Is Poker a Game of Skill or Chance?

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is primarily a game that requires skill, knowledge, and at the end luck... ;)

N

Napkins420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to have skill to know when it's time to get lucky

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't remember who said that poker is like chess, the calculation of moves, and you will be happy

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not think of poker as a sport, I don't know why but I don't think it's a sport,but the logic is so ,but in poker I think the main thing is luck,especially in online poker

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is game with chanse to earn money,but not for everyone,proffesionall is very hard to be....

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is certainly a game of skill but luck should be present because even the best player can not lead.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate it wen ppl say it's a game of luck like roulette or something then I say well they guys who make final tables year after year must be the luckiest guys in the world lol. I mean if that was the case then Eric sidel and Daniel Negranue r more luckier than a 2 x lottery winner with a 4 leaf clover garden at there house! ! Skill and people reading skills and some balls all come into play. Definitely

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The sport represents a specific sort of the physical and intellectual activity made for the purpose of a competition and also purposeful preparation for them by warm-up, a training in combination with rest, aspiration of gradual improvement of physical health, increase in I.Q., receiving moral and material satisfaction, commitment to excellence, to improvement of personal, group and absolute records, glory, improvements of own physical capacities and skills. The main problem for definition what is poker sport or gambling, it is necessary just to understand in my opinion what value of ability and skill in poker and good luck) If someone proves that it is 100% of good luck that I will agree that it is gambling...

G

GLovvorn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both but then again so is almost any game played by people. The wind puffs at just the right moment to push a ball in or out.The sun flares off a shiny surface and blinds you at a critcal point. There is some luck involved in almost every aspect of life.

AlexBlade

AlexBlade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with GLovvorn. Sometimes I read players but sometimes I can do nothing...only fortune..only game of chance...

M

mazennafee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker game is unique blend of strategy, psychology, random chance and number crunching .

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, the skill is important, but a little luck, too, does not hurt))

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many answers - so many opinions, so I'll offer my answer ...

Poker is a game of skill at a long distance, when the dispersion reaches a point of equilibrium ...

At the same time, poker is a game of skill and luck at a short distance ...

Poker is a game of the mind that, in conjunction with other factors, determines the level of our skill!

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a game of skill

Luck is certainly a factor, but I poker is a game skill. Pure luck would be flipping a coin, or pulling slot handle, where nothing you do will increase your odds. With poker, the various factors of: odds, position, observation of opponents, etc; when taken into account, will influence the outcome in the long term.

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a game of skill

Luck is certainly a factor, but poker is a game skill. Pure luck would be flipping a coin, or pulling slot handle, where nothing you do will increase your odds. With poker, the various factors of: odds, position, observation of opponents, etc; when taken into account, will influence the outcome in the long term.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that poker is 70% skill and 30% luck, but without the skill you will not get the luck.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill definately. Just like an athlete it takes skill, determination, and endurace, to even hope to be successful in poker

C

Cazador twd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a game of strategy but also influences the luck factor

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The term "luck" implies a heavily result-oriented mindset, and a far too emotional response to "getting there" or "getting sucked out on".

On the other hand, being skilled at poker just means making the most +EV decisions, and take whatever losses you incur as simply part of that statistic.

little_karapuz

little_karapuz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, my opinion, luck is changeable, today it is with you, and tomorrow it is not. But the skill that you have gained from you will not disappear

Dim4ik555

Dim4ik555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is an intellectual game in which luck and skill are correlated in an ideal degree. Ideal for a beginner to beat a professional, so that it seemed to him that they played on an equal footing.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker and a game of skill and odds. when you have the ability to play when chances are in your favor you are profitable in the long run

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think about 70% skill, 30% luck.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
We can say poker is a mind's game because it needs maths. Also the player must watch the game and if no the results will be poor.

Top 10 Games