What are your biggest difficulties in Poker?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One of the worst impediments to the evolution of multiplayer games is the emotional issue.

Many cannot understand the game or are simply going through something bad outside of Poker and this becomes stressful, allowing their reasoning to drastically decrease, automatically resulting in emotional destabilization leading to loss of money.

But this is just one example.

Now do you know what your impediment is?

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest problem for me is tilt! I can't help it)) One has only to run over my top pairs once or twice and I explode like a volcano !!!

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficulties in poker

The biggest difficult for me in poker is waiting for the moment to make a bet. Sometimes you have to wait for good cards for a very long time, that the chips run out and you have to place bets with not very good cards.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Controlling your emotions, if you tilt you risk making extremely bad decisions or punting off funds you shouldn't have. Anger management and tilt need to go when playing poker, stay calm. In this game you win, you lose. If you expect to always win when getting it in with the best of it you're wrong, the best hand doesn't always win. Rinse and repeat.

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have problems in tournaments reaching the bubble everything gets complicated I reach the bubble with my tongue hanging out and I have to pray that someone is eliminated to be able to get paid, I do not know how to defeat that fear that gives me being eliminated in the bubble

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finding it more interesting than other hobbies, so I'm almost always multitasking while playing to avoid boredom.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the hardest part is maintaining a constant good performance in poker. Indeed, emotions are a serious obstacle to making the right decision. Indeed, the source of most problems is emotion!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Certainly do and am working hard on it! :biggrin:

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learning to get through a downswing and being prepared that you might lose money.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have been having problems with hands like AK and AQ. I overvalue them and end up doing crazy things.​

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
To follow strictly a plan , a programm of poker evolution , that is what I am doing now for some days , in a very strict manner , my lack of dicsipline to accomplish this target the last months , makes me breaking and going on tilt when I make mistakes or I playing tight/afraid style , even in the smallest mistakes in buyin games or sats . Also another weakness , a good shove fold strategy preflop , but then again this is a problem of many players , I will do my best to find or learn the best shove fold chart preflop . - Now or never .

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am having trouble managing my bankroll and my push-fold strategy is not quite optimal !!!

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im a coward that folds to 3b waaaay too often ;), among other leaks lol.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not use my Holdem winnings at Omaha cash tables :joyman:

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My biggest problem right now is that i can't handle the minus session well. I'm starting to get angry. I have to accept these drawdowns as part of poker and stop getting angry, especially since i win in general and the graph according to the statistics of the game is always about the same...

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing is your goal, motivation and strict discipline. Age and health also play a big role. It is very difficult to endure a night game session and still be in good concentration.

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience! I have no patience. I have been told by family members all my life I was void of patience, but it took poker to convince me of that flaw . ..

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think my biggest problem still is tilting..it's a lot better nowadays, but sometimes I still get on tilt mode. It's probably 80-90% better than few years ago, but still is my biggest problem.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most difficult in poker is to keep the A game when you go through a massive downswing

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, absolutelly. Tilting is the big concern here... I was worse but still happens from time to time (twice a week. LOL). ;)

D

Djmoney999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilting hard

In cash games I get bored and start forcing hands

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The biggest problem for me is tilt! I can't help it)) One has only to run over my top pairs once or twice and I explode like a volcano !!!

It may seem superficial, but when you get a bad beat or any stressful situation in the game or in life, concentrate your focus on your breathing and consciously shift your attention to the inhale just between the start of your neck and your chest.
When you have this perception, take a deep breath focused on that region of your body for 5 seconds, this will "empty" your mind reducing your stress.

Maybe it will help.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my patience is very little. I think this is my biggest problem in poker.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The biggest difficult for me in poker is waiting for the moment to make a bet. Sometimes you have to wait for good cards for a very long time, that the chips run out and you have to place bets with not very good cards.

I understand your problem.
The human being in general has a major problem with anxiety today.
In fact it is a little tedious to look at a screen without having much to do if you do not have the habit of continuously analyzing your opponents.

The only way to circumvent this situation is to entertain your mind externally (remembering that this will directly affect your results in a negative way) allowing you to perform actions only with the hands predetermined by you.

My main difficulty is managing the bankroll

Many use the rule of working with the 100 ~ 200 Buy in margin.
Do you already use this method?

I have problems in tournaments reaching the bubble everything gets complicated I reach the bubble with my tongue hanging out and I have to pray that someone is eliminated to be able to get paid, I do not know how to defeat that fear that gives me being eliminated in the bubble

It is very vague to be able to comment on your situation.
But in my view, the bubble is only half the tournament, as the strategy changes completely after that period.

Could it be that your problem is not in the execution of your range making you unable to build a good chip structure?

Finding it more interesting than other hobbies, so I'm almost always multitasking while playing to avoid boredom.

Yes, in your situation the game becomes lighter and more fun. Making each hand a new challenge.

I think the hardest part is maintaining a constant good performance in poker. Indeed, emotions are a serious obstacle to making the right decision. Indeed, the source of most problems is emotion!

I would say that emotions are responsible for 60% of your victory.
If you are not in control of your emotions, whether they are good or bad, you will hardly be a winner.

Certainly do and am working hard on it! :biggrin:

It is an extremely important point to work on!

Last edited by a moderator: