Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Build the pot instead and let slow playing for those that like to guess there way through the possible ranges of there opponents. AA preflop to me is just another pair , slow play AA and the Flop gets flushy or staightish or even if a pair hits and the fun begins.

D

domino1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like slowplay because invisible but involves a lot of risk

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
slowplay is my favorite style of play because it allows me to take less risk with certain hands and to reduce my losses when I don't have the max games. but I never apply this style of play when I find my AA. I prefer to announce the color preflop with a 3 or 4 bet to avoid being faced with several opponents or to give them free cards.

jovan123

jovan123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys
Was wondering what do you think about slowplaying?
Say for example you sit with AA or flop the nuts. Is check-call/raise the best play or should you initiate by betting?

Thanks
Be careful with slow playing it could come back to haunt you but it also has a place and as for your AA and flopping the nuts it depends on the players at your table and are you in position there are many variables involved but in that scenario I would check call till the river and jam

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In my personal case I do not like to do the "slowplay" I think that you should never give away any street ... However if you get the "NUTS" on the flop you could consider giving a street ...!

A

atalantos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is different to slowplay AA before the flop than slowplay a huge hand after the flop.
I think that before the flop you must bet because it is better to win less than to loose a lot after a bad flop. After the flop with a huge hand it depends of the table

H

Halilbear1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, the only reason to slowplay is when you have a real monster of a move, an example of a full house on the flop or a move of similar strength,

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On preflop-slowplaying is exactly evil. Post - flop you can slow play, if the situation allows.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
th slow playing for me its the best way to plat, you can think your moves...

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to slowplay when i think im at least 2 cards ahead..

For example, a big hit.. or maybe i hit an A and i know the other have nothing..

I do not usually do it, but i do it sometimes

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost always slowplay my nuts except with very aggressive players who I want to re-raise me. Sometimes it doesn't work. But, yes, I slowplay my nuts.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on board, slowplaying is wise only if community cards allows it

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, too much slowplaying will give chance to win for your opponents...

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really depends, sometimes slow playing just allows someone with a 72 to enter and bet you. If there's a real aggressive jerk at the table I might just check knowing they will just push

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slope play is a bad game, playing so you give you the opportunity to beat you. Very often, players see their outs and will put the last chips in the bank.))

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that everything depends on the opponents. Their playing style is very important for my decision.

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how your opponent plays. If they’re aggressive, then feel free to fire a bet with the absolute nuts. If they’re more cautious, then try to set a trap.

I personally, prefer the latter because you can suck them in with a check-call which is more passive. Then I check the turn and bet big on the river to induce a big bet. This works best on a dry board though.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Dude, you know, like usual, when I have a pair of aces in my hand ... AA, I don't think long and go all-in.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends on opponents. Sometimes you should be the aggressor, sometimes you should use your opponents own aggression against them. Try to exploit the situation for the maximum possible payoff.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love to check-raise! but if the person or person before you only raise a little then just a call might work better! There is another thing if you flop quads you want to chck it all the way to river if there is a chance someone else might hit quads! Sole reason for this is the Bad Beat jackpot!

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too many times I've been beaten by something on the turn or the river after slow playing top pair... It's definitely better to push people out and take the sure win. I kinda look at it like splitting 10's in blackjack. While you can split 10s and sometimes make out with more, you're probably going to have an expected value over the long haul that's less than if you just took the sure win and pushed people out.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the table is tight it is an option to do slowplay because if we bet 3 or 4 BB as the manual says they can fold and none go. the important thing is to do it according to the behavior of the table. I do it in those cases. the important thing in monster hands is to win the largest number of chips, we are not interested in our opponents folding quickly.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slowplaying: position, opponents stacks matter a lot.

If I was slow-playing, I would hope for opponents with stacks, not afraid to play. Position counts, too: If you lead off the betting with a huge bet, they fold.

Scenario flop AA: If in position, I would put in a small or min bet, to lure them in. After you see the flop, reevaluate.

Scenario flopping the nuts: If my opponents are ultra aggressive, call anything, you would put in a good sized bet, then extract further if the hand develops for you. Just because they play crazy doesn't mean you have to also.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your position. Table image and opponents habits. But if you just sat down I’d check out of position if I closed the action and raise if I was the initial raiser. If I was in position I’d mostly raise

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just depends if the time is right or not. Gotta kno. Feel it