Is Poker a Game of Skill or Chance?

J

juliendesp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Difference between tournaments and CG. More skills in CG, tournaments you need a lot of luck to win, not only when you are all in, but what your oponents have, the level on your table, the position you have, hit flop, be paid when you have the papers and not when you bluff etc.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both are important, but to be a winner in the long run, knowledge is more important than luck.

D

darkryanx22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is a bit of both, part of luck is in the cards that you touch, but the ability you have to use them, and how to play with the minds of your opponents depends on the skill of the player, it is well known that you can have a very bad hand, and still make a strong bet in which your opponents fold, just because you think their hand is worse

S

Sabrinaamoura

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lock

for me it is a game that encines us every day lessons for life. and it can be anything. but not bad luck for those who know how to control themselves emotionally

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: For me, poker is a game of 70% skill and dexterity and 30% random and luck, we see bad bets but we have to keep perfecting the skills, keep fighting, in the end there is always logic and results.

If you lose, don't be frustrated , understand, you did the best you could ...

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is the best card game ever seen, it combines so many factors to take into account to be a winner that it makes it incredible. You never stop learning, any hand can win, any player can ever win. But having said all this, it is 80% Skill and 20% Luck, in the long run skill prevails, the best players putting in a lot of volume reduce the luck factor to the point that it is not relevant at all. Consistency in study and discipline when managing the bank is essential.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Both are important in my opinion. It is necessary to have skill to play and at the same time certain chances to bet, because without that, only skill is not possible to win in poker. I believe it is a set of skill and luck (chances of winning).

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I won I was happy and ended up betting more and lost everything, kkkk It was fun.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love poker

it doesn't matter to me if it's bad luck. the important thing and I play. because I'm crazy about poker. wow

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill and chance both.
But good skill are definitely a plus

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more skill and strategy than bad luck

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a bit of both, but in the long run the best players always win more.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a game of chance without a doubt, but even so, skill is a method to use it at the tables and to tip the balance in our favor, however, no matter how much skill we have, chance will always be a factor that is counterproductive with the hands

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both but skill is what will make you win more. Its all about practice makes perfect. The more you play the better you will get. Luck is not the only thing to rely on. Good luck.

Top 10 Games