What are your biggest difficulties in Poker?

G

Goggles Pizano

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest difficulty is being aggressive. It’s totally against my nature. It’s pretty much doomed me to being a break even player.

I’ll raise AK pre-flop get two callers. The flop will come 7, 3 J. I’ll c-bet, get called and then turtle like a cheap dime store.....

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the hardest thing for me is reading the game or hands after the flop I think that's where I make most of my mistakes

Your case is easy to identify the problem and solve.

First is to know exactly how you play ... You are a loose or nit player for example ...
When you get that answer, you'll know how to act at each table.

The second and perhaps the most important step is to know which image you are passing to the table, showing the type of player you are. This will facilitate your final decision making.

And the third is to know how your opponent plays, usually, after seeing approximately 10 hands you can set better standards, taking into account that you are totally unaware of the villain. But always remember, the more hands you have, the more detailed your information will be.

In other words, take the habit of labeling players and making notes, that is the key to a good reading. :)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My biggest impediment is, I play not to loose. I should be playing to win but it is hard for me get my head around that.

Maybe standardizing your range will help you in the beginning ... then over time, learn to modify it dynamically

I would say not folding enough hands because i call with the lower cards and know i shouldn't. I like lower cards when i know every1 has high cards. Good luck.

But this is not always bad, unless your opponent is a nit passive player who starts attacking you, then the hand becomes obvious.

But playing loose I don't see it as a bad thing, knowing how to fold accurately is a good strategy.
my internet

Those who never lost the internet signal when they received AA and did not feel a sting in the chest with their comment do not know what empathy is lol

Unfortunately, it is something that is essential for good results.
To be patient.

Self control is the key!

Staying focused

Self control is the key!

Enough TIME to play when you are working full time and have a family.

Really, if you take poker as a professional or hobby, it takes a lot of time in your day to dedicate and it has some results

My biggest difficulties in poker are anxiety and lack of patience.These two issues hinder me a lot, especially when the tournament is already very advanced.

Self control is the key!

The predictable unpredictability of this game.

Variance is in your hands.
Think about it.
I have already tried playing $ 1 tournaments with $ 100 in the bank but I find the prices unattractive at this level. I've heard this advice many times, it seems like a sure way to manage your bankroll well and grow. I had seen good results, I will maybe get back to it. It seems to be a longer but effective process

Yes, there are people who are even more restricted, use 200 buy ins.
But I think 100 reasonable
I find it difficult to put a string of winning hands together

Don't even think about winning all hands, because you won't.
Remember, poker is a game of people, not cards

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Not folding when I know I really should:mad:

N

nauhziy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think my biggest weakness is the inability to fold a straight or a top pair when there's a high chance of being beat

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Knowing when to not play drunk.

leifen

leifen

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I find it difficult to keep playing at low tables to build bankroll, to often I go to atbles that I cant cover by 20-50bb

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest difficulties in poker is the lack of patience.This issue hinder me a lot, especially when the tournament is already very advanced like around the bubble.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me its bankroll management i always want to play to the most amount of money i have in my account at the time. if i lose just deposit more when i can afford it.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest difficultiy

Dodging all the bots is the hardest thing. You play a dollar game you are unstoppable. Play a 20 dollar game cant geven get a premium hand and when you rip it all in your dominated. So the bots suck.

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time is a issue for me lately. Otherwise BR management, I could use some more work with.

T

Toddler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone...new member...hoping to find advice and input...with my game...
I have been playing NLH...low stakes 1/2 for a little over a year...had never played before...but was doing very well in both...cash and tournaments (have the record in my circle for cashing in most tournaments back to back)...
In my first 16 months...playing 3 days a week...I've cashed around 15k...
However something has changed...my game sucks now...and it's not cold cards or variants...it's me...
I have been losing consistently...past several months...like I lost my fire or something...
Read Mike Caros book on being successful at poker...he says "if you can't figure out what changed...don't try...just start over"...but I still try to figure out...how I went from being a force to be reckoned with...to losing my table respect...
What am I doing wrong now...:confused::confused::confused:

Pleasure to be a member here...thanks in advance...Toddler...xxx

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bankroll is zer0

I'm a free roller so my budget is zero good luck on the tables everyone and as always have fun

T

t_flowrin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
getting slightly tilted when ppl go in with the worst of it and get there on the river:D

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i get annoyed after

busting at the bubble

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part of poker for me is patience. When good cards do not come for a long time, I can make a mistake and go to the bank with weak cards. This is a very bad trait and a challenge for me to deal with.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not folding when I know I really should:mad:

This is a common situation of lack of high confidence, don't you think?

My biggest difficulties in poker is the lack of patience.This issue hinder me a lot, especially when the tournament is already very advanced like around the bubble.

Self-control exercises will help you. Search in depth.

for me its bankroll management i always want to play to the most amount of money i have in my account at the time. if i lose just deposit more when i can afford it.

But is the lack of a healthy Bankroll not directly affecting your results ... since the phrase "I can't lose because it's all my money" is being repeated over and over in your head, even if unconsciously.

What do you think?
Dodging all the bots is the hardest thing. You play a dollar game you are unstoppable. Play a 20 dollar game cant geven get a premium hand and when you rip it all in your dominated. So the bots suck.

Not being able to understand very well ... the bots you refer to are the room algorithm?

Time is a issue for me lately. Otherwise BR management, I could use some more work with.

Indeed, time is one of the crucial factors in poker.

honestly letting fish tilt me

Variance is part of the game ... But look, is it that you are not overestimating your hands?

I think about it.
Hello everyone...new member...hoping to find advice and input...with my game...
I have been playing NLH...low stakes 1/2 for a little over a year...had never played before...but was doing very well in both...cash and tournaments (have the record in my circle for cashing in most tournaments back to back)...
In my first 16 months...playing 3 days a week...I've cashed around 15k...
However something has changed...my game sucks now...and it's not cold cards or variants...it's me...
I have been losing consistently...past several months...like I lost my fire or something...
Read Mike Caros book on being successful at poker...he says "if you can't figure out what changed...don't try...just start over"...but I still try to figure out...how I went from being a force to be reckoned with...to losing my table respect...
What am I doing wrong now...:confused::confused::confused:

Pleasure to be a member here...thanks in advance...Toddler...xxx

I don't really like that phrase ...
I think it is extremely necessary to know where the problem comes from in order to repair the whole situation, otherwise I will continue to insist on an error without really knowing that it is an error.

Maybe your case was an ego situation, you grew up very fast believing it was very easy, being a victim of regular players who started to study and explore you.

But as I said, it's just an assumption, only you can find that answer.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The hardest part of poker for me is patience.When good cards do not come for a long time, I can make a mistake and go to the bank with weak cards.This is a very bad trait and a challenge for me to deal with.

It is a situation of self control, research in depth that your patience will develop positively!

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the biggest difficulty and the bankroll and the time to study my moves!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the biggest difficulty and the bankroll and the time to study my moves!

I also have a lot of time to study movements, and when I do it creates a lot of laziness. lol

So to anticipate this situation, I usually review the action at that moment of elimination or whatever. So I create a sudden memory of my mistake or success and take appropriate steps to improve or eliminate that action.

With that I gain some time.

Now if your volume is too big, it complicates a little.

Regarding Bankroll I usually say that the ideal is 100 buy ins, as you can see in the previous answers.