dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Scientists believe that the quality of intelligence is determined by the speed of thinking, based on knowledge and experience. It is clear that for our example, poker could be such areas of expertise and experience. Poker is a game of strategy, and masters of strategy games usually have the mental acuity that you find in people who also do well on intelligence tests. Poker players quickly process a large amount of information, evaluate options for action depending on the situation. They have emotional intelligence, that is, they pick up subtle suggestions and hints. And cool poker players have a very flexible psyche - they can quickly rebuild, much faster than the average person! It is this set of qualities that a relatively smart successful poker player should apply.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think professional players are very smart poker players because they defeat many players, so they are somehow different

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would have to know a little bit of math to calculate the probability of having a hand, and if possible interpret them as expressions of an opponent's face

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Anyone can play poker. But to achieve real success, you have to be a smart person. Because it is necessary to process a large amount of information in a short period of time.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if people provide a profit of a hundred million dollars to poker rooms for a year, then in my opinion the answer is obvious here - there will be more stupid people playing poker than smart ones, I assure you of this

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
obviamente somos listos :D a veces albert einstein me manda whatsapp para preguntarme cosas :D

desarrollas mucha agilidad mental y logica aparte te hace un poco mas rapido a la hora de razonar en matematicas :D

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't see the point in making several words in a sentence in different colours. 🙃

As to the question:
Some are, some aren't. 🤣

M

majaverick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't think all players are smart, but those who play strategically need to develop at least quick logical thinking. I think so because the game is very dynamic and timed.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Anyone who can make a decent living from poker is really smart. You can say that he has seen enough hands to recognize most situations, but I think there is more to it than that.
Those who are among the professionals do not just play out of routine, but actually use their minds, think and analyze.
Otherwise, they are persistent, which is also related to the mind.
So I think they are really smart.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning players manage a way to beat others. So I will give it to them for outsmarting opponents.
But making a generalization that all poker players are smart doesn't make sense.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, it's not like you can teach monkey to play only aces all in and expect success, right?

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
if they are in the area in which they work, that is, those who are dedicated to poker will be skillful and intelligent depending on the time they spend on poker, but they are not necessarily so in other areas. I like to see how they face mind against mind at high levels. It's a supergrade of intelligence

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are some poker players smart? Sure.

Are most poker players smart? Nah.:)

IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
In my experience people with high IQ's are better at the fundamentals and pick the game up more quickly than the average player, and people with a high social IQ are very adapt at reading people, identifying bluffs, strength and weakness's. Like all things you don't have to be a genius to play poker but it does help.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s quite obv some of the greatest poker players are very intelligent. Math and game theory and understanding probability is important thus being smart is very helpful in poker.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
not the poker players i play against not at all i don´t even think they have a brain

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like everything in life their is smart ones and dumb ones .but usually most of are very amart

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
I would most likely say that winning players on the long run are quite smart. Because these players have identified the tendencies of the weak ones and are captivating on that.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the algorithm to succeed in poker is not very complex, of course poker is an incomplete calculation so the variations are a constant, when relating intelligence and poker game, I think in Stu Ungar a legend in the game of poker ..... how to other aspects of life it looks like he spent all his intelligence just playing poker

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes. Most of good poker players are very smart. But, there are some players who play on luck. If this players wins, they think to be smart.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not all poker players are smart, very few are smart and know how to read the opponent.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course most poker players have a very high IQ level and with that they gain in cleverness and voracity, but in life if you are not smart enough to notice the difficulties and make it a great ally you will never grow .

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Players are different, some are smart and some are not so smart. Each person and each player, respectively, has its own shortcomings and advantages. The main thing is to know your strengths and learn to use them effectively.