What are your biggest difficulties in Poker?

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part of poker for me is to play aggressively

Agree - Me too. Hate playing against an aggressive player, can see how it works, but I just can't do it myself.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say my biggest difficulty is recognizing bluffs on the river.

I get it wrong everytime.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Staying aggressive later in the tournament is a key improvement I need to make.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's discipline ! Not to blow away my Bankroll after a bad beat is very hard.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is such a difficulty to spend a lot of time in the game and from this you can make a lot of mistakes, or it is not worth rushing who knows.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tilting the biggest problem)

S

Senator30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pulling the trigger when I’m sure I’m right

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
scoring big tourney win, and moving up the stakes immediately (or rebuying like crazy), losing the big win within a week. Or playing much looser after a win. Working on that by being more conscious and treating every day as a new day regardless of yesterday's outcome.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being too self-critical: EV

expected value(EV), you do the probabilities, etc, what is most likely? Then, you decide to change your self-image, play the "not you." The "not me" ended up in the usual position: loser's lounge.
I shove my suited ace preflop, don't catch. Probabilities were kinda sorta in my favor, but more than anything, it was a chance I wanted to take.
Most situations I wait it out for the best EV. But every once in a while, you take a chance, just to even out the odds. Best part, shoving and losing early is more of a rush than grinding for hours just to run out of gas and barely finish OTM.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The longer i play in a tourney or tourneys consecutively the more intense i get. I get more in the zone about reading players and watching how they play. This is good but because of this i make good calls and chip up but because my reads are good i start making thinner and thinner calls on bigger and bigger pots until i get one or two wrong and then i tilt when all my chips get taken. But i have corrected this now i make less thin calls and wait for nut hands to make big calls.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also my bankroll management is inconsistent. If i get a big cash i use part of the money to play in a bigger tourney buy in. instead of staying in a predetermined range of buy ins.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the worst impediments to the evolution of multiplayer games is the emotional issue.

Many cannot understand the game or are simply going through something bad outside of Poker and this becomes stressful, allowing their reasoning to drastically decrease, automatically resulting in emotional destabilization leading to loss of money.

But this is just one example.

Now do you know what your impediment is?
You're right! When there are some pressing problems, it is better not to start playing. This has happened to me more than once, it will not lead to anything good. Also, if you are in a bad mood or have nothing to do, you should not open poker tables either. In general, it is worth learning how to abstract from distractions and annoying factors.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, it is getting a good study guide and creating time to study properly, because if we understand the game the way it is, we will surely be successful

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
My biggest problem is br and sometimes bluff in a wrong spot lol ;)

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anger and Tilt
When I playing I assume I playing against a good player. Then turns out makes a move that fish would make and I folded a winning hand.
When I short stacked in a tournament and I know deep stack is making a move on me but I can’t risk going all in for my tournament life.
Just a few things that gets me toward tiltsville

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most players would rather play than learn, which is why I make most of my money in the game rather than learning. If the players do not study, do not want to pay for the lessons, and do not want to spend time reading the game, then the only solution for me is to play poker with them and take their money at the table.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While the most difficult thing is to maintain discipline. But I'm just learning.

S

Stollpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I catch myself making calls with good hands when I know my opponent probably has me beat with a even better hand. I should fold more when my gut tells me too.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest thing for me is to survive the loss, after that I want to win back, but I lose even more.:mad:

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I can't discard good cards, although the opponent's behavior shows that he has a stronger hand!! but this happens when I'm distracted or tired! therefore, you do not need to play poker hungry and sleepy))

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
One of the worst impediments to the evolution of multiplayer games is the emotional issue.

Many cannot understand the game or are simply going through something bad outside of Poker and this becomes stressful, allowing their reasoning to drastically decrease, automatically resulting in emotional destabilization leading to loss of money.

But this is just one example.

Now do you know what your impediment is?

Not winning.

Because I'm not that good at losing.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Diego, please click the 'multi-quote' button on all posts you wish to respond to, then click the 'quote & reply' button once you have selected all (on the last post you wish to quote)...

This will place all quotes in one post and you can reply to them all.

This is much better than post after post after post after post... :wink: :icon_thum

I confess I didn't know how to use this button lol

I have written before about discipline being one of my keys to succeed. That means discipline in the price of the tournaments that I am entering AND discipline in my range of starting hands I will play!! I think that is the key, at least for me, for me being successful in my poker ‘career’. Good luck.

Stay Safe

Z

I agree with you, without patience you will make wrong decisions many times, resulting in your defeat.

my worst enemy in poker is myself, especially lately when I often get angry with the fish who are more and more numerous and who play anyhow, the most unfortunate is that they have often a big stack, and end up winning, make allins with 5ko, I follow them with qq and of course I lose, that's my only worry at the moment I can tell myself don't get upset, play your games, but when I have a monster in my hands I can't stop playing them and often I lose, so my problem in poker right now is that I start to be scared when I have AK, AQ , AJ, in the hands and I'm happy when I have a marginal hand that I fold, actually when I see these fish at my table I'm not well

I understand your revolt with these players, but in my view, your great opponent is not being able to adapt your range against your opponents ...
Think about it and tell me what you think.
Probably the only obstacle I sometimes feel is the lack of free time. Only this prevents me from playing and developing dynamically.

Really, Poker is a leech when it comes to time ... I understand you

I have a problem is with the anxiety of wanting to take the pots very fast without first having made a good analysis of the hand that I am playing, I have made that mistake of making very fast decisions because of my anxiety.

Stretching self-control will slow you down. Search on the subject!

my bankroll management. I sometimes play on too high buy-ins. I have mixed feelings because I had good results on higher limits. but the variance of the game makes it a big flaw

Didn't you take advantage of the variance?

I always play with an average of 100 buy ins, maybe it's an option for you...

Hello. I have a difficult time when I am holding aces and someone else goes all in. I have lost a number of times to some very ridiculous hands.

If you're talking about pre-flop situations, it's just variance.
Stay calm that's part :)

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think the hardest thing for me is reading the game or hands after the flop I think that's where I make most of my mistakes