Omaha or Hold'em

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In any case, it is better for beginners to start with hold'em, because, to put it somewhat simplistically, Omaha is the same hold'em, only with four cards and with a large number of combinations. Well, anyway, in hold'em in live tournaments and in kilofields, the lineups will always be better, the player's expectation will be higher than in Omaha.
The cash game, of course, is somewhat different, but I repeat about the base: the ability to play hold'em is a necessary basis for Omaha.

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold'em always, Obama aside, I don't like it, I can't get playing strategies and therefore I always end up losing and getting bored.

K

Kaothi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both ways of playing. At first, I learned Hold`em, but since last year, when I played Ohama (also HI/LO) for the first time, I really like both versions.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do not limit yourself in anything) the more disciplines you play and study, the better, you can concentrate on several types of poker at once

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Personally I prefer Hold'em.

The most important thing is to study the game, to play correctly and to respect bankroll management whatever the format you have chosen

C

chako_pro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im coming back after 4 years of no play so im basically getting my holden mojo back and then ill return to badugi, omaha and all the jazz

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've never played omaha to have a valid opinion of the differences. Still learning hold'em but I do enjoy it so not sure when I may attempt omaha.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem definitly i dont like omaha it not makes fun for me like no limit texas holdèm

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
game 98% Hold'em, Omaha the last time I played, I believe it was in 2010/2011 and I don't remember how to play anymore, I'm going to enter a game to remember

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer Pot limit Omaha but the swings can be wild. It’s more math and probable thinking. Edge is slim 60-40. Whereas in Holdem have to read the player and that much the difference. All the money goes in the flop And then dies off in PLO
I’m Holdem more money after the flop in the cash game

miguel198433

miguel198433

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi

I prefer the most interesting texas holdem and omaha is 4 cards and there are more possibilities that you get any combination you want to do

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rather play Holdem. I've tried Omaha in the past but didn't really enjoy it, I much rather play 5 game, Razz, Stud, blackjack etc if I am to sit at a card table

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i rather play short deck way better game.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
holdem is better to predict but omaha has more combinations and more difficult calculation

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Since there are more cards in PLO, you must also have a stronger hand. A hand that is considered a monster in Holdem can be weak in Omaha. Most of the time the pots are won by straights, colors and full house.
In PLO, it is very important to recognize these differences and change your hand selection. Understanding how to play draws is also an essential part of Omaha.
Mindset is also important because the variance in PLO is much greater than Holdem.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing lots of 5 card Omaha. It’s fun. Its hard to read the betting intentions of player in Omaha.
When they have two cards then the betting pattern is more predictable. So easier to read players with two cards on the flop. ( Holdem is easier to read )
If theirs a blank on turn or river than it’s easier to have a good idea what they are playing in Holdem
In PLO it hard to know what a player is holding preflop /flop. As they are playing more variations of hole cards so it’s more mathematically based

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The swings in PLO are way bigger than NLH. I play way lower stakes when playing PLO BC of this. tilt is twice as bad for me in PLO, I had to actually stop playing BC my bankroll was dwindling in PLO