What are your biggest difficulties in Poker?

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the online what matters is the emotional ... Like understanding how you lose with AA, or when you are winning on the Flop with QQ and the guy wins in the next two with a change.
It makes me angry, angry and if I don't control myself emotionally everything will go down the drain.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have been having problems with hands like AK and AQ. I overvalue them and end up doing crazy things.​

You already have 50% of the problem solved, now just work on the solution.

One tip, self-control is the key.
Controlling yourself will have better reasoning when you receive these hands.

I am having trouble managing my bankroll and my push-fold strategy is not quite optimal !!!

The big problem with Push-Fold is that you are giving your hand away, so you are lucky. This is not good, especially if you do not have a bankroll that is prepared, which seems to be your case.

I particularly only use this strategy in controlled situations, where I have less than 10BB or very deep to explore smaller stacks.

The ideal is to know exactly who will apply this weapon, since most of the time you just fold the villain.

In relation to management, the ideal is to keep between 100 ~ 200 Buy in, it depends on the game and your occupations, but at this rate of work it is something that will make you more comfortable when playing.

My biggest problem right now is that i can't handle the minus session well. I'm starting to get angry. I have to accept these drawdowns as part of poker and stop getting angry, especially since i win in general and the graph according to the statistics of the game is always about the same...

I would focus on self-control if you have to believe that the losses come from the variance of the game.

In that case it would solve and even improve its performance.

The main thing is your goal, motivation and strict discipline. Age and health also play a big role. It is very difficult to endure a night game session and still be in good concentration.

I understand your thinking, but perhaps the problem in general is tiredness, or rather, mental stress.

For example, I am already saturated in the middle of the CC tournament at the ACR, the result of sleep and tiredness of the day.

But that changes from person to person, since in my country I know players who play during the night to sleep at other times just to find a level of weaker players optimizing their profits.

So this is a mild and relative issue.

Patience! I have no patience. I have been told by family members all my life I was void of patience, but it took poker to convince me of that flaw . ..

In this situation the study of self-control with good breathing work can help you.
Not only in poker, but in life!

I think my biggest problem still is tilting..it's a lot better nowadays, but sometimes I still get on tilt mode. It's probably 80-90% better than few years ago, but still is my biggest problem.

It is a bad feeling that needs a lot of work for total elimination.

Very annoying.

I know how it is :D

The most difficult in poker is to keep the A game when you go through a massive downswing

Correct, but this is just an emotional reflex.

If you know what is causing your downswing, it will be easier and faster to get out of it.

It can be strategic or literally emotional.

Identifying the origin you will be able to correct and go back up.

últimamente me pasa que tengo cartas buenas y apuesta un oponente que lleva mas dinero acumulado y le echan las cartas que le favorecen y pierdo eso me entristece mucho

In that kind of situation you have to minimize those feelings.

Think of it this way, I had the best cards and he accepted a small percentage of victory. That is, for example, his hand was 70% and he 30%, in 10 hands, you will win 7 and lose 3, so this situation is called variance, it happens.

Keep exploring, most of the time you will come out victorious.

Don't be upset about it, it's part of the game!

No modo presencial minha maior desvantagem é fazer a soma total do pote, em LINE já está tudo seja completo em BB ou valores ..

It really is boring :D

my patience is very little. I think this is my biggest problem in poker.

Study a little about self-control, sometimes only with breathing exercises your performance already improves.

In the online what matters is the emotional ... Like understanding how you lose with AA, or when you are winning on the Flop with QQ and the guy wins in the next two with a change.
It makes me angry, angry and if I don't control myself emotionally everything will go down the drain.

Yes, this is correct.

Keeping your emotional intact you will have 100% of your logical reasoning.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your kind and helpful response, I will definitely try the deep breathing exercise. Again, thank you for your kindness.

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments, the bubble gives me all fear, insecurity, extremes, I just want it to end quickly. very difficult I always reach the bubble with my tongue out. Cheers :(

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Diego, please click the 'multi-quote' button on all posts you wish to respond to, then click the 'quote & reply' button once you have selected all (on the last post you wish to quote)...

This will place all quotes in one post and you can reply to them all.

This is much better than post after post after post after post... :wink: :icon_thum

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline

I have written before about discipline being one of my keys to succeed. That means discipline in the price of the tournaments that I am entering AND discipline in my range of starting hands I will play!! I think that is the key, at least for me, for me being successful in my poker ‘career’. Good luck.

Stay Safe

Z

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I mostly play free tournaments, so I don't have much difficulty.

E

edujah420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that my biggest difficulty in poker is knowing how to be aggressive in the hours that the table asks, I still lack more preparation and game time. I returned to play and I need more rhythm

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my worst enemy in poker is myself, especially lately when I often get angry with the fish who are more and more numerous and who play anyhow, the most unfortunate is that they have often a big stack, and end up winning, make allins with 5ko, I follow them with qq and of course I lose, that's my only worry at the moment I can tell myself don't get upset, play your games, but when I have a monster in my hands I can't stop playing them and often I lose, so my problem in poker right now is that I start to be scared when I have AK, AQ , AJ, in the hands and I'm happy when I have a marginal hand that I fold, actually when I see these fish at my table I'm not well

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt when it is worth calling all in

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
One of the worst impediments to the evolution of multiplayer games is the emotional issue.

Many cannot understand the game or are simply going through something bad outside of Poker and this becomes stressful, allowing their reasoning to drastically decrease, automatically resulting in emotional destabilization leading to loss of money.

But this is just one example.

Now do you know what your impediment is?

Probably the only obstacle I sometimes feel is the lack of free time. Only this prevents me from playing and developing dynamically.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a problem is with the anxiety of wanting to take the pots very fast without first having made a good analysis of the hand that I am playing, I have made that mistake of making very fast decisions because of my anxiety.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Lack of patience, this was my biggest problem and obstacle. When I started playing poker, I had no idea how important it was to be patient and disciplined. I thought that for good results, enough basic knowledge.

Frankqc666

Frankqc666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my bankroll management. I sometimes play on too high buy-ins. I have mixed feelings because I had good results on higher limits. but the variance of the game makes it a big flaw

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My big weakness are my betting patterns. I am still trying to learn this part. Im unsure the amounts i should be betting sometimes.

M

marcrues

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management (hard to move back down in stakes) and tilting when receiving multiple bad beats.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The biggest difficulty is controlling the passion and the emotion and taking the right decisions calm and wise!

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest problems is finding my way to the next level in poker. I have been playing for many years and consider myself a fairly good player. I just struggling to improve in a big way despite trying to relearn the basics. Anyone tried DTO poker training App?

O

ogloccness

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience. After a few hours and being so close to the bubble, I seem to try to win every pot and bluff/semi-bluff with almost every reasonable hand.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I have a difficult time when I am holding aces and someone else goes all in. I have lost a number of times to some very ridiculous hands.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is that when you lose a lot, you want to win back as quickly as possible and lose even more, you need to be able to take breaks and calm down, switch to something else! It is also difficult to play according to your bank roll, it is more interesting to play at higher limits, but you do not need to do this)

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
El análisis de la mano posterior al flop es increíble, pero siempre que cometo errores es en esos casos.

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not able to focus on certain games and maintain bankroll management, often times when I get tilted, I start to play zoom games, spin and gos, grand tour, and just start to spew my money on those.... need to work on my discipline

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lose players

i cant get by the lose players going all in with noting.