Slowplaying

S

steinib00y

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys
Was wondering what do you think about slowplaying?
Say for example you sit with AA or flop the nuts. Is check-call/raise the best play or should you initiate by betting?

Thanks

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on your opponent(s). The more aggressive your opponent the more you should let them do the betting for you. Against more passive players you should do the betting.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think

I like slow play because it gives you more hands to think and try to recover from a bad hand, in turbo or hyper you have to decide faster and play weak hands because you do not have time to recover the chips taken out by the blinds

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like Slowplaying at all, sometimes it is necessary if nobody calls my bets.
I avoid it as much as I can.I don't think it's style for a serious player.
A thousand times I prefer bluff, than slowplay

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually slow down against very aggressive players who bet too much or who bet too much when checking, so I'm always on top of them always calling with AA because I know that I will win a lot of chips from them in the post floop.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowplay

Hi guys, the only reason to slowplay is when you have a real monster of a move, an example of a full house on the flop or a move of similar strength, where we can incite the opponent to bluff us, but if this is not the case, That betting on value and protection, if not your toppair or top two or set, they can be in a bad position if a bad turn falls, regards

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have the absolute nuts there is reason to trap opponent(s) so that you can extract maximum value from the hand but things like having AA or KK preflop and just limping or calling small raise is wrong play in my opinion as you increase teh chance to have bad beat story afterwards. :)

luiz6422

luiz6422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow play is not good. Pro players can easily get to know your game. You will often fall short in fights with draw cards.

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It makes sense sometimes. Keep in mind! Aces are not unbeatable. There more annoyed you will get, if you lose with aces, because you didn't raise enough and weak hands get in the pot.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost many times with AA, so you need to bet more often:)

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning to all!! Sit in aces and flop and the nuts are 2 different situatuins. If I have aces it is safer to try finish the hand early and in some circumnstances I would fold them in flop. When I have the nuts in flop, its the best to chance to trap my oponent. So I would prefer to check call in order to take the max value in all streets!

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys
Say for example you sit with AA or flop the nuts. Is check-call/raise the best play or should you initiate by betting?

Thanks
There is a time and place to use each technique in poker.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is a slow playing hand with only one other person not multiple people in the pot say you are in the SB and you have AA and its just you and the BB I would call and allow them to dictate the play for the time being ,now if its you the BB and some limpers I would raise the action

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t recommend slow playing. The more hands you hold, the more likely you are to suffer from BAD BEAT on the river. I think it ’s better to bet on the flop and turn.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, the only reason to slowplay is when you have a real monster of a move, an example of a full house on the flop or a move of similar strength, where we can incite the opponent to bluff us, but if this is not the case, That betting on value and protection, if not your toppair or top two or set, they can be in a bad position if a bad turn falls, regards

I totally agree with fernet. Couldn't have said it better!

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys

Thanks

sometimes yes, sometimes no, depending on which board will drop out, if it’s wood, then put, if not, then you can slowplay and put

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on how much the board is locked up by your hand. If you bet and no one calls I think that is a bit of a problem. You want to ensure you get maximum value for your made hands. Sometimes slow playing is the only way to get value. Give someone a chance to fire at the pot. A lot of times someone will throw a feeler bet out there and that is all you get from them. Other times they will keep firing and you can get in a raise for value.

I guess the short answer is I do slow play at times, and it just depends on the situation and my read.

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depending on board texture, slow playing a hand can end in disastrous results. beware!

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes slowplay is recommended. It all depends on the opponent and the information we have about them. If we have a good hand and we do not want to fold your cards it is recommended to slowplay and win some chips. otherwise no call the bets and we will win fewer chips than we could get.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing heads up slow playing can work. But ideally it’s not a good choice to slow play AA’s with multiple players speaking from personal experience.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't slow play very often at all .. it's an open invitation for someone with a trash hand to get there and serve you up what you think is a beat ..... the only times I slow play are with a monster hand that is visible on the board, and I'm trying not to scare anyone out of the pot, or if my opponent is so agro they are doing my betting for me ... then I will let them ..... other than that I think playing slow is a mistake that will bite you in the butt more than not ......

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like slowplaying,it's too booring and such a waste of time.
But i guess it's depend on the person.Someone love,someone not.

E

Ender70

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the situation, but I mostly play PLO so slow playing is usually not a good idea.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I slowplay quite alot. A bit too much I think.
It depends on the situation.