Trash talking

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why is it so many players want to trash talk you, when you draw out on them. they will cuss you out and everything else. at americas cardroom they try to control it. but some will do it anyway.:confused:

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
why is it so many players want to trash talk you, when you draw out on them. they will cuss you out and everything else. at americas cardroom they try to control it. but some will do it anyway.:confused:

Hello.
Indifferently. I am not at all interested in the conversations of my opponents at the table. I try to concentrate on the game and not be distracted by the chat.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's really just a sign of immaturity, and not worth bothering about. Just ignore them....perhaps feel good that you played well enough to elicit such remarks...heh heh

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never pay attention to what my opponents are saying at the table, I try to play my game with concentration! But I also sometimes try to strike up a conversation with someone at the table, but I'm friendly and just want to meet someone to chat at the table when it's boring! Of course, usually no one reciprocates, but some people are also friendly and just ask "how are you?" or something like that! I wish you all good and good luck at the tables!

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, like the post above I like to talk at the table, get to know people. I don't mind a bit of friendly trash talk. I get upset when someone hits the 2-outta to beat me.
But I keep it light and make sure I say "Blame the game not the player"

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually have the chat off. I don't want to be distracted by some jerk that is ranting about all the injustice to him. more often than not that is the true reason the idiot is there anyhow. It's not about the poker, but rather having an outlet to complain about why the world is not catering to his needs and wants.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i mostly got my chat out. It's not that it's a problem for me when people get abusive at the table, but I don't feel like wasting my energy on it. Now and then I look at the chat if there are nice people who wish you a congratulation or something then of course also answer. People who become abusive have only one thing in mind and that is to disrupt the game.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just ignore conversations, remarks or criticism. During the game, it doesn't matter to me what my opponents think or say. I just try to be patient and wait for good cards.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Generally people don’t tend to talk and if they do it’s typically immature comments so I just ignore them lol

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
I completely turn off my chat , so dont even know if anyone trash talking to me

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Because they have no class and are bad sports!

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You cant change their nature... some people are focused on the game, other just are what they are.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah some of them can be really nasty. Generally I ignore it now, preferring to keep chat off.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
chat? No, never heard of:p

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't know why, I think some players exceeds the limits with trash talk. That's one of the reason I usually hide my chat.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The good way is always hiding your chat if you feel you will be affected by trash talk. I also think it's their strategy, so what they say is nonsense, I just ignore them.

T

The Long Shot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always useful to know who's on tilt. It's nice of them to let everyone know like that.
:)

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody!
I have my own opinion on this, if a player lacks skills in the game, then he makes up for his mediocrity with abuse, which does not make him smarter, I personally do not take offense at the poor, and I do not pay attention to the game.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it is useful to answer something to the fish so that he does not get bored and he does not leave.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They trash talk because their sitting behind their monitor knowing they don't have to back up their mouth, most of these same players live would sit there quite as a mouse amazing when your700 miles apart how big and brave people are, my advice take it where it's coming from and chuckle,reply right back at you

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
it is very simple , don't care about them , play your game , it will came on you and , of course never do that yourself to others

hunterws

hunterws

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't have haters, you're not winning.
Just take it as a compliment, and grin.

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing from a mobile phone, and it's extremely inconvenient to be distracted by chat. Sometimes I can only read messages, but I never write myself. When insults come my way, it means that I win. And it's very funny for me, to bring opponents out of psychological balance