Slowplaying

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not recommending slowplaying, sometimes AA will beat by 22 +2 on the turn or river. Bad beat.

NauGad

NauGad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

When you slow down, you very often run into a stronger hand in the later streets.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my opinion depends a lot on the opponent and the limit, everyone writes on streams and in books and says that the one who plays aggressively wins

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It really hurts, when you slowplay AA and then guy from big blind who had 74off beats you with straight. I'd recommend slowplay only after flop with unbeatable hand.

H3kf

H3kf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have nuts stright on flop and your enemy have flush on river you start hate slow play

Adrian2809

Adrian2809

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a mistake so many times with a good card to play slowly and in the end to lose because someone came with 8.5 or 9.6 and make a straight or even 2 pairs. I don't make this mistake often honestly.

C

chattydb4567

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow play minimal

Only way I slow play is if I flop the nuts against a aggressive player cuz otherwise you gonna miss out on too much value and some spots get caught up enough if not against the right players

Bleeis

Bleeis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not recommend it, it is to give equity to the rival to complete their draw or sets

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think position has a lot to do with my play along with my hand holding AA or KK or even if i flop the nuts under the gun i'm going to make a small bet for value or just to get a feel for the table, now just too slow play every hand which i had seen many many times i find annoying but some people just play that way. I think myself if you have the hand and your in a good position take advantage of your pair.:deal:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

W

wstclair777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will slow play if my hand is so strong that I don't feel that there are many cards left to make a hand for my opponent that they can call with. I will also slow play against a very aggressive player but, for the most part I don't like to slow play.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Situational dependent as is the answer to practically every poker question.

However, if you'd like a basic answer, I rarely slow-play if my strong hand has a chance of being overtaken in subsequent streets. Better to build a pot and look at your bet-sizing.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play the moment

I think i try to mix it up , it can depend on the opponent and the history of the game you are in, i try to be consistent on bets so my good flop doesn't stand out by my wide eyed bet.
but we are always trying to get value,so we try to squeeze as stealthily as we can.

S

sebablue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the situation you are in, from my point of view it can benefit you when you have the nuts and then there is time to take advantage of the slowplay. In addition, it is not recommended when there are many projects because you give equity to the rival, you must remove that equity by being aggressive so that you do not give the odds to pay the bet.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot of factors but basically i would slowplay against a loose aggressive opponent as they tend to steal more pots by checking, this strategy does not work against tight players due to the fact that they will only bet if they have a good hand.

W

WeiserAdler13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot of factors but basically i would slowplay against a loose aggressive opponent as they tend to steal more pots by checking, this strategy does not work against tight players due to the fact that they will only bet if they have a good hand.

I totally agree with you because I also like to slowplay against aggressive players because in most cases you will win big :D

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen so many slow play with pocket aces or kings and get cracked but a significantly weak hands because he let the person check to the river for cheap.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like slow playing preflop and would only consider it if you have an exceptionally aggressive player preflop repeatedly raising and even then if its someone reraising a raise I would still raise. Some players do this to disguise their other weak limping hands and sometimes get nicely paid off. Dangerous though if you do not get a chance to reraise prefop.

Postflop it is often done to disguise the strength of a hand which can often work but you may also lose streets to bet on.

Z

zokiusa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

slowplaying can make u more trouble than u can imagine

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If u`re sitting with nuts, it`s not a fact that You`ll win if u sloup. I`ll always raise. Regs are unlikely to pay, but newcomers are willing to invest money. The regulars are too smart.)))))))

Full to high full - and that`s all. End of sloup.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think you have to be aggressive with AA or KK preflop. Most people will know you've got a pair if you go a massive aggressive bet. Double the blind or a check, depending on how many people are in the hand especially if you're the cut off. Surely, the purpose is to create the biggest winning pot and not the biggest empty pot folds??

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say what's the point of having the nuts if you make as much profit as possible?

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Play slowly - the prerogative of the master.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how your opponent plays. If they’re aggressive, then feel free to fire a bet with the absolute nuts. If they’re more cautious, then try to set a trap.

I personally, prefer the latter because you can suck them in with a check-call which is more passive. Then I check the turn and bet big on the river to induce a big bet. This works best on a dry board though.
Sounds like a good strategy!
Love the breakdown, this is why Poker is so complex, it's player dependent & the most optimal line is never clear but I think it's best to err on the side of getting max value from your hand Cuzz you never know what he actually has!

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slowplay teches you never to slowplaying.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
slowplay is very nice in some situations, but u can´t care if u get a bad beat and opponent hit miracle on u