluffing. All in all it makes for a more interesting and exciting game

PS - Another reason is that I'm a very sentimental and have been playing this, known to my father as "Seven Toed Pete", for over fifty eight years. :)

Last edited:
AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play Hodem, I was taught it since childhood, I once tried Omaha, but I didn’t like it.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Which is your favorite poker variant, and why? If your favorite is not Texas Hold'em, why do you think your chosen variant is better?

View attachment 347679
Hello Tammy
I actually play Hold em because it is the most played game in the world, and I ultimately want to perfect myself in this variant.
Although the variant that I like to play the most is Omaha.
Greetings:):):)

ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hold'em is my 'favorite" mainly because it allows me the chance to participate in the US and Friends tourneys, which are my only access to the wonderful world of CC freerolls.

However in general I really prefer Omaha H/L as I get more enjoyment from it. Besides the excitement factor, I find that it helps improve my skill at reading what other's are holding. My dream would be for CC to add an H/L tourney to the current rotation in the US/F League (once a month maybe?)!

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I've always liked Texas Hold'em! I tried to play others, but didn't like it. No Limit Texas Hold'em is my favorite game!

A

ageloss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GR
Chips
Texa holdem!!!!! It is unbelievable how many thoughts you can think plan and suppose with only two cards on hand! And then the pre flop betting can makes you change every thought! And then the flop can make you the king or dissapoint you ! And then turn comes to repair or your possition or send u the message to leave the hand! And then!!!!!!! The magic river that can destroy everything or resurrect you!!
And during all those steps you try to read your oppnents and guess what the carry!

For all these reasons and alternate feelings i think it is the most clever and the best card game aver made!