Im not much of a trash talker.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember, anyone who trash talks only qualifies themselves and weakens their own game by distracting from the game.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don’t let it bother me and can often get a good read on vocal players which makes it easier to take their chips :)

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At live tables a little trash talk is expected but for computer games it’s no and if it’s too bad I usually block the person

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally - and I know a lot of players on this forum may disagree with me here - I love trash talk and the psychology of trash talk and putting pressure on opponents to try to induce mistakes out of them - its more of an oldschool approach which doesn't translate well into society today but I think thats a massive shame - It allows for the growth of stronger character and resilience if you manage to navigate through trash talk.

I know a lot will disagree because in some of the platinum level games - I've made a cheeky comment here or there to test the waters and was told to tone it down or I would be reported. Noted - but also gained valuable information from it ;)

ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nobody makes you listen to this stuff, the mute button is your friend. I don't give a s*** what you think about how I or anyone else plays.

The ease in which opinions/comments can be amplified is an unfortunate by-product of the information age, along with generations of people who now see this as normal behavior.

018smitty

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wsop launched today in Michigan. There will not be any trash talk there because there is no chat box.:)

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Trash talking is part of the game, it comes with the territory. However, there should be something in place that would keep people from taking the trash talking over the line.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
why is it so many players want to trash talk you, when you draw out on them. they will cuss you out and everything else. at americas cardroom they try to control it. but some will do it anyway.:confused:
I remember those days, before Black Friday, when I got trash talked all the time. Now I play mostly on a site where all the players are anonymous, and there is no chat. Much more peaceful. I don't know if I'm allowed to mention the site since it's not one of Cardschat's affiliates. But you can find it if you search around a little.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not pay attention to the comments of my opponents. I am only interested in the game but not the conversations. Of course, it is unpleasant when your opponent insults you, but in general, I just don't pay attention to it.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why is it so many players want to trash talk you, when you draw out on them. they will cuss you out and everything else. at americas cardroom they try to control it. but some will do it anyway.:confused:
It's a sign of weakness.

There is a direct correlation with trash talkers and sharkscope graphs that are in the redddddddddd.

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
People are too offended these days, it is just fun. Yeah if anyone takes it personal it means it can change the game.

and thats the beauty of poker, changing the logical BOT game into something you can edge thru psychology.

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Most of the time the losing players just want to take out their frustrations on others, and if you're the one who's running out of their chips you'll be the target.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never care what they say at the tables, firstly because the chat is usually in English, and I don't speak the language and secondly, if I know I'm bothering them at the table, I'll take advantage of the situation, so that they come in on tilt and donate your chips to me.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally - and I know a lot of players on this forum may disagree with me here - I love trash talk and the psychology of trash talk and putting pressure on opponents to try to induce mistakes out of them - its more of an oldschool approach which doesn't translate well into society today but I think thats a massive shame - It allows for the growth of stronger character and resilience if you manage to navigate through trash talk.

I know a lot will disagree because in some of the platinum level games - I've made a cheeky comment here or there to test the waters and was told to tone it down or I would be reported. Noted - but also gained valuable information from it ;)
I don't disagree. I think trash talking is great, it is very much a part of society in Scotland, everybody is always winding each other up "banter" probably makes us very thick-skinned. If we can trash talk about ourselves, then no stranger is going to be able to get under our skin. I like a wind-up at the tables, some bite, some don't. Like you say, great for info. Give it your best shot, if we ever cross paths ;)

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
avoid unnecessary conversations, focus on the game

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
this is a normal psychological phenomenon - tilt, anger. people are different and, depending on their upbringing, may not behave beautifully.
Just ignore buddy.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have found that most trash talkers invariably think they are better than they are and they think they are definitely superior to everyone else at the table. Basically their motto is that if you can't play then you talk like you know what you are doing, all the time their talk shows everyone the they don't know WTF they are doing.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Because they are a little frustrated... even when they win...

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never write in the chat, I have it blocked, I don't like it because it distracts me.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, poker is played not only by cultured and reserved people, but by different people. Someone keeps anger in himself, and someone wants to offend an opponent. I try not to pay attention to those who offend and do not start a conversation with them, it's useless.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just ignore them, once someone tried to transmit to me something, not in a polite mode, I ignored him and he start to unleash his frustration to someone else from the table who made the mistake to reply, and in a couple of hands both of them were out. Most likely they were more focused on the chat than the cards

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you really are profitable, you know that mindset is a valuable part of poker.

Just smile, those players who judge you are not profitable, sometimes they win a freeroll here and there, but nothing else, so just ignore or take advantage of the situation.

VikK030p13

VikK030p13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Some players use this for tactical purposes, trying to undermine the opponent, causing them to take unjustified risks.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe the trash talk is a good sign that your getting under their skin, though I never pay any mind to such nonsense. Any trash talk means nothing to me. I also tend to not really pay attention the chat because I prefer to be focused on the game itself.

As for myself trash talking - thats just a big no, as I prefer to treat people with kindness and respect. Though if there is an extremely rude person at the table I may try to tell them to stop being so rude either to myself or someone else and if their behaviour merits correction, I will report them as well.

Last edited: