Slowplaying

doma47

doma47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it depends on situation position at the stacks and other things , but every time i slow played and waited for a good starting hands and go for allins and that i had no chances to hit the last table or top 100

furnitura47

furnitura47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowplay is usefull only then you hit nutts out of the flop or playing life. In every other case it is more likely you will let other players to pick some flushes and straights. You do not want to cry other your's pocket AA run over my 7 2? Forget about slowplay:cool:
Peace!

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it comes to play the poker game, every single move depend on how the other ppl are playing. Your action is just a consequence of how tight or aggresive your opponent are and the way they bet. Adjust is the key.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow playing is ok as long as it is not every play you make that is just painful especially with a full table doing it

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know how is the best move. But when I see AA in my hand is stronger that i can control. ALLIN

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on opponents. Type of game /tournement and also the action involved

I will only ever slowplay if I've flopped the nuts like top boat or quads and there's no real way your opponent will continue on that type of board. Most of the time I'm looking to build the pot with a strong hand.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet the good hands most of the time. Really depends on the opponents.

meser09

meser09

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

slow playing is indicated when you have players at the table playing very aggressively. Or if you have a very good hand and wait for others to give up.

C

C_mac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowplay is usefull only then you hit nutts out of the flop or playing life. In every other case it is more likely you will let other players to pick some flushes and straights. You do not want to cry other your's pocket AA run over my 7 2? Forget about slowplay:cool:
Peace!

Took me a long time to learn this lesson. So many times I would slow play, next thing I know, there's a potential flush or straight, I would keep slowing playing saying "what are the chances he was holding two hearts or whatever, only find out that's exactly what he was holding and pretty much knocking me out.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometime I like to slow play when I have aggressive player. I let them do the betting sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't other time I do the betting. It really depends on my opponents.

Last edited:
J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should never, never play slowplay, it is best to be the most consistent and honest in your game, I think you will win much more that way. not to mention that playing slowplay starias giving free cards that can later cost you dearly

D

Dafkovski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well i think slowplay only work when u are near bubble ? .... or im wrong ?

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much money I lost earlier when I slouped AA. Now I will play aces, very aggressively. The situation is not so long ago. AA - I wanted to get more money from the person. Flop -/-/9, I'm slowplay. Turn - Q, I made a 3bet - opp call. River -K. and I realize that I am no longer the favorite. Raise, bet, 3bet - and the opponent showed J10. I wanted to get more money from the player, but I lost half of the stack. Aggression, aggression, and more aggression.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i seem to always get burned slow playing, so i dont anymore.
i might give up some extra chips but at least i win more often now

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great thread of how people play. My biggest takeaway from here is NEVER allow your opponents to catch up and suck out on the hand you thought was too good.

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
With AA you need to isolate one opponent and force him to pay for seeing flop and next cards. Slowplaying with AA cost a lot, because its easy to catch pocket two pairs/flush/straight or whatever. With nuts - it depend on opponents style. With aggresive opponents - you can just check/call. With not aggresive ones - bet.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, the only reason to slowplay is when you have a real monster of a move, an example of a full house on the flop or a move of similar strength, where we can incite the opponent to bluff us, but if this is not the case, That betting on value and protection, if not your toppair or top two or set, they can be in a bad position if a bad turn falls, regards
Agree! Thanks

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No slowplay

Hello, I think that in micro limits the best thing is to always bet, unexpected hands can appear and end up losing a great pot for slowplay with AA, but good in the case that on the flop we have the nuts you can slowplay to induce the other or to the other rivals. regards

R

rmbmr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys
Was wondering what do you think about slowplaying?
Say for example you sit with AA or flop the nuts. Is check-call/raise the best play or should you initiate by betting?

Thanks

slowplaying sucks

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow playing has its place. I like to mix it up whether a player likes to bluff or not. The end goal is to win when I have the best of it and to be able to lose the least amount of possible when I don't. Sometimes you can play too fast against a player and still get the call you weren't looking of that doesn't end up in your favor by the time the river comes. Some players just don't fold no matter what you do.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deadly tool. Best against loose players & bluffers. Good tool when low on chips.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a huge fan of slow playing anything preflop where I think it is important to conceal the strength of your hand with consistent bet sizing. I never open limp so limping with AA might look a little suspicious and I certainly do notice this when other player who ordinarily open raise instead limp in.

I generally dont slow play post floor either but I do think theres value in checking the flop with a any ace after a preflop raise butconlyvon a dry board. The logic behind this is that most weak players with call preflop raises with a wide range of hands and will just fold to any bet on an ace high flop assuming they didn't flop some decent equity.

Checking the flop allows me to get some value from second or third pair that might otherwise fold to any bet. In addition, if I raised in late position with a weak ace, checking back allows me to see what my opponent does on the turn. As most people call with any ace and tend to check to the preflop raiser you can easily be dominated although I dont really consider this slow playing.

I do however cbet with almost all non made hands on ace high flops. This is inherently unbalanced but in most cases nobody is paying attention.

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the opponents.But on micro-stakes I dont like slow playing monster hands, they tend to call any random draw or float with any two cards.

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it a lot depends on a current situation. If your enemy is too much LAG, you should slowplay and he is starting raising and you can earn more money