What kind of player do you consider yourself?

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I consider myself passive aggressive although you tell me it cost several important tournaments because of the surerte factor ... lol
In poker, you are either one or the other...not both.
If you are aggressive, then you are aggressive.
If you are aggressive between folding a lot...you are aggressive.
If you bet/raise and put pressure on your opponent, you are aggressive.
if you call you are passive.
(and folding is not relevant to the descriptor).

Saying you are passive-aggressive (in poker) is like saying you are black-white... or short-tall ...

Beng passive means it is the opponent who detrmines how much you'll be playing the hand for. The passive player simply acquiesces by calling.

So -- with this revised definition of pasivity vs aggressivity...WHICH ONE ARE YOU REALLY?!?!

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

791a791

791a791

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always improving

I'm a compulsive gambler I wish I could play without having only wins in mind that ends up hindering me

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider myself a conservative and aggressive player, I usually play the best hands, but when I'm in position I consider playing speculative hands. When I have a good value hand, I prefer to play as aggressively as I can. Sometimes when I get a bad beat I start playing very passively for lack of confidence, and that's terrible.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The Big Game

have a way to play it could be the beginning of being a pro

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All depends on my mood,Im the nice guy that trys to take yr money smoothly with the slow roll or im the aggressive guy that will make you wanna fold because im in the hand. Its all on how im feeling and how the table is playing too. Good luck crushing em.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself passive aggressive although you tell me it cost several important tournaments because of the surerte factor ... lol

I change styles depending on the players at the table. I usually play loose-aggressive at the start of a tournament to play more pots and raise the stack. Then I slow down and go into tight play from position :jd4::):jd4:

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Kind of player

It depends on the type of game.
Sometimes at real money games I find myself folding too soon. Too often.
And I find out at the end that I had the winning hand.

Sometimes I think I am calling a bluff and it turns out it's not a bluff.
Too many monsters under the bed.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a freestyle type of player sometimes I'm conservative and sometimes I'm aggressive I go with the flow of the table. At times I'll bluff and at times I won't bluff. I play with any cards in any position and there will be times when I fold a lot.

B

benrasberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose I come off as a player that is motivated by the math in the game, but I try to be somewhat aggressive overall. I think it's profitable to have a looser image, so as long as the table isn't really strong, I try to give action - to get action when I want it.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say I’m a pretty tight player typically. I’m still quite a newb, but I am quite patient and at the time very much enjoy poker as hobby.

mimietmour

mimietmour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a Crazy player, I can play eithrt tighi or loose, I can decide to play all-in with 22 or play tighly and bet small amount to see if a 2 get out......

PockerGod

PockerGod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I am probably a maniac playstyle! AF6-8!

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am mostly unlucky.

Sometimes I mix it up - unlucky aggressive, or unlucky passive, or unlucky tight, or unlucky loose. I've been know to tilt and play unlucky maniac. Every once in while I play unlucky smart.

But overall, unlucky pretty much covers it.

YES YES YES

Unlucky would pretty much cover it, does it ever, would it ever, could it ever end.....

VanAlves

VanAlves

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself no patience, when I play a wrong game soon left the tournament I need to work on this urgently this has cost me dearly.:(

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think my game depends on many factors. It depends on the mood, on the emotional state, on the price of the game, on the stage of the tournament, and so on, and this is what poker is all about. I think only bots play the same way, and we must together fight this evil that can kill our favorite game!

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I'm at the beginning of the journey, everything is not so simple !!) On the one hand, I am a calm and reasonable REG, and then bam, I'm a crazy fish.:angel::angel::angel:

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'm the relaxed, mellow uncle dude, the 'good soul of the table' you might say, who folds a lot but slowly and inconspicuously builds up his stack. Once I find myself in a dominant position though, I roll up my sleeves and my nice guy image flies right out of the window. Aggressive and outright mean bluffs and squeezing tactics become the norm. OTOH if I find myself in a tight spot I turtle up and wait for just the right pair to get back into the game and start the process anew. But by then most players see right through my facade.

B

benrasberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I'm not really sure what 'kind of player' I am. I do like the elements of math in the game, and I try to convey to others in live games that I am focused on the math and that it motivates my decisions. This induces some pretty large bluffs against me from the LAP's, which I don't mind.

I think I play pretty loose myself, and admittedly I do try to take a lot of flops in position, even with some strange holdings. Of course, the secret to deep stack cash games is that you don't want to overplay your hand if it is strong preflop. You are looking to make straight over set, full house over flush, etc. AA isn't happy if you get called on a big flop bet.

Poker is a social game as much as it is a game of math. I like to think I mix up how I play.

O

otmputquant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A new player with a lot to learn which equals a bad player that tries hard.

J

jefrock21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself a solid player, who still has a lot of room to grow. I prefer tourney play and my play in tourney depends on my chip stack and where I am at toward the end of the tourney/bubble.

I sometimes fold hands most people wouldn't, but trust my reads on people enough to play some I shouldn't/ I play tight enough to get respect when I raise, yet soft enough to push back on people trying to bully me.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider myself a very aggressive player in the early stages, but in the middle and late stages of a tournament, I am more passive.