waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I love Texas hold em. I’ve tried the others but always come back to this one. It’s accessible and my friends also play it so I can always get a game.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In general, I play holdem, but the best version seems to me to be Omaha. In Omaha the real variants appear, it can happen that there are several at once, you can move on waiting OPPONENT for a good hand.... when you are sure of yourself there are many possibilities and obstacles in the game.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both NLH and 5-card Omaha, maybe it's 49% NLH and 51% Omaha :)
I like omaha because there's always action, specially when I play cash games tables. You always need to be 100% focus because you can double up or lose everything very fast.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I love all poker variants, with the fact that Texas Holdem is in last place on my "list"... :)

First place would be, hmmm, Omaha hi-lo, then classic Omaha, 2-7 Triple Draw, Badugi, 7-Card Stud hi-lo... :love:

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NLHE is the all-time favorite. Its a classic & everyone plays 'em. A game is available anytime I crave to play. I also like other variants & courchevel H/L poker has caught my fancy lately but no one practically register on these tourneys. :(

Last edited:
Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I quite like PLO. Obs we have 4, 5, or 6 cards depending on the variant.

I would prefer to be double suited with two high and two low cards. For instance Ah 2h. and K, 3 clubs. With this there are a lot of cards that can help me get a hand.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hold em is probably my favorite. I understand the starting hands better. Easy to play when you are short stacked. And it seems to be the most available. I do like other variants, with Omaha Hi/Lo coming in a close second. Nice way to win a pot even if it is split. The other one I am starting to like is Razz because I am great at getting zilch in my hand.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is probably no more difficult form of poker than Texas Hold'em.However, on At first glance, the game seems deceptively simple.Some people compare poker to blackjack.The most popular version of Texas Hold'em is no-limit. In Omaha the situation is different. There is practically no play in the unlimited version.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Texas Hold'em is my go-to game, but is it my favorite?

I use the word 'favorite' reluctantly in this case. Is something favorite just because one's chances of succeeding in that one type of game are better when compared to other types? In a way it is.

But calling it a favorite just because I feel that I lack necessary skills in other types of games, and therefore I steer myself towards Hold'em - hmmm...
This calls for a better word.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Which is your favorite poker variant, and why?
My preference is Texas Hold'em.

I tried playing other variants, such as Omaha, and I never had good results, perhaps it was because I never tried to learn all the strategies and how to play these variants.

Cardschat always offers events with other variants, but I've never been interested precisely because I don't know all the rules and strategies, so I prefer to stick with Texas Hold'em.

Thank you Cesar.🙂

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
My favourite poker varient is PLO

PLO is a varient in which you get variety of options, you have got a lot of combinations with your 4, 5 or 6 hole cards depending on the varient, and that brings a lot of action from the players.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I enjoy NLHE because I have better grasp of the game. I must say that the more I play and learn PLO the more I like it. Things can go sideways real fast and you really need a commitment early in the hand. It's very unpredictable which makes it very exciting!

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
For me, the best poker option is Texas Hold'em. I can't say that it is better than other games, I just mastered this game a little and I'm too lazy to study other games.

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My favorite variant is holdem but there are other variables that I really like, such as Omaha for its action, the explosiveness of the hands and the good pots that can be built in the pot.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I only play No Limit Hold'em, because there's the most games and players, and I find it easier to learn.
I like badugi also, just because I find it funny 😁

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love Texas Hold'em but I also have Omaha pot limit as another favorite because the mathematical probability is more challenging!:unsure::)

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
NL Texas Hold'em is still my favorite. I have enjoyed playing in the variants league and really like Omaha Hi/Lo, but I still have so much to learn. I am comfortable playing hold'em and like the no limit aspect. I know the best starting hands and position and bet sizing; however, I feel like I have been experiencing a lot of bad beats lately. I think it is most likely down to me playing too many hands and being impatient. I have kind of lost my love of poker lately and hope that I can get it back in 2024. Wishing the CC family a "Happy Thanksgiving"!

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love Texas Hold'em, but I really like playing Razz and Badugi. Whenever there's a good 8-game tournament I play too

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My favourite variant of poker

Has to be PLO8 / Omaha Hi/Low

Sadly it's not a game you can find on alot of poker sites with just a small amount of games in the cash and tournament format avalible.

Also there isn't a huge amount of players that play this format.

Look foward to hearing everyone's favourites

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to play Texas Hold at regular speed in 8 to 12 minutes to change the blind, and variations like knockout, basically what I'm currently playing is spin & go and tournaments.

I prefer Texas Hold because you can build your moves, the game tends to go towards skill, the faster a tournament is, the more you depend on the luck factor as you are pressured by the blinds.

Last edited:
aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really love omaha because i get to play more hands

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have also been liking split pot games like omaha hilo, Baduci, Badaci and even Drawmaha.

I know I'm in the correct place when players chat about how frustrated they are to split the pot!

Better because there are tips & tricks to win these types of games.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think we can have a favourite variant that isn't necessarily better than the "best" variant. I think NLHE is the best variant because there is a lot more of a skill edge that is possible and so it's easier to find games that you can win and make some money. I enjoy PLO the most, especially Hi-Lo, because it is more exciting to play and much more fun to consider the additional possibilities for draws. However, the effects of variance are much greater in PLO and so it's more of a party or pass-tike game for me.