Trash talking

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not trash talking is professional and suggested way of playing.
The thing is what will happen when someone suddenly start trash talking to a not used person in a spot for some big money? And, unfortunately, you can be sure this will happen sooner or later if you play long enough.

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Hello!
Focus on the game, you should not care what your opponents say. Just you and your game ;)

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why is it so many players want to trash talk you, when you draw out on them. they will cuss you out and everything else. at americas cardroom they try to control it. but some will do it anyway.:confused:
Because people are selfish and cannot accept their mistakes so the blame others

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
why do so many players want to curse you when you're drawn to them. they'll scold you and everything else. at Americas Cardroom they're trying to control it. but some will do it anyway. :confused:
I turn off the chat while playing and no one bothers me.

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just ignore them or turn off chat. Do noy reply or they will never stop, they are just looking for an audience.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
why is it so many players want to trash talk you, when you draw out on them. they will cuss you out and everything else. at americas cardroom they try to control it. but some will do it anyway.:confused:
Annoyance...everybody likes stupid people. But nobody enjoys playing stupid people who raise and re-raise with crap...only then to hit runner runner.
They're the only people that are getting cussed out that Ive ever seen.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just ignore them or turn off chat. Do noy reply or they will never stop, they are just looking for an audience.
Or go crying to support...you come across to me as a terrible player.

I've never, ever been cussed at online in a poker game.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like ACR decided the best way to get rid of it was to eliminate chat and add the ability to fling poo.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really dont mind if its like minor, we are humans sometimes we just have to let off, but i dont appreciate extemes though.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think some people have a weak mentality about the game, and that ends up frustrating them, when they lose, and they keep offending, saying things that have nothing to do with it,

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if u like to trash talk to me , u will hear trash talk back =D
Omg the first guy who not say " do not pay atention, play your game and bla bla bla " 🥴
Looks like all members of CC is a Angels 😇

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think some people have a weak mentality about the game, and that ends up frustrating them, when they lose, and they keep offending, saying things that have nothing to do with it,
You've annoyed the table that many times ?

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You can turn it off in the settings if it bothers you so much) I don’t notice this much, usually it makes me laugh :)

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You can turn it off in the settings if it bothers you so much) I don’t notice this much, usually it makes me laugh :)
That's what it's for...too many snowflakes spoil it. I think its a very important feature to alleviate some boredom and meet/make friends.
Sure, there is some abuse but the benefits out weigh the negatives

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
IMO it's a good sign since it most likely means he / she is an amateur. Everyone knows good poker players have no feelings

S

sosna72

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone can't resist the fact that someone else has a better card, that he won, then let him not play poker. Poker is a pleasure to spend time, meet new people

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I dont understand that either, but I must admit I am no Jesus and sometimes I'm triggered and I write back. Exactly what these trolls want. I'm always angry with me when that happens
Attention seeking c***nts :)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
It’s a good option to ignore any boring people at the tables, since pokerstars has such functions. For you, such bores immediately disappear and you forget about their existence.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
But nobody enjoys playing stupid people who raise and re-raise with crap...only then to hit runner runner.
They're the only people that are getting cussed out that Ive ever seen.
I prefer to play vs. stupid people. ... I'd probably enjoy playing vs you.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its out of frustration.

They do it because you're doing something that absolutely makes zero sense to them and that's on them expecting you to play above your level or them not knowing how to deal with your play because its over their skill level.

Just turn the chat off if you can or I don't remember if you can change the chat to your stats for the session at that site or something that blocks stupid distractions.

I've done it but never over the top. So I can't be a hypocrite questioning the motivation of trash talkers.

But yeah, I've told numerous folks what I thought of their 57o all in preflop or whatever silly play they did to increase the table variance when there was zero reason for such a play on numerous sites over the years after I've been playing in a tourn for a few hours.

LOL and don't get me started on the folks that play stud8 for years and years. . . and years and still don't know stupid starting hands!!!!!! lolol. I think in the next decade they might figure out that a low hand at best usually wins only half a pot unless the cards they need for straights and flushes are live so they can scoop the whole pot but whatever, some folks again, just play for fun.

Best thing is to ignore them if they're over the top stupid though.

Some folks will not understand the criticisms or take it personally instead of constructively.

But what you should do is pay attention to their banter because they might tell you something about their game or what they see from you that might improve your game but that's if you care or understand what's going on.

It can also tell you if they're playing out of frustration and not trying their best so you can adjust your play and just go after them if you have a hand instead of trying to trap them. So you can learn to use the nonsensical banter to your advantage if you gain the know how to deal with them.

GL