Are men superior to women in poker?

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all comes down to the individual but I would say on average a man is a better poker player than a women because he is more serious and committed to learning more about the game to become an even better player.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An idea crystallizes in my head as i read this thread. CC can schedule men vs women MMTs or organize some kind of league. We may ask is this possible the admins. On toptic, you don,t see a lot of women on the final tables bacause they occupy lesser than 10% of a MTT 's battlefield. In the opposite situation final tables would be dominated by women(imagine Phil Hellmuth with seven females on the table:bandit:). We may debate "women or men" if the field was 50/50 devided

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since all tournaments are mixt i dont SEE how This coud be real

G

gwooof

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes they are some really great women card players I think it's and equal playing field Jennifer tilly is a really good player watch her play live a couple times good player and Annie duke great players poker is good times

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in reality men and female are not equaly good at everything! some areas female excel and some areas men excel which ones and in how big a degree i dont know.

Great answer))) I don't know for sure but I'm sure I'm right)

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still agree that there are simply not enough of them at the tables

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't underestimate women, they are still in the game and are doing great!

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think men have any advantage against women on poker playing. I just think that women have a little advantage because men are always underestimating them... por of those...

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe if the quantity of women were the same as men in the world of poker, the number of women winners would be higher because they have more patience. And patience is the main key for a good poker.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You see how badass boss the commentator was at debate, holy cow:)
Iconic

Last edited:
M

Meroveus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe if the quantity of women were the same as men in the world of poker, the number of women winners would be higher because they have more patience. And patience is the main key for a good poker.
Clearly, we know different women ::cool:

Historically men have been more conniving, and more aggressive and to some extent more analytical. This is changing very rapidly.

The best women players I know do not play like men though. They are able to understand player tendencies more accurately and more rapidly that most of the men they play against.

When I played hearts online I used the name Mitzi, and a cute-looking avatar. It was +EV
For some reason, I didn't do this when I began to play poker...

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Clearly, we know different women ::cool:

Historically men have been more conniving, and more aggressive and to some extent more analytical. This is changing very rapidly.

The best women players I know do not play like men though. They are able to understand player tendencies more accurately and more rapidly that most of the men they play against.

When I played hearts online I used the name Mitzi, and a cute-looking avatar. It was +EV
For some reason, I didn't do this when I began to play poker...
Good. Straight to the point.

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
men in compare to woman

absolutely not, women are so talented and enthusiasts and I believe they are tighter in poker than men. believe it or not, in this age women are as competitive as men and soon their number will increase in this game and they will climb the ladder of success as men do

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Women are not much of a chance taker
They like more certainty

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think men are better at poker than women. The reason it may seem that way, is statistical: there are far more men playing poker than women (there are reasons for this, that can also be discused deeply). So as there are more men, statistically there are going to be more men at the top of the game.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both are good hard to say which are better because there is so many more male players compared to females ..but if you go on who wins tournaments more it’s guys by a huge amount

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No, we all have the same oppertunities on how to play. I think men
are more agressive but if a women goes all in, I pay attension!!

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It all comes down to the individual but I would say on average a man is a better poker player than a women because he is more serious and committed to learning more about the game to become an even better player.
I don't believe that is true. Women take instruction and learning much better than men do, probably because their egos don't prevent them from listening to someone else. In his biography Hell, I Was There, Elmer Keith tells of guiding a husband and wife on their first elk hunt. The woman listened intently as he explained what they needed to do, while the man didn't follow the instructions. In the end she shot a bull elk with a large rack of antlers, and her husband was skunked. I've heard the same from many shooting instructors, and while it is a different sport the attitudes are the same.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's rare to find woman in the top list of the best poker player in the world! Not even one female got any bracelet in her life! So, what is the secret behind that?
It's even very rare to find a woman in the final table of big events!
Maybe the woman is too much brittle, and doesn’t have the nerves for withstanding the poker pressure.
I notice that women are not good in bluffing, and easy to bluff. Maybe this is one of the reasons.
What do you think?
There are just fewer women in poker! As for the bracelets, the first 2 - time EPT champion is just a woman-Vicki Koren!

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are men supirior to woman in poker

I guess you cant ever find out because there are so many more men then woman that play poker.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was once friends with a celebrity, and will say, If she cared to look into it, you would All be toast at this game lol

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think we are superions in terms of capacity, it is a matter of time and number of male players over female players who are clearly a minority in the world of poker. But the ability in poker I do not think depends on gender but on the skills that a person achieves through study and discipline to improve himself

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think we are superions in terms of capacity, it is a matter of time and number of male players over female players who are clearly a minority in the world of poker. But the ability in poker I do not think depends on gender but on the skills that a person achieves through study and discipline to improve himself
What the hell are you talking about ?