Are poker players smart?

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
those who play plus are certainly smart + they also have a good understanding of mathematics in general at a basic level, especially this applies to cash players

gabrielcsgo93

gabrielcsgo93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a profissional player and win money with it, you can have sure you are smart!

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont know but they have to count for sure

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There have been American presidents with IQ = 90 :D
So in poker too, you don't have to be very smart to play profitably ))

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that since I play low levels until I am a winning player at that level and then advance to the next level, so I can grow my bankroll in a more secure way

A

acenit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be a winning player, I believe so

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that any average person can play poker well if they have a goal.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would say they would need to have good math and if live have good social skills to be able to read people well

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker as in any discipline there are very intelligent people, so to follow in the footsteps of those people who are an example to follow we must imitate them, intelligence in a process of learning and discipline that are forming the person, and poker is a game where you can become a very smart winner.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There have been American presidents with IQ = 90 :D

I'm pretty sure that several sections around this forum hide people who arent as smart ^ so ... :hmmmm2:

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Different people play poker. Basically, as elsewhere, the patient and assiduous achieve success.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi

poker as in any discipline there are very intelligent people, so to follow in the footsteps of those people who are an example to follow we must imitate them, intelligence in a process of learning and discipline that are forming the person, and poker is a game where you can become a very smart winner.

I agree with you that diligence has guaranteed results, and in all areas as well. But there are people who are gifted with intelligence. I think that this talent, if it is in the field of mathematics in particular, and if we add to it the skill of reading "body language" or "moving the opponent", it will make this person a skilled and professional player who is difficult to beat.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's natural. If a person has achieved heights in any profession, and even more so where it is necessary to have intellectual abilities, he is smart.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, strategic thinking is not for everyone

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some people are smart for some things, others things aren't. It's possible, for example, one being expert in math (yes, in math) but completely donkey at a poker table.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi

Some people are smart for some things, others things aren't. It's possible, for example, one being expert in math (yes, in math) but completely donkey at a poker table.

I think that if this "mathematics expert" is interested in poker, it will be easy for him to at least understand the equations and strategies of poker correctly and quickly, and then gain experience and skills over time.

F

findybaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They may not be smart, but they need a good memory

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Poker players are mostly just incredible dumb - them being smart is media created illusion that forms from the mystery that nobody knows what they think about. Same as murderers, they are portrayed by the media as one step above the game but in reality murderers are all people who couldn't solve their real life problems without violence.

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey ! there are very interesting players and I watch their game! very interesting . but I would say more about luck)))

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the average poker player is intelligent but maybe I just think that because I am one and am biased ??

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
isn't this like asking are __________ smart? where there's a mix of both smart ones and less fortunate ones, like any other group?

but honest opinion, a small subset are intelligent/gifted even, and the rest i consider not so much (me included). In the end it's gambling and the house always win, or in terms of poker, there are only few who make it big

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, some are and some aren't haha. I would say good poker players are definetly smarter than average, but with the huge amount of people playing poker, specially betting addicts, I wouldn't say poker players are smart compared to any other game that requires logical thinking and strategy.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As Tommy Smothers would say, "Well.....their certainly not stupid!"

Dan'O

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So area unitskilled poker players smart? In many ways, yes. so as to succeed and win cash at poker, someoneshould develop their mathematical and logical reasoning skills on the far side what a median person would apprehend
No, not always.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smart Poker Players Are Only On Cardchat Today