najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
We all love and play Texas Hold'em more than anything else and we will continue to do so since it's easily available everywhere due to its huge popularity.
But my favorite poker variant is Omaha, any kind of Omaha. The number of the hole cards (4, 5 or even 6) makes it a lot more challenging, thus way more interesting than the usual Hold'em routine.

A

Anna Brito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I prefer Texas Hold em. Because I think it's easier I identify myself better, I've played the others, but I won a tournament at Texas Hold Em.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My favorite poker variant is no limit Texas Hold'em. Because I've been playing for many years and have some knowledge, it ends up becoming my favorite.

I read the rules of all the other variants and played them at least once, but as I didn't delve much deeper, I ended up not being that interested in any of them.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
My favorite poker variant used to be the one that I could earn the most money with.

First, it was limit hold'em, and later NLH online. When people learned to play all hold'em variants at least decently it was time to move on to PLO.

Now almost all poker online is hard at levels that can make you a decent income so I had to go back to play mostly for fun.

And like almost everything in life it's no fun to do the same thing all the time which means that I find Mixed Games the most entertaining and challenging. The more variants the better. If I have to pick only one it is for the moment PLO8. Some players really go for just a split which can be very profitable especially multiway.

I really thought that mixed games would be the future but most other people seem content to play just NLH.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My variant of poker is hold em. I used to play Omaha, but now I can't stand this version anymore.

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Mine is NL Holdem. The reason is that in nl holdem everything is possible, from being a big stack you can loose it all in just a couple of hands, but also you can win a lot from being short stack. It happened to me when I was left with 2BB or less and managed to finish deep. So this is the reason that I like a lot this format, you are never out if you have 1 chip left. ;)

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I quite like PLO. Obs we have 4, 5, or 6 cards depending on the variant.

I would prefer to be double suited with two high and two low cards. For instance Ah 2h. and K, 3 clubs. With this there are a lot of cards that can help me get a hand.
I’d like to try some more of PLO but I can imagine switching between games can be a bit confusing at times!

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Omaha Hi/Low but it's still a difficult game :) But I really like it! I also like CAP on pokerstars in omaha or holdem.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Omaha Hi/Lo.

It is a personal choice without the option being a better variant.
In my opinion it trains more flop and postflop play.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Texas Hold'em is a classic poker game, the most popular type among players, and there are always numerous selections of games on the schedule of poker rooms. But I also love Omaha hi-low, I like that in this type of poker the possible combinations in the game increase, there is always a chance to win with cards that were initially losing

Sebbour

Sebbour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Which is your favorite poker variant, and why? If your favorite is not Texas Hold'em, why do you think your chosen variant is better?

View attachment 347679
My favorite poker variant is Badugi.

To be honest I don't know why exactly but it is. In this variant I can patienly wait for cards to come to me, or to have good position (unlike Texas Hold'em). With some other variants I don't have such patience.

I didn't know that few months ago and then I played Badugi tournament which organized CC and I really liked it. So, thank you CC for expanding my horizons. :)

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Except Texas NL Holdem, I like to play OmahaH/L .

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I love Texas Hold'em.I tried to play other games but I'm not good at it

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Since the first time I played Texas hold'em, it has been like that, and I still think it is the best variant. Sometimes I go back to the 5card draw game, which I still like and where I started.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I only play Texas Hold'em, the rest don't even want to play too boring and don't want to play this mode is the best I hope it will always be so that I keep playing poker because I love this mode so much and I hope there are a lot of such players

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NLH is my favorite. I've played them all, some for longer, others for less. I don't think I've ever played another one long enough to perhaps change my taste. Who knows one day.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
My favorite variation is Texas Hold'em, it is the most popular variation which welcomes a large number of players.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
In general, I play Texas Hold'em, But my favorite poker variant is PLO because it is more fun, with less of an edge and certainly more entertaining than hold ‘em.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, for me is Texas Holden because is the game is more popular I didn’t try another variant.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Unlimited Hold'em is a great poker option and, of course, I like it and remain a favorite, because absolutely any poker player plays it.

If we talk about other options, then I also love royal Hold'em for its unpredictability and the need to think differently, because those combinations that can bring you victory in unlimited Hold'em absolutely do not guarantee victory in royal Hold'em.

I really like Omaha H/L and Stud H/L. It is H /L, since you can play a very wide range of hands and a lot of options to collect this or that combination.

2 years ago I didn't know about the existence of these types of poker at all, but thanks to CardsChat I managed to fall in love with these options and even win a tournament in each of these types of poker. Although, if we are talking about a large tournament with a large prize pool, I would prefer to play the good old hold'em, which is familiar to me.

Miyagi not miyaji

Miyagi not miyaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Besides holdem, I like HORSE a lot. I get bored quite easily playing the same game for hours so it's good to change the game in the middle of the tourney

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I really like to play holdem NL the other option is omaha

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am a Boomer so I grew up playing dealers choice with family and friends, we actually still do at occasional family get-togethers. But when I found Texas Holdem 20-plus years ago I was converted and have pretty much stuck to it since. I have tried mixed games over the years but most of them I found do not suit my style or temperament.