Omaha or Hold'em

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing omaha lately , I though it was hard to bluff but like in HE it you can get Heads up and the board looks scary or weak sometimes can bluff but of course you have to know your opponent Heads up if he willing to lay down

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like both games, Holdem I play in touneys ..everywhere. For now PLO I play in very small stakes and its crazy out there but also easy to make money unless you are on a very tilt streak . In Omaha I tend to make sure I have the nuts

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have played quite a bit o Omaha games over the years ,mostly as a diversion.
Still prefer holdem .

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
mostly hold'em but omaha sometimes slips:)

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's funny, but when there are no rooms for the game, then this choice loses all relevance.:)

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the Omaha game, there is a very large variance. I like hold'em more

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in omaha it more a game of outdrawing at the turn and river
having the nuts at the flop doesnt hold up most time like it can in HE
Better to play with hole cards in Omaha that can give flush / straight draw combos
together so you can have multiple outs and blockers at the same time

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend o play "tighter" with omaha as I need a good hand to draw out at the turn or river
When I go back to play HE I played more solid
But when I go from HE to Omaha I tend to be too loose and chase low percentage draws Its best to have a least two draws or blockers like a flush / straight draw together
some one holding a overfull beat underfulls more often then usual in omhah than HE

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Set doesn’t mean much after a flop in Omaha
Better to not bet on the flop even with nut set with redraws to straights ad flushes. Lose more than win if act to quickly on flip

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer Hold'em a thousand times over. Omaha is very complicated and uncertain from start to finish.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
today I played omaha, there were four hearts on the table, I have a flush with a Q and the opponent in the chat writes that he won because he has an A
hearts, I tried to tell him that one card does not take part in the draw

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO or NLH

I like both NLH and PLO equal. I wont play PLO8 cash games because often you are just splitting the pot and paying rake.PLO8 tournaments are OK though.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prefer holdem forsure as Omaha is a fishy game that's super fun but expensive and draw heavy

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For novice players who also play for fun, I would recommend playing the game that you like best, and not to worry about economic considerations. We should try Texas, Omaha, and other games and stop at what we like more.
If the goal is to earn money by playing, then it seems reasonable to me to choose the game in which the analytical corpus is developed the most today. This is due to the fact that it is in this part, unloved by the players — the analytical part — that a guaranteed advantage over the "sloths" lies. Probably, I would still prefer Texas. Although, admittedly, Omaha has also been actively developing lately. In general, paying attention not only to Texas, but also to Omaha is true. And from the point of view of great gaming prospects, and from the point of view of ... a kind of gaming stereo thinking.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold Em. Too many cards in Omaha :D

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing other variation poker , stud and PLO and really liking the game other than holdem
PLO because of some many hole cards n the table I generaly see the winning hands as upper full house / high end of the straight and Ace high flushes
Quads / straight flushes does happen but the board usually paids the A- high flush or top over fill boats not the under fill boat as often

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play Holdem, tries Omaha once or twice but it's a different game, one needs to study it if wants to have success.

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I preffer Hold´em but i like Omaha too

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play Holden more, but I really like Omaha and I find it super exciting.