Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
99% of the time I play hold'em. Omaha is an unpredictable game. This is what makes Omaha interesting. But I prefer hold'em.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely hold'em. A long time ago, I watched games in films in which players had five cards in their hands, but a serious acquaintance with poker began with hold'em.

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always Hold'em but I am starting to enjoy O'maha lately because of the action.

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Holdem

I prefer holdem, in matters of bad beat and complicated range, as for omaha because you can be in heaven or hell in the blink of an eye, and because the range of hands to call is much greater, you will have a tendency to call and play more hands.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played 7 card stud and razz online and like those games. Too bad there no live games. I would like to try those live. Old timers tell me it was all 7 card stud before Holdem came on the scene

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 99% of the my time holdem only because holdem is more popular and there is much more players which are playing it.It is also much more easy for me to win at holdem games then in omaha which is really weird game for me.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play holdem, I don't like omaha, I think it's more difficult, that's why I prefer holdem.

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holdem is my favorite. I also like omaha hi/lo

jcmunoz33

jcmunoz33

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Holdem

I’d have to say I only play holdem tourney. But Omaha cash games are ok. Just little tricky sometimes. So many hands that can be out there. Have had so huge pots sucked out on. :(

Z

ZefaPoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When people switch from Hold'em to Omaha, they find it hard to go back. There's a reason for that :)

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
plo or omaha o8 for sure because I think the level of competition is lower and it's more fun :)

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've never played Omaha, but posts like this and reading the replies makes me want to give it a shot.......

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
swings are really big in PLO IMO
I played in PLO live games where muti way all in on the flop
many players buy in 2-3 times within in the hour

ALso playing 5 card omaha variation that I really like on pokerstars called Courchevel.
this is the best game IMO

Last edited:
Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Hold'em:D

I prefer Holdem because I think it's clearer and I personally get along better there. The larger number of players in connection with more attractive prize pools could also be an advantage here, as it is more the "mainstream variant". Ultimately, it's probably a matter of preference and habit. At the end of the day, both variants have their own appeal.

kind regards

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been getting into PLO a lot more lately. It seems to be even more dynamic and fun compared to holdem in its current state. The shift towards GTO and the smaller skill gap among the average players in most NLHE games online has made me take up an interest in alternative games as well as more live poker.

P

Putohaze

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I really like to play both so I don't get sick of Holden :jd4::):):smile::smile:

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like to play Hold'em more, although Omaha is also interesting to me.

P

povelitelbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Omaha is a more interesting format, but it's hard to win in it, so I play hold'em.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing mostly omaha these days
1-2 PLO live
One thing I notice is that all the money goes in before the river , usually at flop or turn so it more of a disadvantage to be short stacked than HE
there is no advantage to go all in preflop (AAxx is over played )
( AA in hold em iis over played too in cash games but that another story )
Can not triple barrel bluff like in HE Often other players have draws to the nuts
Can not rep a certain hand cause there is 4X combo of hole cards one can have in omaha
I find it hard to bluff with blockers but told it can be done

Last edited:
vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both poker games, the idea is that in omaha you have to know very well the math of the cards. that's why many omaha games, maybe most of them are pot limit, if you played nl omaha it would be flip after flip on every hand