I can only tell you that I have never won when holding a hand of 2 high
:p:p:p

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I do not think poker is like the lottery. There is less chance involved in poker.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how often did you happen to have a 100% confidence on the flop that you should win, and on the river you lose
But poker is not about only one hand. And if I have nuts on the flop, I try to play so I don't have to see the flop.;)

M

mottap14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it might be like the lottery but a little bit more complicated. It is like buying lottery each hand. online poker is difficult and I think you gotta be a really lucky guy.

doma47

doma47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start your career without knowledge of the game it might be a lottery for players

T

tengteng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i use to play for 10 years and now i think i have to learn more

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
how often did you happen to have a 100% confidence on the flop that you should win, and on the river you lose

As I was scrolling through this thread, I just had my K high flush beaten by smaller suited cards, but he had a straight flush. I didn't even see that one coming lol
I lost recently with quads too. The board was 22KKK, and I had pocket 2s. I hit 3 quads that day... It seems to me that crazy miracle hands happen waaaaaaaay more online than in real life, so I think online poker is a little like a lottery in that respect. That's why I'd never play the stakes online that I play in person.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
In the lower limit tourneys, it is and headhunters. The ones who chuck all in every hand normally have a roi of like negative 78 though..

Borataylor

Borataylor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been feeling that way more and more lately.Cards don't arrive at all.And if they do, the opponent still has a better hand.This makes the game very uninteresting lately.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes and no, it's luck based, but you control the amount you want to pay at each stage. This means you can estimate chances of profit, and pay what you want for that. So as a whole it becomes less luck based

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, only a flush grand piano on the flop gives you 100% confidence!

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know what is happening with me, but i need buy another mouse... so unlucky... so angry

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dany

in lottery if you loose you will not loose all your money +its once a week or twice , but poker everyday for long hours even 24 hours online ,so i you dont have control ohhhhh

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a lottery, where the better players have more tickets.
I would say the richer players ,have more tickets. they can withstand the bad beats and keep going especially in omaha.

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No poker is SKILLS no lottery ..some times need luck but the math is in the game and psychology

makian

makian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my defeats don't usually remember how bad it is, the important thing is to remember the hands lost by your mistake and try not to make mistakes like that! remembering that after the flop, we have two more community cards so we can think about the development of the hand before reaching the showdown

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no

I do not think so, but some people who play in a lottery way expecting me to get the winning card, and many times it happens.
For me it is a game of strategy, lies and knowing when to play and also withdrawing.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It certainly feels that way that poker is like lottery but in the back of my mind I should know that my odds are more likely to win a hand than lose even when I see many situations at showdown that I play my hands and sitting with 80% chance of winning that hand.

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

multiple times. My favorite part of poker is to look at stats that show 10000 games played and they average like $1.50 profit an hour. Its just long long hours of making the right decisions.

santidemar

santidemar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a lottery, where the better players have more tickets.

My idea is like this. Always I talk with my friend MatiAldosivi10 about it. He says he is viewing a lot of videos, theory and studies of Poker. I tell him that i prefer playing: I think that my poker knowledge is basic but able to play to have fun. I enjoy to learn playing (ussualy losing haha).

Best player of the world may lose versus a principiant or a bad player if the luck isn't with him.