Are men superior to women in poker?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone is silly to think that a woman is less superior of a poker player than a man!

Last edited:
masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that poker as well as other work has the strongest and weakest but it does not affect the gender.

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are definitely differences in our abilities/personalities to play poker.
Also the way we react to being beat down or talked bad to. The different ways we tilt. There are many differences. I think women are way more intuitive but less able to deal with table talk without loosing concentration

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's rare to find woman in the top list of the best poker player in the world! Not even one female got any bracelet in her life! So, what is the secret behind that?
It's even very rare to find a woman in the final table of big events!
Maybe the woman is too much brittle, and doesn’t have the nerves for withstanding the poker pressure.
I notice that women are not good in bluffing, and easy to bluff. Maybe this is one of the reasons.
What do you think?
Men are better, seriously you are going there. The difference is not the gender, it is the mind set of any poker player. You need that total disregard for money to play poker, quote from Doyle Brunson I think. How many ladies are on the poker tour compared to men. Guessing 10%, big disadvantage in shear numbers to survive the cut.

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never, is something about persons, not about gender

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has nothing to do with gender, what if poker is played more by men but it is not because we are better at playing it, it is only from the point of perspective

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are more careful in the game, so it is harder to take risks and go all-in.:) Probably more disciplined and calmer. Energetically, I think poker is a "man's" game. There are such concepts as domination, rivalry, manipulation.:D And these are all masculine qualities and dignity.
However, I do not believe that women do not have these qualities. But we have a good character trait - observation. This quality helps us. Pay attention in chess women do not play in the same tournament with men.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that we are all equal! Men or women are the same. The game only depens of the skills, maths, luck and the variance :)

Sorry for my english :D

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone is silly to think that a woman is less superior of a poker player than a man!

Scientists conducted an experiment that showed that women are more predisposed to successful poker games on a biological level.

They found that an increase in the level of testosterone in the body of a poker player negatively affects his game. The results of the study were published in the well-known scientific journal "Nature".

The experiment was conducted in a group of 20 women aged 19-26 years. Each of them played two heads-up sessions, before each of which they drank special pills. Half of the pills contained a substance that provokes an increase in testosterone levels, and half were "pacifiers" (placebo).

During the study, the researchers focused their observations mainly on the art of bluffing. And at the end, we concluded that after increasing testosterone in the body, the player's bluff becomes more obvious and noticeable to opponents. The official conclusion noted that "an increase in testosterone levels in the body unwittingly encourages players to use a less profitable strategy of bluffing and playing poker."
In addition, the researchers noticed that players with elevated testosterone levels unnecessarily increased the number of "autocalls" during the game.

Thus, we can conclude that at the biological level, women are more likely to play poker successfully. However, in this case, it is difficult to explain from a scientific point of view the fact that men are more successful in the game and more often win titles of prestigious tournaments.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thus, we can conclude that at the biological level, women are more likely to play poker successfully. However, in this case, it is difficult to explain from a scientific point of view the fact that men are more successful in the game and more often win titles of prestigious tournaments.

Well, when men make up at least 90% of the playing field, it would stand to reason they WOULD win more often, simply based on the sheer number of male players vs. female players.

But, good luck convincing most people when there are some REAL amazing female players too that still win tournaments, like Kristen Bicknell most notably (and recently).

B

BeatrixK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Being underestimated or put a box has it's own advantages. The less an opponent knows about my style or skill set, is more information that I have and they don't. I am not keen to dissuade a someone from making wrong assumptions. Just a classic Art of War scenario.

T

TongueLashin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favorite player:Annette Oberstad

When Annette was just a little girl she was a boss on felt. Too bad she opted out on sharkscope or I could show you what I am talking about. By the time she was old enough she won the WSOPE main event and took her game live around the world. I have to say she was not good live, but The Huntress when online was the most fearsome thing you ever seen. She won all the main event games at least once including Sunday Millions at poker stars maybe twice. Though she stood all of 5 ft 2in give or take, her game was 8 feet tall. It all depends on the particular individual, not a gender.

T

tommyboobaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women can do it as well as men. Most don't want to dedicate the time to become dominant. To their credit, they are too well rounded.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted this before but watch again, watch how she can replay everyone’s hands and betting and has a complete knowledge of all that is going on.

Women have hyper analytical minds, and are far superior than men when they can see how ridiculous we are, :) Don’t drink, don’t act cool, play poker or you will be demolished and blame it on “wanting on” going to the bar or bad luck lol

Last edited:
T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean in terms of intelligence, I think that most likely women and men are the same. In poker it depends on the years you have been playing and the millions of hands you have played, experience and knowledge.
Stephen Hawking (IQ 163)
Ophelia Morgan-Dew (IQ 171)
Terrence Tao (IQ 230)

K

Kichidk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm well after reading the responses ..I realise I dont care much

I have been beaten by chicks here and there...i dont pout about it. and claim I shouldnt lose to a girl. thats just silly.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only, and with a big if, in participation percentage. Once the cards are dealt, everybody is the same.
I do really like that quote from Doug Polk that good players get two cards just like you,
never change your game no matter what!:)

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it is a game that has always had a lot of men, and women are more and more interested in poker.
I think it's only a matter of time before women are in the same number as men

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think there alot of women that play, and a point they dont know I'm a woman, I wonder if that makes the dif, if they knew? My mom plays at the clubs an gets 1st alot,

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think there alot of women that play, and a point they dont know I'm a woman, I wonder if that makes the dif, if they knew? My mom plays at the clubs an gets 1st alot,
I’ve played a lot of TF2 (an online free play game) and women have disguised themselves as men (or been vague) lol..they are usually the better players, but they knew the headaches that came with losing by dudes view of a woman winning...so they sported a dudes name lol..to me that is awesome they had them figured out lol

They did the extra step but still dominated lol shouldn’t be like that but it kinda is

It’s like the ultimate disguise/win and I think online poker is a lot like that lol

Who cares about ego or gender?! Care about the skill to win!

Last edited:
VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that there is no such thing, but the quality of the player regardless of gender. We may have more men winning tournaments and playing poker, as most people who play poker are male, but that doesn't stop a woman from being an excellent player too

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is nothing in poker that can generate a gender differentiation in that sport the players sit around a table and use only the concentration of intelligence and cunning to win beyond and of course a little luck then and the same for everyone